GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 24th, 2009; and post game debate

+21
sidstu
PKC
Hoags
PTFlea
dennycrane
Sens19
caissie_1
Hockeyhero22000
KidKarlsson
The Silfer Server
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
beerandsens
Vandelay
Flo The Action
Tuk Tuk
wprager
rooneypoo
LethalLehner
shabbs
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 16]

Sens19

Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:It should have but there was no structure in the last 2 mins, the worng players were out there, and they paniced. Again, I put this one on Clouston.

Wasn't Fisher who failed to clear it which resulted in the tying goal? We deserved to win this game, Clouston has changed the mentality of this team and tonight was a mix of BS officiating and Bruins luck.

I'm getting sick and tired of Cheechoo as well and I agree about Dono having to be there, but none were the reason we lost

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

Gohan wrote:They had no business getting a point against Nashville and no business getting less than two points tonight. So whatever...only thing that sucks is Boston getting any points at all. Oh well, we'll learn from it and move on.

Some of you guys need to chill out with this critical business. This is all pretty straight-forward. Clouston is building for the future. He's trying to help them improve as individuals and as a team (hence the Karlsson-Campoli pairing).

As for Shannon, he's there because Cheechoo hasn't proven he belongs. Shannon is an insurance policy.

Cheechoo is playing 1000 times better then Shannon, but he still shouldnt be out there protecting a lead.

Shannon is useless on the 4th line, un-equally useless.

N4L wrote:Also the top 3 lines are getting a little more tired out there because of the fact the 4th line in absolutely ineffective because Donovan is the healthy scratch. WHY?! No one can Diddling answer that can they?
I believe that Clouston is leaving Shannon in until Kuba returns, so that he has options on the PP point. As for Cheechoo, he maybe watching the next game. I guarantee you that Dononvan plays the next game. If not, I'll join your Wing Dang Doodle against Clouston. This team has way more structure, character and poise with Clouston than it had under Paddock or Hartsburg. Just like young players, young coaches will improve as time goes on.

RobbyJ wrote:
N4L wrote:Regin, Fisher, Alfi, Michalek, Spezza, Kelly, Ruutu, any of those 7 would have worked just fine. Surprised he didnt put Shannon out there.
Kelly is a disaster out there, and Fisher made the bonehead play not to clear the puck. Honestly, I don't blame the coach, the players need to execute.

Do mistakes not exist in your world?

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Gohan wrote:They had no business getting a point against Nashville and no business getting less than two points tonight. So whatever...only thing that sucks is Boston getting any points at all. Oh well, we'll learn from it and move on.

Some of you guys need to chill out with this critical business. This is all pretty straight-forward. Clouston is building for the future. He's trying to help them improve as individuals and as a team (hence the Karlsson-Campoli pairing).

As for Shannon, he's there because Cheechoo hasn't proven he belongs. Shannon is an insurance policy.

If it were up to me, both would be out once Winchester comes back. They're both equally useless and frustrating

Sens19 wrote:
N4L wrote:It should have but there was no structure in the last 2 mins, the worng players were out there, and they paniced. Again, I put this one on Clouston.

Wasn't Fisher who failed to clear it which resulted in the tying goal? We deserved to win this game, Clouston has changed the mentality of this team and tonight was a mix of BS officiating and Bruins luck.

I'm getting sick and tired of Cheechoo as well and I agree about Dono having to be there, but none were the reason we lost

Cheechoo had a good game for 58 mins, then Clouston put him out there for some reason, but he isnt the guy that should be out there protecting a lead. DUMB decision by the coach.

Gohan wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
N4L wrote:Regin, Fisher, Alfi, Michalek, Spezza, Kelly, Ruutu, any of those 7 would have worked just fine. Surprised he didnt put Shannon out there.
Kelly is a disaster out there, and Fisher made the bonehead play not to clear the puck. Honestly, I don't blame the coach, the players need to execute.

Seriously, I dont have a proble with a physical mistake. It wasnt bone head, he had the puck on his back hand and fanned, that's something you accept.

N4L wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:

How is Kelly a disaster? Let me see, last 2 mins of a game protecting a lead... Cheechoo or Kelly.... toooooough choice there.

Kelly is 100% a guy I would have out there in the last 2 mins of a game protecting a lead but I guess by him being on a 4th line that can play a regular shift with Shannon, he might be a bit cold, so if that's the case, then good call by Clouston.

Playing favorites might have cost The Sens the last 2 games because of the inability to roll 4 lines.

You're taking way too short-term a view of this. This was the 9th Diddling game of the season. They are building towards something, trying to figure out who stays and who goes. The points are important, but being ready for the playoffs starts now. They know that. You are forgetting it.

N4L wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:

How is Kelly a disaster? Let me see, last 2 mins of a game protecting a lead... Cheechoo or Kelly.... toooooough choice there.

Kelly is 100% a guy I would have out there in the last 2 mins of a game protecting a lead but I guess by him being on a 4th line that can play a regular shift with Shannon, he might be a bit cold, so if that's the case, then good call by Clouston.

Playing favorites might have cost The Sens the last 2 games because of the inability to roll 4 lines.
Screw being cold, I saw Kelly standing on the offensive side of a board battle in the neutral zone 3 times tonight. For the "smartest man on the team" that is totally unacceptable. Every forward on that team should have to watch Peter Regin play without the puck, he is so smart it isn't funny.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

The Spezza line was outstanding tonight, and they all deserved to be out there in the final minutes. Blame Volchenkov and Philips for the tying goal. The second goal was an outstanding tip by Recchi. I did wonder why Campoli and Karlsson were out with about 2 minutes left though.

Why did the refs essentially give Boston a second timeout? I loved CBC, our national network, capturing Clouston saying 'F@#R#% Horse#R$@#' three times in a row.

They know Ruutu/Kelly/Donovan was firing
They know that top line with Cheechoo there is playing great
They know Neil/Regin/Foligno are chipping in
AND they know Alfi/Fisher/Kovy are producing

They also know their PP sucks with Shannon on top of the PP.

It's garbage that Shannon is in there game after game.

Gohan wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:

I love Fisher's game, but you have to admit that's 2 games in a row he has pulled a Mezaros. I call guys out when they screw up, and in the last 2 minutes, you can't afford mistakes like that.

RobbyJ wrote:
N4L wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:

Screw being cold, I saw Kelly standing on the offensive side of a board battle in the neutral zone 3 times tonight. For the "smartest man on the team" that is totally unacceptable. Every forward on that team should have to watch Peter Regin play without the puck, he is so smart it isn't funny.

So why wasnt Regin out there?

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
Sens19 wrote:

Cheechoo had a good game for 58 mins, then Clouston put him out there for some reason, but he isnt the guy that should be out there protecting a lead. DUMB decision by the coach.

Maybe its my fever or the rage of the horrible midterm I had this morning, but Cheechoo didnt have a good game, not to me anyways. He makes Spezza and Michalek looks bad and its really getting frustrating. And like I said before, if Clouston wasnt here, no way the Sens would be playing this way.

Also, why do we still have shootouts in hockey?? GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 24th, 2009; and post game debate - Page 8 555492

N4L wrote:They know Ruutu/Kelly/Donovan was firing
They know that top line with Cheechoo there is playing great
They know Neil/Regin/Foligno are chipping in
AND they know Alfi/Fisher/Kovy are producing

They also know their PP sucks with Shannon on top of the PP.

It's garbage that Shannon is in there game after game.
And he'll be out of there when Kuba is back.

N4L wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
N4L wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:

So why wasnt Regin out there?
Now that's a good question.

N4L wrote:
Sens19 wrote:

Maybe you're right, but maybe, as a goalie youself, you don't appreciate the mindset of a player. Clouston was showing faith in his best line---all of it---and they couldn't reward him for that faith. Surely you can see the logic?

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Chris Kelly is a fourth line player on this team, and frankly he or Shannon should be taken out in favour of Donovan. Kelly was awful tonight. No shots on goal, -1. That's not contributing.

The Sens did roll four lines. Only four players played less than 13 minutes. Ruutu was the only one under 10 minutes.

Gord Wilson talks up Kelly because they are neighbours.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum