GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt

+5
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
PTFlea
rooneypoo
Hockeyhero22000
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Empty Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:53 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

as per http://www.theahl.com/headlines/index.html?article_id=10391

The Binghamton Senators announced today they have signed goaltender Chris Holt

Holt, 24, spent last season in the St. Louis Blues organization where
he split time between the AHL’s Peoria Rivermen and ECHL’s Alaska Aces.
In 20 games (18 starts) with the Rivermen, Holt posted a 10-6-2 record
with a 1.73 goals-against average and .931 save percentage. In 5 games
with the Aces he posted a 3-2-0 record with 1.80 goals-against average
and .946 save percentage.

Holt also saw action in one game with the Blues on February 18, 2009 against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

The Vancouver, B.C., native, was the New York Rangers’ sixth round pick
(180th overall) of the 2003 National Hockey League Entry Draft.

Holt spent two seasons with the University of Nebraska-Omaha (2003-05), before turning professional in 2005-06.
to a one-year American Hockey League contract.

I am a little confused about why they are signing the 3rd goalie but..... Shrug

Last edited by Hockeyhero22000 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Empty Re: Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:11 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:as per http://www.theahl.com/headlines/index.html?article_id=10391

The Binghamton Senators announced today they have signed goaltender Chris Holt

Holt, 24, spent last season in the St. Louis Blues organization where
he split time between the AHL’s Peoria Rivermen and ECHL’s Alaska Aces.
In 20 games (18 starts) with the Rivermen, Holt posted a 10-6-2 record
with a 1.73 goals-against average and .931 save percentage. In 5 games
with the Aces he posted a 3-2-0 record with 1.80 goals-against average
and .946 save percentage.

Holt also saw action in one game with the Blues on February 18, 2009 against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

The Vancouver, B.C., native, was the New York Rangers’ sixth round pick

I am a little confused about why they are signing the 3rd goalie but..... Shrug
(180th overall) of the 2003 National Hockey League Entry Draft.

Holt spent two seasons with the University of Nebraska-Omaha (2003-05), before turning professional in 2005-06.
to a one-year American Hockey League contract.

Great find, HH!

You have to wonder indeed what this means for Brodeur and Chido. Can any of them play in the juniors, I wonder?

3Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Empty Re: Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle me upside down, look at this guy's numbers. Bingo is looking good for a playoff spot.

Now...as you asked...we need Chiodo because?....

4Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Empty Re: Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:26 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

the only reason i could see was for depth and preparing incase of a Lecalire injury...this way Bingo would not be screwed if we pulled up brodeur they would still ahve a solid #1 Shrug

5Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Empty Re: Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:27 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Diddle me upside down, look at this guy's numbers. Bingo is looking good for a playoff spot.

MEGADEPTH!!! Ahhhhh!

6Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Empty Re: Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

:^^^^: Megadepth. I like that.

7Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Empty Re: Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:33 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Diddle me upside down, look at this guy's numbers. Bingo is looking good for a playoff spot.

MEGADEPTH!!! Ahhhhh!

Don't remember where I was... I realized
Life was a game
The more seriously I took things
The harder the rules became... Rockon

8Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Empty Re: Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:34 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

MEGADEPTH!!! Ahhhhh!

Don't remember where I was... I realized
Life Hockey was a game
The more seriously I took things
The harder the rules goals became... Rockon

Fixed

9Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Empty Re: Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:39 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote::^^^^: Megadepth. I like that.

obvious reference to the metalband megadeath... for those unaware.but it works.
Brian MEGADEPTH Murray!!!! Tantrum

10Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Empty Re: Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's big. 6'3" and 237 lbs, but his prospect grade is pretty low at 5.5C:
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/chris_holt

However those AHL stats are pretty nice, no?
... 10-6-2 record with a 1.73 goals-against average and .931 save percentage

Elliott's stat last year were 2.31 and .926.

11Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Empty Re: Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:He's big. 6'3" and 237 lbs, but his prospect grade is pretty low at 5.5C:
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/chris_holt

However those AHL stats are pretty nice, no?
... 10-6-2 record with a 1.73 goals-against average and .931 save percentage

Elliott's stat last year were 2.31 and .926.

But Elliott played 3 times the games, right?

12Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Empty Re: Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:09 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Peoria is a good team, a bit better than Bingo in terms of Defense. BUt still good numbers.

13Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Empty Re: Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:Peoria is a good team, a bit better than Bingo in terms of Defense. BUt still good numbers.

I still compare goalies mostly by save percentage. Sure, good defense will force the other teams into lower percentage shots, but I just don't know if there's any such defense (team defense) out in the AHL. Mostly they reduce the goals by reducing the shots.

14Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Empty Re: Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:26 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
marakh wrote:Peoria is a good team, a bit better than Bingo in terms of Defense. BUt still good numbers.

I still compare goalies mostly by save percentage. Sure, good defense will force the other teams into lower percentage shots, but I just don't know if there's any such defense (team defense) out in the AHL. Mostly they reduce the goals by reducing the shots.

Well, they scored approximatively 20 less goals than Bingo, and allowed approximatively 20 goals less, so I would say that explains (just in part) the low GAA. As for the Save percentage, could be (or not) the number of games played.

15Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Empty Re: Bingo signs Goaltender Chris Holt Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Only 10 fewer games than Elliott played...huh...not that those numbers would stand up over 70 games, but it's a start. And he's a ripe age for a goalie, starting to 'get it'.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum