GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Some notes from a recent scrimmage

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Some notes from a recent scrimmage Empty Some notes from a recent scrimmage Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:36 pm

KaBoominator

KaBoominator
Prospect
Prospect

these are personal opinions from another fan...some good notes.
Chara looked great. Best player on the ice in all 3 zones.

Lucic put 4 goals past Thomas. Tip, top shelf (glove & blocker), a breakaway. He even ran Timmah (he let up) when he was trying to chase down a high lob/breakaway pass that TT came out to play. TT & Looch gave each other some (I assume well natured) looks after that collision.

Thomas looked good in his new threads. But he got lit up all day (it's shinny, that's what happens). He was also going back & forth between two different gloves so he's clearly still trying to break in his new stuff. Regan was in all black (apparently he didn't get the memo about white equipment) and was sharp today, most notably robbing Kessel on two consecutive breakaways. (No MF or TR in the scrim today.)

Kessel looked the same- electric from the red line in.

Marchand was very noticable today as well. Similar speed and shiftiness to Kessel. He was all over the neutral and offensive zones.

Lashoff looked bigger than last year, but just as smooth as ever. Jumping into the play, sharp passes, subtle fakes. Typical slick, heady game from him today.

Krejci also looked pretty slick today. He had a nice feed to Kessel in the slot that Phil buried (5hole on TT).

Ward was playing the role of class clown. There was one play where Krejci was coming down the slot 1on1 with Ward, but then Ward starting waving his stick blade in front of Krejci's eyes/mask and it caught DK by surprise and he lost the puck. Ward was pulling **** like that all practice. He had another play where he hooked Reich pretty good, but Reich scored anyway.

Hamill was noticable. He had the puck a lot and made some nice moves and passes.

Alberts was very good today. He moves so well for such a big guy that it always catches my attention when he's skating hard.

Stuart must have had his Paul Coffey underoos on today because he was on the offensive all game. He looked bigger and noticably faster. (Then again, it might just be that I'm not used to seeing Stuart lead the rush.)

Oh, and Bodnarchuk caught my eye more than once. He reminds me a lot of Jonathan Girard. Small, but a GREAT skater, very quick, slick moves. Always pushing th pace and putting on pressure offensively. Was one of the few guys who was notably upset when his team was scored on.

2Some notes from a recent scrimmage Empty Re: Some notes from a recent scrimmage Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:55 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Interesting read. Thanks for the info WBC

3Some notes from a recent scrimmage Empty Re: Some notes from a recent scrimmage Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Very interesting to hear what's happening around the NHL from other fans! Keep it coming...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum