GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lang done for 4-6 months (possibly career threatening)

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Per RDS, lacerated left achilles tendon. 4 months is optimistic, 6 months is probably.

In other words, he's out for the year - unless Montreal shocks pretty much everyone and advances deep into the playoffs (not happening :D )

EDIT: It's career threatening.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Montreal has to make a trade for a forward now, he was one of there best players. Im not glad he's hurt but glad Montreal is losing some key players!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

caissie_1 wrote:Montreal has to make a trade for a forward now, he was one of there best players. Im not glad he's hurt but glad Montreal is losing some key players!!!

Nylander perhaps?

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Probably not since he's signe for more then this year and high priced. With all there UFA's im guessing they will want a rental!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I understand what you mean, but they're in a position to take on contract for next year the way things are going. Nylander seems like a seamless fit as a replacement for Lang - who they would obviously end up letting walk now.

Truth is, I don't care about Montreal at all. I hope they blow some good $$ on Nylander or Havlat or Gaborik. It'll keep pushing them back and back until they're on the outside looking in.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

With Kovalev, Komisarek and Tanguay probably all seeking raises that's why i find it hard to believe they will take on a big contract. And im with you Montreal can ruin there team for all i care. I hate them!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's interesting to see what'll happen.

Looking through their roster:

Tanguay 5.25 - UFA : They'll want to keep him, they'll probably get him to agree to a 5 million per year/3 year contract. So they save 250K

Koivu 4.7 - UFA: Time to move on. Let him walk, save 4.7, huge hole in 2nd line center.

Lang 4.0 - UFA - Let him walk, or if he heals properly, try to get a 4 X 3 year package

Higgins 1.7 - RFA - Worth a slight increase to 2-2.5. They'll finally unload him on someone I would imagine

Plekanic 1.6 - RFA - Great year for Plekanic to suck. They might get away with a two year, 2.5 per year contract - which is good for him.

Kovalev - 4.5 - UFA - He'll command 5.5-6 on the open market. They have to be thinking of letting him walk.

Komisarek - 1.7 - UFA - Fair to say he'll double his salary. Probably get a 4.5 X 4 out of him. Could go as high as 5, but I doubt it.

Price has only one year left before he's an RFA and he's played well enough and comes with such pedigree that I can see a 6 X 6...or more...coming. I love that, it makes me happy. Smile

Yikes...good luck with that Montreal!

squirrel

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Sorry to hear/read that about Lang. He was having one of his best years, and is apparently a very cool, easy going guy. That could mean the end of his career. You never want that kind of injury to happen to a player, no matter what team.

Remember how Selanne got cut his quadricep cut open by his own skate earlier this year, and how Richard Zednik's carotid artery was slashed by Olli Jokinen's skate last season?

Frightening stuff.

Wishing Robert well.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Truly too bad for Lang. Here's hoping it's not a premature end to his career.

As for Montreal, I am looking forward to seeing Gainey's migraines as he tries to deal with UFA and Cap hell! LMAO!!!'
OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE!!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

MTL will not trade for a forward, they barely know what to do with Latendresse, Higgins, D'agostini, Pacioretty, S Kostitsyn, Lapierre... THey are probably the deepest team in the nhl on forwards. They could resign Kovalev and Koivu and be just as good next year.

Their defensive prospects are also very good, Subban, Weber, Fischer, Carle, OByrne, McDonagh...

If they make a push for a N1 Defenseman, they have more than enough assets to give back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum