GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year

+2
SensFan71
jamvan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Empty Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:38 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

I still say at that price he'd add even more depth to us, but oh well.

2Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Empty Re: Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:40 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

pretty cheap for him, but rather have one of the young guys play than have another veteran forward, now is the time to let the kids play, we are not cup contenders this season, so let the young guys get the experience.

3Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Empty Re: Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

In other news, the Wild have moved their area right next to the Hospital for quick access.

4Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Empty Re: Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:45 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:In other news, the Wild have moved their area right next to the Hospital for quick access.

He's missed 7 regular season games in the last 3 seasons combined. Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year 639591 Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year 50327

5Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Empty Re: Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:In other news, the Wild have moved their area right next to the Hospital for quick access.

He's missed 7 regular season games in the last 3 seasons combined. Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year 639591 Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year 50327

Is that a diddling fact!!? That's shocking. Ahhhhh!

6Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Empty Re: Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:48 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Is that a diddling fact!!? That's shocking. Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year 50327

Fact. Still, there doesn't appear to be room for another winger in Ottawa anyway.

7Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Empty Re: Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No, not here, but it could work out for the Wild. I thought he had groin issues, I'm really surprised.

8Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Empty Re: Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:24 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:No, not here, but it could work out for the Wild. I thought he had groin issues, I'm really surprised.

Thinking of Gaby?

9Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Empty Re: Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:No, not here, but it could work out for the Wild. I thought he had groin issues, I'm really surprised.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?&name=Petr+Sykora

Missed 2 games (shoulder injury).Missed 3 games (upper body injury).Missed 3 games (groin).Missed 1 game (illness).
02-May-09
14-Mar-09
14-Oct-08
01-Jan-08

That looks like 9 missed in the last 2 seasons. Granted, he didn't miss any games the season before, but he missed another 5 in 05/06.

So SD has a bit of a point -- that 7 games in 3 seasons is a little misleading.

Edit: that table didn't paste very well.

Last edited by wprager on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Empty Re: Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:24 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Missed 2 games (shoulder injury).Missed 3 games (upper body injury).Missed 3 games (groin).Missed 1 game (illness).
02-May-09
14-Mar-09
14-Oct-08
01-Jan-08

That looks like 9 missed in the last 2 seasons. Granted, he didn't miss any games the season before, but he missed another 5 in 05/06.

So SD has a bit of a point -- that 7 games in 3 seasons is a little misleading (and not factual).

still not made of glass though, so still good for the wild in that way since they always had injury issues with Gaborik.

11Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Empty Re: Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:26 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

02-May-09
14-Mar-09
14-Oct-08
01-Jan-08

So SD has a bit of a point -- that 7 games in 3 seasons is a little misleading (and not factual).

Edit: that table didn't paste very well.

I clearly said "regular season". If you look at the past 3 regular seasons you can see for yourself how misleading that comment was.

12Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Empty Re: Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, sorry, didn't look into it enough. He's not made of glass, for sure, but he is as likely as any other player in the league to miss 5-6 games.

13Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Empty Re: Sykora to Wild for $1.6 per year Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Sykora is good enough to contribute 20-25 goals a good amount of assists and with owen nolan gives the team a good deal of experiance and leadership so if this team makes it to the playoffs they have soem guys with good experience sykora does have 2 cup rings

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum