GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Las Vegas Rates the 09-10 NHL Standings

+6
PKC
wprager
SeawaySensFan
spader
PTFlea
davetherave
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

ottawa at 83 points even though this team has improved itself greatly, from top to bottom, by addition and subtraction, and by subtraction, of course we all know getting rid of Heatley helps this team greatly in the dressing room. Michalek will help the team on the ice, same with Kovalev. Cheechoo I will not give up on either, he will contribute in any way he can. I figure us to be more around the 95 point mark.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Sportnet doesn't feel the love for the Sens either, calling our defense thin, from my perspective, that should be the stronger part of our team, or at least close to it.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/09/22/previews_northeast_division/

Tuk Tuk

Veteran
Veteran

Atlanta can be a playoff team. They improved greatly over the off season. Their only concern is goaltending.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

@SSF what ASQ is saying is:

So here's the bottom line: Ignore the predictions. Sit back and enjoy the ride. And if every expert in the world is predicting that your team will come in dead last this year, don't worry.

...as ASQ's favorite hockey writer points out. More here:
http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2009/09/hockey-predictions.html

Now, if you're a betting man, Vegas is giving you their odds.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:@SSF what ASQ is saying is:

So here's the bottom line: Ignore the predictions. Sit back and enjoy the ride. And if every expert in the world is predicting that your team will come in dead last this year, don't worry.

the only thing I would bet on is pocket aces and I am sitting in the big blind Las Vegas Rates the 09-10 NHL Standings - Page 2 668437

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
davetherave wrote:@SSF what ASQ is saying is:

the only thing I would bet on is pocket aces and I am sitting in the big blind Las Vegas Rates the 09-10 NHL Standings - Page 2 668437

Kenny Rogers feels your pain...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:Sportnet doesn't feel the love for the Sens either, calling our defense thin, from my perspective, that should be the stronger part of our team, or at least close to it.

Goal-scorers like this dud don't grow in trees.

Things grow in trees? That's awesome, I thought they grew on trees. Learn something new everyday! Crazy Eyes

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:Sportnet doesn't feel the love for the Sens either, calling our defense thin, from my perspective, that should be the stronger part of our team, or at least close to it.

Things grow in trees? That's awesome, I thought they grew on trees. Learn something new everyday! Las Vegas Rates the 09-10 NHL Standings - Page 2 792988

SF71 has to stop reading Sportsnet...that site will corrupt his young mind. Especially Mike Brophy.

Las Vegas Rates the 09-10 NHL Standings - Page 2 668437

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

[url=http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/09/22/previews_northeast_division/
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/09/22/previews_northeast_division/[/quote[/url]]

Mike Brophy is one of the biggest Leaf homers out there. All you have to do is look at the entry for the Leafs and Sens.

Ottawa has some skill up front, to be sure, but the defence is thin and the goaltending a question mark. After going to the Stanley Cup final in 2006-07, the Senators have been on a steady slide and it's looking like a second straight season out of the playoffs is a distinct possibility

Making the playoffs is a realistic goal and like Leafs fans have been saying since 1968, once you get in, you never know. They will also be a more competitive and entertaining team than they were a year ago. Burke never said he'd turn things completely around overnight, but he has made some pretty dramatic changes that should reap immediate rewards

Also, his take on Kessel betrays him:

Will the Bruins miss Phil Kessel? Is the Pope Catholic? Any team would miss a 36-goal scorer. Kessel has overcome cancer and various other injuries to remain one of the fastest, most pure goal-scorers in the NHL. You have to think his best days are ahead of him

He "remains" one of the most pure goal-scorers in the NHL? Las Vegas Rates the 09-10 NHL Standings - Page 2 Icon_scratch

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:

Things grow in trees? That's awesome, I thought they grew on trees. Learn something new everyday! Crazy Eyes

I have a goal scorer tree planted in my yard. right next to the money and pear trees Smile Dancing Dumbo

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tuk Tuk wrote:Atlanta can be a playoff team. They improved greatly over the off season. Their only concern is goaltending.

Bang on.

Lehtonen is coming off back surgery. They will start the season with a tandem of Pavelec/Hedberg or the other way around.

On the other hand, they added Antropov and Kubina (while losing some toughness in Exelby). If Lehtonen can play, or if Pavelec takes this opportunity and runs with it, they are a playoff team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They're soft as tissue - skilled, but soft. And their PK might be an issue. But, yes, overall Waddell's done a nice job this summer.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Tuk Tuk wrote:Atlanta can be a playoff team. They improved greatly over the off season. Their only concern is goaltending.

Bang on.

Lehtonen is coming off back surgery. They will start the season with a tandem of Pavelec/Hedberg or the other way around.

On the other hand, they added Antropov and Kubina (while losing some toughness in Exelby). If Lehtonen can play, or if Pavelec takes this opportunity and runs with it, they are a playoff team.

I wouldnt be surprised to see them sign Fernandez

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tuk Tuk wrote:
I wouldnt be surprised to see them sign Fernandez

I would. Pavelec(sp) is yelling for a chance to play in the NHL.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:They're soft as tissue - skilled, but soft. And their PK might be an issue. But, yes, overall Waddell's done a nice job this summer.

Soft does a great job in the regular season. You don't have to win in the playoffs to get to the playoffs.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Bang on.

The way Exelby played for them, he was barely AHL-calibre. It's no great loss, and they've added Kane, Antropov and Kubina.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:They're soft as tissue - skilled, but soft. And their PK might be an issue. But, yes, overall Waddell's done a nice job this summer.

Soft does a great job in the regular season. You don't have to win in the playoffs to get to the playoffs.

True enough.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

The Statsinator Has Spoken.

Thrashers in the playoffs per Prager. Book it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum