GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap!

+7
PTFlea
wprager
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
asq2
beerandsens
Cap'n Clutch
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! - Page 3 Empty Re: The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:12 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Carkner is a hiuge part of that penalty kill and surprisingly enough so is Picard. Leciare is always huge. As if we have an all-star goaltender in nets!

Nice feeling with Leclaire in the nets, have we ever had an all star goalie? and Hasek doesn't count as he was an all star before he was a Sen.

32The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! - Page 3 Empty Re: The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:14 am

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
N4L wrote:Carkner is a hiuge part of that penalty kill and surprisingly enough so is Picard. Leciare is always huge. As if we have an all-star goaltender in nets!

Nice feeling with Leclaire in the nets, have we ever had an all star goalie? and Hasek doesn't count as he was an all star before he was a Sen.

Hasek doesn't count not because he was an All-Star before he was a Sen. Hasek doesn't count because he gave up on the team because he had a hangnail.

33The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! - Page 3 Empty Re: The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:19 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Hasek doesn't count not because he was an All-Star before he was a Sen. Hasek doesn't count because he gave up on the team because he had a hangnail.

yeah that didn't leave a great impression in my mouth either, before Leclaire though, Hasek was the best starting goalie we had, Leclaire might not be as skilled as Hasek, but what he has in potential far outweighs anything else, so far he has had 6 starts and no signs of slowing down/injury trouble. The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! - Page 3 88481 The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! - Page 3 88481 The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! - Page 3 88481

34The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! - Page 3 Empty Re: The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Detroit sucked on the PK last year because the most important played on a PK (the goalie) had a horrible regular season. They all thought that he was a money goalie and would turn his play around around in April. To a certain extent, he did.

35The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! - Page 3 Empty Re: The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:25 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Agreed. I was really quite shocked to see his numbers throughout the year last year. Other than his W column, everything was in the gutter. Of course, all that really matters are the wins.

36The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! - Page 3 Empty Re: The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:59 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I haven't posted in here for a while but I felt it was time to give a little shout out to Brian Lee. He has come in and scored two goals since being called up and is starting to make his presence felt on offense. He was touted as an offensive D-man and he's definitely providing it right now. Sure he has areas to work on and sure one of his goals was a shot that the goalie should have had but he's putting the puck in the net and that's what he was brought up her to do.

- Unknown Author

37The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! - Page 3 Empty Re: The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:17 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How about Nick Freakin' Foligno for this. He has been on fire since being scratched and last game he was playing some great hockey.

- Unknown Author

38The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! - Page 3 Empty Re: The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:45 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Shout out to Mike Brodeur for keeping his mouth shut and quietly winning 3 games with a GAA of 1.00.

Good for you Mike. Nice to see the Eli effect hadn't reached you yet.

- Unknown Author

39The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! - Page 3 Empty Re: The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:17 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big time shout out to the whole team for just going out and getting it done over the last 4 games despite it being so easy to just fold after a 5 game losing streak that included shotty goal tending while missing all our top guns.

Special mentions to Regin, Elliott and Karlsson for showing us how it's done and not just flapping their gums.

- Unknown Author

40The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! - Page 3 Empty Re: The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:58 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Big time shout out to the whole team for just going out and getting it done over the last 4 games despite it being so easy to just fold after a 5 game losing streak that included shotty goal tending while missing all our top guns.

Special mentions to Regin, Elliott and Karlsson for showing us how it's done and not just flapping their gums.

Big time.

For me, the more I see of this team, the more my views shift. For example, I'm now perfectly and completely content with Chris Kelly's game and his 2.2 million. He's playing the game with smarts and grit - but he's also contributing. That means a lot. He's having a heck of a year.

Chris Neil is killer. We need him for 2 million for sure. When he plays like he has in the last 4 games, we've always got a shot. Look at the way the Hawks' D were intimidated by him last night. A huge piece of the victory puzzle.

Sharko Ruutu is playing vintage Ruutu hockey. Not only is he making nice plays, but he's playing tough and making the other team crazy. Again, all year this guy has been one of the better players for us.

Anton Volchenkov and Chris Phillips. I had some harsh words for them at various times of the year, but the lesson is to stick with the veterans. They may have their ups and downs, but in the long run, these are the guys playing balls to the wall for us and shutting down the opponent's top lines.

Alex Kovalev. He seems to have focused himself and his game has been sharp as a tack recently. Nice passes, good control, smart plays. I'm not saying I'm completely on his side, but it's been a heck of a lot better recently.

Peter Regin. There's nothing to say here that hasn't been said a million times now. The kid is turning into a bonafide top 6 centerman. So, second line center or centering one doozy of a third line.

Ryan Shannon. I supported this guy all the way because I like his speed, his hockey IQ and his determination. He's looking good again...yay!

Guys I'm still on the fence on:

Chris Campoli. I don't know, looks good sometimes, looks crumby others.

Filip Kuba. Is playing better, but still could use a more rounded game - particularly when he's in the defensive zone and he tries to cover instead of the simpler play.

Donovan. Not sure anymore. Z.Smith is probably the better idea going forward, but at the same time, Donovan hasn't gotten into the swing after his injury. Benefit of the doubt.

Leclaire. Please play well?

Cheechoo. Please go away?

Talk is cheap for sure. Some are walking the walk though. The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! - Page 3 542150

41The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! - Page 3 Empty Re: The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:05 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have to give some credit to Kovalev last night for one play in particular. I believe we were on the PP and he dove to make a play and keep the puck in the zone. Great second effort from him on that play for sure.

- Unknown Author

42The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! - Page 3 Empty Re: The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:02 pm

not katherine

Prospect
Prospect

i like movies

43The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! - Page 3 Empty Re: The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:02 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lot's of movies in Pedo?

- Unknown Author

44The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! - Page 3 Empty Re: The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:04 pm

not katherine

Prospect
Prospect

yes lots of movies
welcome

45The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! - Page 3 Empty Re: The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

not katherine wrote:i like movies

*upvote*

46The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! - Page 3 Empty Re: The REAL Sens Slogan - Talk is Cheap! Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Resurrecting a 6-year-old thread. Must be a full moon or eclipse.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum