GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Robert Lang a Canadien

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Robert Lang a Canadien Empty Robert Lang a Canadien Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Chicago has traded Robert Lang to the Canadiens for a 2nd rounder.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=249263&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

Last edited by 504Heater on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Robert Lang a Canadien Empty Re: Robert Lang a Canadien Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:18 pm

Tanguay - Lang - Kovalev
Not bad, but not us 8)

3Robert Lang a Canadien Empty Re: Robert Lang a Canadien Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:Tanguay - Lang - Kovalev
Not bad, but not us 8)

They're talking about him being like a 3rd line center. Certainly not a 1st liner I don't think.

4Robert Lang a Canadien Empty Re: Robert Lang a Canadien Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:19 pm

I know he's lost a lot in the last few years, but 3rd line confused I guess he never really was a 1st liner...oh well.

5Robert Lang a Canadien Empty Re: Robert Lang a Canadien Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:I know he's lost a lot in the last few years, but 3rd line confused I guess he never really was a 1st liner...oh well.

LOL. I dunno what they're gonna do. Koivu's average now, who's their first line center again?

6Robert Lang a Canadien Empty Re: Robert Lang a Canadien Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:
cash wrote:I know he's lost a lot in the last few years, but 3rd line confused I guess he never really was a 1st liner...oh well.

LOL. I dunno what they're gonna do. Koivu's average now, who's their first line center again?

Plekanec.

By the way, it's Canadien. I read the heading and thought he'd gotten his Canadian Citizenship or something. No, I'm not kidding.

7Robert Lang a Canadien Empty Re: Robert Lang a Canadien Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Plekanec.

By the way, it's Canadien. I read the heading and thought he'd gotten his Canadian Citizenship or something. No, I'm not kidding.

Oh yeah...fixed.

8Robert Lang a Canadien Empty LANG to MTL... Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:51 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Per TSN...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=249263&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_main

wow...no more Sundin to MTL rumours...that's good!!

9Robert Lang a Canadien Empty Re: Robert Lang a Canadien Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:19 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Hey Collar Up,

Welcome to the forums at GM Central Hockey, first off. We appreciate members breaking stories and posting transactions such as this one, but it would be great if you could familiarize yourself with the forums a bit first so you can figure out where stuff goes.

All trades, transactions, and signings go in the Breaking News!!! section. This story, particularly, was posted yesterday in the This Just In! section.

https://gmcentralhockey.forumotion.net/this-just-in-f7/robert-lang-a-canadien-t326.htm

Look forward to hearing your opinion around the forums. If you have any questions, don't be shy to ask either the founders or one of the more senior members.

Cheers,
PKC

10Robert Lang a Canadien Empty Re: Robert Lang a Canadien Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:30 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Where exactly is he supposed to fit? I don't understand this move at all.

Plekanec is almost certainly on the first line. So then where do Koivu and Lang go? Do you push your team's captain down to the third line? Or do you pay Lang 4 million dollars to play on the third line?

I guess in Gainey Montreal trusts.

For some reason, I still prefer our forward crew to Montreal's. Theirs feels really patchwork; whereas ours seems to be the main core guys surrounded by the type of role players management feels they need around them.

11Robert Lang a Canadien Empty Re: Robert Lang a Canadien Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:45 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Hey Collar Up,

Welcome to the forums at GM Central Hockey, first off. We appreciate members breaking stories and posting transactions such as this one, but it would be great if you could familiarize yourself with the forums a bit first so you can figure out where stuff goes.

All trades, transactions, and signings go in the Breaking News!!! section. This story, particularly, was posted yesterday in the This Just In! section.

https://gmcentralhockey.forumotion.net/this-just-in-f7/robert-lang-a-canadien-t326.htm

Look forward to hearing your opinion around the forums. If you have any questions, don't be shy to ask either the founders or one of the more senior members.

Cheers,
PKC

Thanks PKC. As you can see I merged the topic :D

- Unknown Author

12Robert Lang a Canadien Empty Re: Robert Lang a Canadien Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:50 pm

504Heater wrote:Chicago has traded Robert Lang to the Canadiens for a 2nd rounder.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=249263&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

not a bad pick up... I bet him and Tanguay are flops in MTL though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum