GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL

+2
Hoags
PTFlea
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL Empty Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=501399&navid=DL|OTT|home

2Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL Empty Re: Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:10 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

That's an awesome article. I really he hope does well here.

I'm not sure how he's going to bounce back playing on the 3rd line though.

3Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL Empty Re: Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:26 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:That's an awesome article. I really he hope does well here.

Yeah, it's all nice and dandy to hear him say he wants to get back to his old scoring ways... but it's gonna take some time and he'll need the minutes to get there... hopefully he does. We'll see. He's gonna have to work hard.

4Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL Empty Re: Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:27 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

he's a work in progress it seems, but if he is willing to put in the hard work, do what the coach tells him, the opportunities will come his way.

5Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL Empty Re: Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:he's a work in progress it seems, but if he is willing to put in the hard work, do what the coach tells him, the opportunities will come his way.

He's got this season and the next, right? He'd better do everything right or he's going to find that even the KHL doesn't want him.

And you can make an impression even playing on the third line with Kelly and Neil. The coach doesn't check the stats page to measure the performance of his players. He knows how many minutes they are given, in which situations and with which line mates. If Cheechoo sets up Kelly with a perfect pass but Kelly misses his shot, Clouston can still chalk it up as a good play by Cheechoo. Of course if he tries that 10 times in a row without learning that, perhaps, it's better to keep the puck and shoot yourself, well, maybe that's not such a good thing.

6Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL Empty Re: Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:48 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=501399&navid=DL|OTT|home

okay I'm sold!! Cheech pots 30+ this year!!!
( Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL 455378 I actually voted under 20 and I'm sticking with the number 17)

7Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL Empty Re: Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:58 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:he's a work in progress it seems, but if he is willing to put in the hard work, do what the coach tells him, the opportunities will come his way.

He's got this season and the next, right? He'd better do everything right or he's going to find that even the KHL doesn't want him.

And you can make an impression even playing on the third line with Kelly and Neil. The coach doesn't check the stats page to measure the performance of his players. He knows how many minutes they are given, in which situations and with which line mates. If Cheechoo sets up Kelly with a perfect pass but Kelly misses his shot, Clouston can still chalk it up as a good play by Cheechoo. Of course if he tries that 10 times in a row without learning that, perhaps, it's better to keep the puck and shoot yourself, well, maybe that's not such a good thing.

well I would definitely say he has the best shot of the people on the 3rd line, and it is never a bad play to shoot the puck to the net, rebounds/deflections happen, so again, it's never a bad play to throw the puck to the net.

8Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL Empty Re: Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:49 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
Hoags wrote:That's an awesome article. I really he hope does well here.

Yeah, it's all nice and dandy to hear him say he wants to get back to his old scoring ways... but it's gonna take some time and he'll need the minutes to get there... hopefully he does. We'll see. He's gonna have to work hard.

That will be the only way for him, because he ain't getting the minutes. He played a hell of a game last night, though.

9Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL Empty Re: Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:24 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

From Last game:

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20092010/TH020037.HTM

41 CHEECHOO, JONATHAN 13:40

For comparison:

43 REGIN, PETER 12:17
25 NEIL, CHRIS 11:50
71 FOLIGNO, NICK 12:33
22 KELLY, CHRIS 14:10

10Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL Empty Re: Nice article on Cheechoo from NHL Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:28 pm

I think he will get a shot if the top lines continue to have trouble scoring...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum