GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Erik Karlsson Watch

+14
LeCaptain
Tuk Tuk
TeamRenzo
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
jamvan
M_Christopher
shabbs
spader
PTFlea
mattshock
PKC
Vandelay
davetherave
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

106The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: The Erik Karlsson Watch Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:22 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

cas wrote:
asq2 wrote:
Definitely to be a top-5 pairing. Assuming all prospects reach their respective potentials, I don't know that they'll beat out E. Johnson - Pietrangelo, though.

Still, looks like good times ahead on the Sens' blue-line. Now we just need to follow TSN's advice and finish 6th last to pick up that corner-stone forward for the future. The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 455378

Or we trade Heatley after a 60 goal, 110 point season for the #1 overall and select T.Hall The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 88481

@Cas> fantasy hockey, right?

107The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: The Erik Karlsson Watch Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:23 pm

Well, at least that QB Dman who moves the puck and thats it. He doesnt have the shot to be a legit threat from the point, thus guys will just focus on taking away those passing lanes.

Having the ability to move the puck is obviously an important asset but you have to be able to do more then that or you just turn into Redden. Not a shot at Redden there, it's just the truth.

108The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: The Erik Karlsson Watch Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:26 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Well, at least that QB Dman who moves the puck and thats it. He doesnt have the shot to be a legit threat from the point, thus guys will just focus on taking away those passing lanes.

Having the ability to move the puck is obviously an important asset but you have to be able to do more then that or you just turn into Redden. Not a shot at Redden there, it's just the truth.

You can take all the shots at Redden you want...he's makin' them mucho dineros in Nueva York.
The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 668437

109The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: The Erik Karlsson Watch Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:27 pm

He's brutal, no clue what happend to him. That guy was 100% in it for the money, pretty obvious now. He is just a brutal D man. He has completely lost his edge. Could have been the drugs.

110The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: The Erik Karlsson Watch Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:29 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:He's brutal, no clue what happend to him. That guy was 100% in it for the money, pretty obvious now. He is just a brutal D man. He has completely lost his edge. Could have been the drugs.

He'll get his last shot with Johnny Torts...

111The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: The Erik Karlsson Watch Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:57 pm

davetherave wrote:
cas wrote:
asq2 wrote:
Definitely to be a top-5 pairing. Assuming all prospects reach their respective potentials, I don't know that they'll beat out E. Johnson - Pietrangelo, though.

Still, looks like good times ahead on the Sens' blue-line. Now we just need to follow TSN's advice and finish 6th last to pick up that corner-stone forward for the future. The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 455378

Or we trade Heatley after a 60 goal, 110 point season for the #1 overall and select T.Hall The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 88481

@Cas> fantasy hockey, right?

Reality, Dave! Reality!!!! The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 639591

112The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: The Erik Karlsson Watch Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:59 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

@Cas> 'Reality TV' is very popular nowadays...
The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 Icon_wink

113The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: The Erik Karlsson Watch Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:06 pm

I know!! I love how Laguna Beach and the Hills are filmed llive and unscripted!!! So super-amazing!!

114The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: The Erik Karlsson Watch Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:52 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, I finally watched that rookies game. Loved Karlsson's goal, was that Regin setting him up (sorry, I was prepping supper while my kid watched it, so I only caught bits).

Do we have anyone on the back-end right now who can take a fairly fast pass and one-time it on goal? I certainly can't think of anyone. With that on the back-end and Kovalev on the half-boards, I think we're going to have a very, very good PP.

I can't wait.

115The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: The Erik Karlsson Watch Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:55 pm

wprager wrote:OK, I finally watched that rookies game. Loved Karlsson's goal, was that Regin setting him up (sorry, I was prepping supper while my kid watched it, so I only caught bits).

Do we have anyone on the back-end right now who can take a fairly fast pass and one-time it on goal? I certainly can't think of anyone. With that on the back-end and Kovalev on the half-boards, I think we're going to have a very, very good PP.

I can't wait.

Campoli and Kuba both have pretty good shots from the back end.

116The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: The Erik Karlsson Watch Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:09 pm

Kuba never (!!!) uses it...

Still not sold on Campoli.

117The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: The Erik Karlsson Watch Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:13 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Karlsson even at 19 is a pretty solid upgrade over either of them in that regard IMO. Same probably goes for his passing. It's the non-offensive part of the game that's making it even a question as to whether he should be on the roster.

Picard doesn't seem to be mentioned very often in these questions, but he's got a nice shot as well and was an important part of our PP when it was clicking IIRC.

118The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: The Erik Karlsson Watch Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:16 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Picard's shot is good, and he actually hits the target The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 812636

119The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: The Erik Karlsson Watch Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:18 pm

cas wrote:Kuba never (!!!) uses it...

I know, I wish he did too, but man he can dish the puck as well... perfect partner for Karlsson IMO. You will see those two together by november IMO.

120The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: The Erik Karlsson Watch Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:20 pm

asq2 wrote:Karlsson even at 19 is a pretty solid upgrade over either of them in that regard IMO. Same probably goes for his passing. It's the non-offensive part of the game that's making it even a question as to whether he should be on the roster.

Picard doesn't seem to be mentioned very often in these questions, but he's got a nice shot as well and was an important part of our PP when it was clicking IIRC.

I dunno, Kuba is a pretty good distibuter of the puck. Not sure if I agree with that.

121The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: The Erik Karlsson Watch Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:24 pm

N4L wrote:

I know, I wish he did too, but man he can dish the puck as well... perfect partner for Karlsson IMO. You will see those two together by november IMO.

So the question becomes: Who plays on the 1st PP with them? The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 89286

Kovalev is a given, but who takes the other two spots?

122The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: The Erik Karlsson Watch Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:27 pm

cas wrote:
N4L wrote:

So the question becomes: Who plays on the 1st PP with them? The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 89286

Kovalev is a given, but who takes the other two spots?

Spezza and Alfi.

123The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: The Erik Karlsson Watch Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:30 pm

No Heatley? What about Foligno instead of Alfie, just so Heatley doesn't feel left out The Erik Karlsson Watch - Page 8 455378

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum