GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATE: Heatley for Cheechoo, Michalek DONE...and the aftermath

+40
strachattack
Sp00nz
mattshock
Hobiesens
COLLAR UP
SensGirl11
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
jamvan
caissie_1
TheAvatar
Snuh
PKC
spader
rooneypoo
Vandelay
Cap'n Clutch
beedub
SeawaySensFan
LethalLehner
BigRig
Phoenix30
Anshu
Amnesia021
dennycrane
PTFlea
Hoags
The Silfer Server
wprager
SDH89
jawal
asq2
M_Christopher
shabbs
LeCaptain
Hockeyhero22000
Sens19
Tuk Tuk
davetherave
44 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 33 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 64]

I just talked to Dawg...he thinks it's great. Well sort of.

He's afraid of how much of a turn around LA may make this year with a better Defense and better leadership with marleau and Smyth on their team.

He said SJ has basically signed another first round exit. Guess in Chicago the opinion is that Heatley is venom and will destroy any team he plays for.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

You put Stoll with Alfredsson and he becomes a 2nd line center. We keep FFS and Frolov on line one with Kovalev and Spezza. You tell me that`s not a top 4 offense in the East?

Last edited by marakh on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuk Tuk

Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
Tuk Tuk wrote:If this is true, Murray better be fired.

Bud shut up, you dont even know what you're talking about.

We gave up one of the best snipers in the NHL for 1 season of Frolov, and a useless player in Boll.

Why not let some of the season be played, get Heatley to keep his mouth shut, and raise his value back to where we get something respectable.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

cas wrote:
davetherave wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:Someone has to waive their NMC still. Unconfirmed which of the two has to still waive (or both).

San Jose is not a big commute from LA...Marleau has said his biggest concern is his family who are very comfortable there.

Assuming this intel is bona fide, the Kings would probably pull out all the stops to make Marleau and his family happy. A nice house in Beverly Hills or Malibu helps.

It can't be Marleau who's being waited on...They couldn't possibly be that stupid to not verify his willingness prior to consumating this deal.

If it is Heatley, this is done. If its Marleau, I'm worried and a little embarassed.

@Cas> I am following James Mirtle's Tweets right now...he says that some numbers are being verified to make sure it all works capwise.

Tuk Tuk wrote:
N4L wrote:

We gave up one of the best snipers in the NHL for 1 season of Frolov, and a useless player in Boll.

Why not let some of the season be played, get Heatley to keep his mouth shut, and raise his value back to where we get something respectable.

Who is more important, the fans in Ottawa and the team, or Heatley?

If he resigns Frolov Ottawa got the best player and a solid 2nd line center in Stoll.

N4L wrote:I think the Kings get the best player by far here and hopefully can resign Marleau.

SJ just went from top notch team to middle of the pack with this deal.

settle down Neely...they still have Thornton, Boyle, Seto, Pavelski, Clowe, Blake, Nabi, Vlasic...they aren't middle of the pack, especially when adding a 50 goal scorer to a line with what, at this moment, amounts to the best playmaker in the game UPDATE: Heatley for Cheechoo, Michalek DONE...and the aftermath - Page 3 42360

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Tuk Tuk wrote:
N4L wrote:

The situation is a freaking mess man, At this point a good group cohesion is more important than 50 goals. I think what we need to do is watch those 3 games against the Islanders last year and realize Skill only gets you that far.
It`s not about getting fair value anymore, it's about going in the right direction going forward.

I would still think there has to be a prospect or pick coming back from San Jose.

Dawg's Wife wrote:I just talked to Dawg...he thinks it's great. Well sort of.

He's afraid of how much of a turn around LA may make this year with a better Defense and better leadership with marleau and Smyth on their team.

He said SJ has basically signed another first round exit. Guess in Chicago the opinion is that Heatley is venom and will destroy any team he plays for.

Heatley for Kane, Keith and Aliu!!!!!!!! UPDATE: Heatley for Cheechoo, Michalek DONE...and the aftermath - Page 3 639591 Done deal!!!!!!!!!!!

davetherave wrote:
cas wrote:
davetherave wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:Someone has to waive their NMC still. Unconfirmed which of the two has to still waive (or both).

San Jose is not a big commute from LA...Marleau has said his biggest concern is his family who are very comfortable there.

Assuming this intel is bona fide, the Kings would probably pull out all the stops to make Marleau and his family happy. A nice house in Beverly Hills or Malibu helps.

It can't be Marleau who's being waited on...They couldn't possibly be that stupid to not verify his willingness prior to consumating this deal.

If it is Heatley, this is done. If its Marleau, I'm worried and a little embarassed.

@Cas> I am following James Mirtle's Tweets right now...he says that some numbers are being verified to make sure it all works capwise.

Any word on additional assets i.e. picks, prospects??

cas wrote:
N4L wrote:I think the Kings get the best player by far here and hopefully can resign Marleau.

settle down Neely...they still have Thornton, Boyle, Seto, Pavelski, Clowe, Blake, Nabi, Vlasic...they aren't middle of the pack, especially when adding a 50 goal scorer to a line with what, at this moment, amounts to the best playmaker in the game UPDATE: Heatley for Cheechoo, Michalek DONE...and the aftermath - Page 3 42360

If any of the Sharks forwards get within 10 feet of the net come playoff time, Ill send you a check for 1000 dollars. not really, but still.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

@Cas> nothing yet...BTW ESPN has headline saying BM denies deal done...

marakh wrote:
Tuk Tuk wrote:
N4L wrote:

The situation is a freaking mess man, At this point a good group cohesion is more important than 50 goals. I think what we need to do is watch those 3 games against the Islanders last year and realize Skill only gets you that far.
It`s not about getting fair value anymore, it's about going in the right direction going forward.

Thats exactly right. This, as it stands, is a win for the Sens.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

We should at least be able to dump Kelly in this deal. We have next to no need for him if we're getting Stoll. If you can do that and sign Sykora, we might come out of this improved.

I'd still much rather see either a top-notch defenceman come back or a top-notch young forward or forward prospect.

This is a good deal for Ottawa, I dont mind it one bit. A bit desperate, but that's exactly what Murray and The Sens were. No one wanted him there.

N4L wrote:
cas wrote:

If any of the Sharks forwards get within 10 feet of the net come playoff time, Ill send you a check for 1000 dollars. not really, but still.

UPDATE: Heatley for Cheechoo, Michalek DONE...and the aftermath - Page 3 668437 haha I'm pretty sure they'll do alright in the regular season... I'll wait until at least February before I start realistically talking playoffs.

In fact, this year, I'll wait until post Olympics before I start making playoff predictions

asq2 wrote:We should at least be able to dump Kelly in this deal. We have next to no need for him if we're getting Stoll. If you can do that and sign Sykora, we might come out of this improved.

I'd still much rather see either a top-notch defenceman come back or a top-notch young forward or forward prospect.

Prob have to see after camp... Murray can actually do his job now.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

IF this is true, we should all be happy.

If Frolov were playing for a higher profile team, he would be held in much higher regard. He's a big guy (6-4, 210) and he can put the puck in the net. His totals from the last four seasons;

05-06: 21
06-07: 35
07-08: 23
08-09: 32

And that's playing for a poor LA team. Put him on a line with Spezz and Kovy and there's no reason why he can't put up another 35-40.
I agree, the contract is an issue, but I have faith in what Murray is doing, and feel confident that we can get him signed in the 4.5-5 range long term (-5 years).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 33 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum