GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Emery up-front on OTR

+3
Hoags
shabbs
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Emery up-front on OTR - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery up-front on OTR Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:29 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

Let's take a step back - Emery defending Heatley?

Not sure that this is the kind of help I'd want.

17Emery up-front on OTR - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery up-front on OTR Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:12 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:I think the "He's a competitor" comment means that he can get all hot under the collar. All "competitors" are like that; the successful ones are the one who can focus all that negative energy into some positive outcomes.

"He's a competitor" can be PC for "He's a hot-head".
Meh... I see it as "He's someone who hates to lose..."

18Emery up-front on OTR - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery up-front on OTR Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:37 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:I think the "He's a competitor" comment means that he can get all hot under the collar. All "competitors" are like that; the successful ones are the one who can focus all that negative energy into some positive outcomes.

"He's a competitor" can be PC for "He's a hot-head".
Meh... I see it as "He's someone who hates to lose..."

Well, under Clouston they won more than before. He should have been happy .. er.

19Emery up-front on OTR - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery up-front on OTR Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:47 pm

I think if Heatley just sat in a chair until the Ottawa media got exhausted asking questions he would only have to endure it for one day. Their attention span is limited. They would move on to their regular stupid takes.

20Emery up-front on OTR - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery up-front on OTR Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:50 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I was surprised with the Emery interview. He sounds like he really matured in Russia. he is still Emery, but there's seems to be a difference. Knowing our luck he will probably come back and be awesome this year.

As for the comment about Heatley being a competitor, I think Wprager's interpretation is right. That's how I read it anyways.

As for a possible comeback, I can see it. I got to be honest, this issue doesn't piss me off nearly as much these days. I want it to be settled, but I hold less and less of a grudge against Heatley everyday. I think fans would welcome him back if he started putting some goals in the net.

21Emery up-front on OTR - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery up-front on OTR Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:57 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MurderOnIce wrote:I think if Heatley just sat in a chair until the Ottawa media got exhausted asking questions he would only have to endure it for one day. Their attention span is limited. They would move on to their regular stupid takes.
Sort of like what A-Rod did with the steroid scandal. Had a presser saying this is the one and only time we'll address questions on this issue and then answered every single question from the reporters. Do it once and then get it done.

22Emery up-front on OTR - Page 2 Empty Re: Emery up-front on OTR Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:I think if Heatley just sat in a chair until the Ottawa media got exhausted asking questions he would only have to endure it for one day. Their attention span is limited. They would move on to their regular stupid takes.
Sort of like what A-Rod did with the steroid scandal. Had a presser saying this is the one and only time we'll address questions on this issue and then answered every single question from the reporters. Do it once and then get it done.

You mean this interview? Sorry, this is really NSFW. Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum