GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

3 picks - Oct 3

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

13 picks - Oct 3 Empty 3 picks - Oct 3 Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:18 am

Season record (3-3)
Underdog record (1-0)

Last night wasnt such a good night...

Today!

Montreal at Buffalo. With Markov having gone down for the next 4 months as well as Montreal coming off a game they had no business winning they should be easy pickings for Buffalo.

Buffalo by 1 at 1.85.

San Jose at Anahiem

I think Anahiem picks up right where they left off last season and that's beating The Sharks down. San Jose looked awful in Colorado and might be living off the success they had last regualr season. Look for Anahiem to take this one.

Anahiem by 1 at 1.90

UNDERDOG PICK

Nashville at Dallas. This game is going to be close one way or the other but look for Nashville and their D to be the difference here.

Nashville by 1 at 2.10

23 picks - Oct 3 Empty Re: 3 picks - Oct 3 Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:32 am

N4L wrote:Season record (3-3)
Underdog record (1-0)

Today!

Montreal at Buffalo. With Markov having gone down for the next 4 months as well as Montreal coming off a game they had no business winning they should be easy pickings for Buffalo.

Buffalo by 1 at 1.85.

San Jose at Anahiem

I think Anahiem picks up right where they left off last season and that's beating The Sharks down. San Jose looked awful in Colorado and might be living off the success they had last regualr season. Look for Anahiem to take this one.

Anahiem by 1 at 1.90

UNDERDOG PICK

Nashville at Dallas. This game is going to be close one way or the other but look for Nashville and their D to be the difference here.

Nashville by 1 at 2.10

Did a proline last night... doing pretty good so far...

- picked philly, pit (both last night), ottawa, minnesota, philly and the Islanders (by accident)... pays 400$ though.

- picked philly, pit (both last night), Chicago and St Louis

33 picks - Oct 3 Empty Re: 3 picks - Oct 3 Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:51 am

The Chicago and Detroit games are not available...

43 picks - Oct 3 Empty Re: 3 picks - Oct 3 Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:59 am

N4L wrote:The Chicago and Detroit games are not available...

how so?

53 picks - Oct 3 Empty Re: 3 picks - Oct 3 Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:01 am

No NHL games in Europe are available on proline.

63 picks - Oct 3 Empty Re: 3 picks - Oct 3 Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:05 am

N4L wrote:No NHL games in Europe are available on proline.

Quebec proline... is what I meant.sorry

73 picks - Oct 3 Empty Re: 3 picks - Oct 3 Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:09 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely, not that I'm planning on using this info (as I said before, I don't gamble), but I don't like not understanding what's being said. For example, when you say:
[quote]Buffalo by 1 at 1.85[/quote

I take it you are saying that Buffalo wins by at least 1 (not exactly one) -- correct?

What is the "at 1.85" part, though? Is that from Pro-Line and, if so, what does that mean?

83 picks - Oct 3 Empty Re: 3 picks - Oct 3 Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:12 am

[quote="wprager"]Neely, not that I'm planning on using this info (as I said before, I don't gamble), but I don't like not understanding what's being said. For example, when you say:
Buffalo by 1 at 1.85[/quote

I take it you are saying that Buffalo wins by at least 1 (not exactly one) -- correct?

What is the "at 1.85" part, though? Is that from Pro-Line and, if so, what does that mean?

I believe it's the probability of that team winning... the closer to 1 the more favourite the team is... it's also the multiple that you use to calculate the bet... if you selected 3 teams rated at 1.85 and put 2$ the winnings would be
1.85 x 1.85 x 1.85 x 2$ = 12.66$

93 picks - Oct 3 Empty Re: 3 picks - Oct 3 Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Really? You multiply the probabilities? Just to make sure I understand what you're saying:

If there was only one game, then $2 would give you 1.85 x 2 = $3.79, or a profit of $1.70 (85%).

But with Pro-Line, you've got to get all three correct or you get nothing (right?) so that's why the probabilities are multiplied together (the chance of getting at least one wrong increases with more games, so that's why the payoff has to increase as well).

So with three games the payoff is $12.66 on a $2 bet, or a profit of $10.66 (533%).

If the above is correct, then I believe I'm more educated. Since they say "Learn something new every day" that means I can turn off for the rest of the day. Yeah!

103 picks - Oct 3 Empty Re: 3 picks - Oct 3 Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:29 am

wprager wrote:Really? You multiply the probabilities? Just to make sure I understand what you're saying:

If there was only one game, then $2 would give you 1.85 x 2 = $3.79, or a profit of $1.70 (85%).

But with Pro-Line, you've got to get all three correct or you get nothing (right?) so that's why the probabilities are multiplied together (the chance of getting at least one wrong increases with more games, so that's why the payoff has to increase as well).

So with three games the payoff is $12.66 on a $2 bet, or a profit of $10.66 (533%).

If the above is correct, then I believe I'm more educated. Since they say "Learn something new every day" that means I can turn off for the rest of the day. Yeah!

need to bet a minimum of 3 games... and yes you seem to have it.

113 picks - Oct 3 Empty Re: 3 picks - Oct 3 Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:39 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Season record (3-3)
Underdog record (1-0)

Today!

Buffalo by 1 at 1.85.

San Jose at Anahiem

Anahiem by 1 at 1.90

UNDERDOG PICK

Nashville by 1 at 2.10

Neely, you da MAN!
3 picks - Oct 3 394176

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum