GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATE: Luongo signs 12 year/5.25 per year contract

+9
BigRig
SensFan71
davetherave
Amnesia021
beedub
SeawaySensFan
PKC
shabbs
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

RDS has to have the dumbest, sad-sack group of quasi-journalists working for them in the history of modern media...

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:Time to erase the first 2 pages of this thread.

Why? (note, I haven't read the first two pages)

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:RDS has to have the dumbest, sad-sack group of quasi-journalists working for them in the history of modern media...

I thought that was the sport beat writers over at the Sun, a la Brennan and Garrioch. Laughing3 BagoverHead

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I commented when I thought the cap hit was 7. something that I thought it was a good deal in the annual cap hit, but too long (but long contracts are becoming the norm).

Now that the cap hit has changed, I find this deal to be amazing. Great goalie, great number.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

RDS reported 12 years 7+ Million.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

marakh wrote:
wprager wrote:

RDS reported 12 years 7+ Million.
But the math on their breakdown was accurate...

Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beedub wrote:I commented when I thought the cap hit was 7. something that I thought it was a good deal in the annual cap hit, but too long (but long contracts are becoming the norm).

Now that the cap hit has changed, I find this deal to be amazing. Great goalie, great number.

2 million dollar a year changes a lot. I now find it a very attractive deal. :drooling:

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The title of this thread is still wrong... it's 12-years, $64M and averages out to $5,333,333/year.

capgeek.com has it now.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I also see that Vancouver is almost 2 mil over the cap, am expecting some of their d-men start getting moved for next to nothing, thinking Salo is the most likely candidate.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of CapGeek, what the hell have they done to the Sens page? They've got a bunch of the D-men and forwards in the lower "Free Agent" section (for example, only Kuba, Phillips, Karlsson and Schira are "above the line" on D). When I try to add the missing players in manually, then generate the roster the added players are listed twice, bloating the cap hit.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

5.3? That's a pretty sweet deal,congrats Canucks and Luongo

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Speaking of CapGeek, what the hell have they done to the Sens page? They've got a bunch of the D-men and forwards in the lower "Free Agent" section (for example, only Kuba, Phillips, Karlsson and Schira are "above the line" on D). When I try to add the missing players in manually, then generate the roster the added players are listed twice, bloating the cap hit.

sounds like you are using the salary cap calculator option, if you want to view roster as is, use the salary cap chart option below the option you used.

can i sign him to that in SIM?? Smile

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Monkhouse wrote:can i sign him to that in SIM?? Smile

only if I can be his agent and collect my percentage Laughing3 Ole!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:Speaking of CapGeek, what the hell have they done to the Sens page? They've got a bunch of the D-men and forwards in the lower "Free Agent" section (for example, only Kuba, Phillips, Karlsson and Schira are "above the line" on D). When I try to add the missing players in manually, then generate the roster the added players are listed twice, bloating the cap hit.

sounds like you are using the salary cap calculator option, if you want to view roster as is, use the salary cap chart option below the option you used.

Thanks, SF71, but the links I bookmarked (for the salary calculator) *used to* give me a list with all of the signed players above the line (with a number of them checked-off and some no). So something has changed.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

you are most likely right, I don't believe they published any changes they made, so they must have done it and not told anyone, grr to them. 🇬🇬

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, it's all fixed up now.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I love how they're calling the last three years of Luongo's contract the "Canadian Pension Plan" stage of the contract, suggesting Luongo will retire after year 9 and collect those last three years while at home, sitting on the porch, wearing white pants and suspenders and complaining about the government and whatever the kids' are listening to at the time...

Laughing3

Retirement sounds good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum