GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

where is murray

+5
SensGirl11
The Silfer Server
wprager
Tuk Tuk
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1where is murray Empty where is murray Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:06 am

Sophomore
Sophomore

Why has murray not said anything about Heatley for what, three weeks. Why not come out and say there has been no real offers made, no team was prepared to deal, so Danny will be expected to be at training camp shortly. Put some pressure on Heatly to say something. Team Canada has said they would like Heatley to clear the air before camp begins next week, even saying they plan on talking to heatleys agents to try to get him to make sure it's not a distraction. Is anything going to make the wimp speak???

2where is murray Empty Re: where is murray Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:13 am

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Because not every GM needs to post on twitter every time he takes a crap.

some are actually professionals and keep their cards close to their chest.

3where is murray Empty Re: where is murray Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:54 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Murray is one of the best at keeping things quite. I'm semi-convinced that all those rumors last week were aimed at locating and plugging leaks. He's probably quite ticked off that the trade request was leaked (we still don't know for sure it was Heatley's side -- both sides were hurt by that leak); and then there was the leak of the Edmonton players which must have upset the Oilers management team.

4where is murray Empty Re: where is murray Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:50 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I just don't see if there is anything to gain from Murray coming out and speaking. He's already said that Heatley is a Senator until he's not, and will be expected to report to camp. No good can come from him coming out and speaking. He doesn't want to insult other GMs, nor spread falsehoods. He's already used the tactic saying there have been no real offers. And although from a fan's perspective, it would be great to know what is going on, from every other perspective, the team doesn't gain from it.

5where is murray Empty Re: where is murray Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:29 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

To be quite honest, if nothing happens by the beginning of orientation camp for Team Canada, you can bank on Heatley backing out of it. He hasn't talked to the media yet, if he goes there and nothing has been resolved, it WILL be a distraction, all the media will be there and that will be their focus.

6where is murray Empty Re: where is murray Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:37 am

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

Tuk Tuk wrote:Because not every GM needs to post on twitter every time he takes a crap.

some are actually professionals and keep their cards close to their chest.

Exactly. Excellent analogy.

7where is murray Empty Re: where is murray Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:16 am

SensGirl11 wrote:To be quite honest, if nothing happens by the beginning of orientation camp for Team Canada, you can bank on Heatley backing out of it. He hasn't talked to the media yet, if he goes there and nothing has been resolved, it WILL be a distraction, all the media will be there and that will be their focus.

He's not backing out...He'll sit infront of the media and say once, I will not comment at all on my status in the NHL. I will address any and all questions about the Olympic team but I will not address the situation with the Senators.

8where is murray Empty Re: where is murray Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:43 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

111519 wrote:Why has murray not said anything about Heatley for what, three weeks. Why not come out and say there has been no real offers made, no team was prepared to deal, so Danny will be expected to be at training camp shortly. Put some pressure on Heatly to say something. Team Canada has said they would like Heatley to clear the air before camp begins next week, even saying they plan on talking to heatleys agents to try to get him to make sure it's not a distraction. Is anything going to make the wimp speak???
Murray doesn't need to speak publicly to put pressure on Heatley. He does that by working with his Agents and sending messages out to other GMs privately. Murray is very good at keeping things internal and out of the public rumour mill, and for good reason.

As someone else pointed out, I would not be surprised if that flurry of trade rumours last week was Murray's team trying to weed out the leaks and close 'em up in preparation for a real deal.

Who knows, but Murray will speak when he needs to, not a moment sooner.

9where is murray Empty Re: where is murray Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:08 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Murray did speak. He said that there was a deadline in place, and if Heatley wasn't traded by that deadline, then he'd be expected to show up for camp.

What else should he say? Reiterate that? No need, we all read him loud and clear - and more importantly, Heatley and his little band of fools (agents) got the message loud and clear as well.

10where is murray Empty Re: where is murray Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:19 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Murray did speak. He said that there was a deadline in place, and if Heatley wasn't traded by that deadline, then he'd be expected to show up for camp.

What else should he say? Reiterate that? No need, we all read him loud and clear - and more importantly, Heatley and his little band of fools (agents) got the message loud and clear as well.
Has there been any actual quote attributed to him about this deadline? I don't recall ever seeing that... but I do recall him saying that if he's not traded he'll be expected to show up at Training Camp ready to play.

11where is murray Empty Re: where is murray Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:24 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Has there been any actual quote attributed to him about this deadline? I don't recall ever seeing that... but I do recall him saying that if he's not traded he'll be expected to show up at Training Camp ready to play.

I thought there was...hmm...I remember him saying the same thing as you posted there, but I thought he had put a date to it.

Perhaps, after all this, I'm starting to get confused.

12where is murray Empty Re: where is murray Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:26 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I don't think he's ever publicly stated a certain deadline... he's stuck to the line that they have a contract with Heatley, they've fulfilled their end and expect him to fulfill his end barring any trade that can be done.

13where is murray Empty Re: where is murray Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:37 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I applaud Murray for keeping everything quiet about this, even though it drives me batty knowing if anything is going on our not, the little snippets of possible rumours from say Chirp or Ek don't satisfy me, would love to know the real truth, however, we will never know that until the resolution is done, meaning Heatley is playing with the Sens this year or he is gone to some team that actually puts a good offer on the table.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum