GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time to make a move

+4
jamvan
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Time to make a move Empty Time to make a move Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The time has come to start pondering a couple of moves that will increase our chances of competing for a Cup before the 2010/2011 season - which, honestly, I think is the year it happens.

In order for this to happen, I think there's 2 firm things we need.

1.A puck mover: someone who can dig the pucks free from our zone and hit our forwards with crisp passes through the neutral zone.

2.An upgrade in net might have to occur at some point if we're looking strong. Come the deadline, we'll need to re-assess this situation.

3.A second line guy like Murray etc. Although, I could be talked out of this if we can acquire a puck mover...

So...

Neil and Nycholat

for

Philippe Boucher

I think Boucher is a likely candidate to be moved out of Dallas - and the prospect of having Avery and Neil together is almost too much to imagine. I hate to lose Neil right now because of the 'dream line' of Ruutu - Bass - Neil, but I think Boucher can add not only a veteran leader to us, but he can also put the biscuit in the basket.

Last year he was decimated by injuries, but the year before he had 51 points in 76 games, including a sexy 19 goals. He's a big, big boy at 6'3", 220+ and can also double as a very good shutdown man for when injuries occur.

There's my proposal, as I think the Jay Bouwmeester sweeps are getting a little ludicrous - and from my POV - they had their chance to get Vermette and Mez for him - something that can still be explored at a later date.

2Time to make a move Empty Re: Time to make a move Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:30 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:The time has come to start pondering a couple of moves that will increase our chances of competing for a Cup before the 2010/2011 season - which, honestly, I think is the year it happens.

In order for this to happen, I think there's 2 firm things we need.

1.A puck mover: someone who can dig the pucks free from our zone and hit our forwards with crisp passes through the neutral zone.

2.An upgrade in net might have to occur at some point if we're looking strong. Come the deadline, we'll need to re-assess this situation.

3.A second line guy like Murray etc. Although, I could be talked out of this if we can acquire a puck mover...

So...

Neil and Nycholat

for

Philippe Boucher

I think Boucher is a likely candidate to be moved out of Dallas - and the prospect of having Avery and Neil together is almost too much to imagine. I hate to lose Neil right now because of the 'dream line' of Ruutu - Bass - Neil, but I think Boucher can add not only a veteran leader to us, but he can also put the biscuit in the basket.

Last year he was decimated by injuries, but the year before he had 51 points in 76 games, including a sexy 19 goals. He's a big, big boy at 6'3", 220+ and can also double as a very good shutdown man for when injuries occur.

There's my proposal, as I think the Jay Bouwmeester sweeps are getting a little ludicrous - and from my POV - they had their chance to get Vermette and Mez for him - something that can still be explored at a later date.

I like that move. I seriously have to get some more functionality to this site so we can start playing out scenarios.

3Time to make a move Empty Re: Time to make a move Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:08 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Damn! Those are brilliant suggestions and once again Heater, your insight never ceases to amaze me.

I think if Murray can snag, IMHO, one of Schneider or Boucher, that would be another step in the right direction.

However, I don't see Neil being traded. At least, not just yet.

4Time to make a move Empty Re: Time to make a move Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:Damn! Those are brilliant suggestions and once again Heater, your insight never ceases to amaze me.

I think if Murray can snag, IMHO, one of Schneider or Boucher, that would be another step in the right direction.

I think if it's Schneider it will probably be prospect and or Pick which wouldn't help us fit him under our Cap but I have faith Murray could manage Wink

5Time to make a move Empty Re: Time to make a move Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:14 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:Damn! Those are brilliant suggestions and once again Heater, your insight never ceases to amaze me.

I think if it's Schneider it will probably be prospect and or Pick which wouldn't help us fit him under our Cap but I have faith Murray could manage Wink

So do I!!

Is it just me, or do any of you get the feeling Murray's planning something out of left field... Something like that 'Ace he has up his sleeve' that he will be playing shortly... :idea:

6Time to make a move Empty Re: Time to make a move Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:21 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I do get the feeling Murray has a few things he could pull the trigger on but may be waiting to see how the Meszaros thing plays out first. BTW you need to update your profile because I added Favorite team as mandatory and your team is Anaheim right now.

Edit: Check out my Topic on Schneider and vote on the poll.

7Time to make a move Empty Re: Time to make a move Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:38 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Don't be surprised if he makes a play for Kyle Maclaren as well. The Sharks have to dump someone and Kyle's salary fits right into that area. He'd be a perfect fit salary wise with Ottawa and wouldn't be expected to be a top 4 guy. His size would help greatly. The pairings, if this were to happen would be:

Phillips-Volchenkov
Meszaros-MacLaren
Smith-Lee

8Time to make a move Empty Re: Time to make a move Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:43 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:Don't be surprised if he makes a play for Kyle Maclaren as well. The Sharks have to dump someone and Kyle's salary fits right into that area. He'd be a perfect fit salary wise with Ottawa and wouldn't be expected to be a top 4 guy. His size would help greatly. The pairings, if this were to happen would be:

Phillips-Volchenkov
Meszaros-MacLaren
Smith-Lee

1 - you said he wasn't expected to be a top 4 but you have him as a top four here?

2 - Isn't MacLaren more of a Defensive D? Don't we have enough of those? I'd prefer another puck mover.

9Time to make a move Empty Re: Time to make a move Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:08 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

That's because Smith can be pencilled in above him, those are just the pairings I'd like to see.

10Time to make a move Empty Re: Time to make a move Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:10 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:That's because Smith can be pencilled in above him, those are just the pairings I'd like to see.

Is Mclaren what we need? Is Lee and Mesz good enough for puck movers?

11Time to make a move Empty Re: Time to make a move Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:11 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
jamvan wrote:That's because Smith can be pencilled in above him, those are just the pairings I'd like to see.

It's more of what is available IMO. MacLaren also has some offensive upside in him.

12Time to make a move Empty Re: Time to make a move Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:59 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

It's more of what is available IMO. MacLaren also has some offensive upside in him.

Valid point. The market is pretty thin as it is, and really I agree, McLaren fits perfectly within Ottawa's cap and he brings enough offensive upside to make it interesting.

13Time to make a move Empty Re: Time to make a move Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:04 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:
jamvan wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

Valid point. The market is pretty thin as it is, and really I agree, McLaren fits perfectly within Ottawa's cap and he brings enough offensive upside to make it interesting.

I've heard some bad things about McLaren's health though and from the SJ fans they can't wait to get rid of him. I worry it could be another Commodore but with injury issues.

14Time to make a move Empty Re: Time to make a move Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:09 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

oh, that's not good... If McLaren is a liability, then I saw try to snag Boucher or Schneider instead.

15Time to make a move Empty Re: Time to make a move Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:18 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:oh, that's not good... If McLaren is a liability, then I saw try to snag Boucher or Schneider instead.

That's what I was tryin' to say with my Schneider post. Did you vote on that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum