GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Jersey will be a top team again?

+4
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
GMHockey Braintrust
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1New Jersey will be a top team again? Empty New Jersey will be a top team again? Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:30 am

GMHockey Braintrust

GMHockey Braintrust
Prospect
Prospect

I think they will. This team has been written off at the start of the season for the past few years and ALWAYS finds a way to be a contender during the regular season. The main reason has to be Brodeur but it also speaks to the pride and commitment they place on following a system strictly. I think the fact that Sutter will have a year of experience under his belt and the team is used to him now that will also help. I also think the fact that Brodeur will most likely play fewer games should also allow for the regular season success to translate into the playoffs because as we've seen the last couple years, Brodeur was allowing some very uncharacteristic goals in recent playoff history and fatigue may have been a factor there.

Well that's my NJ take. Seeing as I don't follow them regularly I did my best.

2New Jersey will be a top team again? Empty Re: New Jersey will be a top team again? Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:32 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

3New Jersey will be a top team again? Empty Re: New Jersey will be a top team again? Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:42 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well said Heater,

Short and to the point. People have been saying that their D is an issue and that's where I see a weakness again this season. I do still see them as top 3 and the D may cause them issues in the playoffs but only if Brodeur isn't himself again this season come playoff time.

- Unknown Author

4New Jersey will be a top team again? Empty Re: New Jersey will be a top team again? Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:45 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Well said Heater,

Short and to the point. People have been saying that their D is an issue and that's where I see a weakness again this season. I do still see them as top 3 and the D may cause them issues in the playoffs but only if Brodeur isn't himself again this season come playoff time.

Bang on!
And hopefully Brodeur won't have Avery dancing like a retard in front of him! LOL

5New Jersey will be a top team again? Empty Re: New Jersey will be a top team again? Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:16 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Well said Heater,

Bang on!
And hopefully Brodeur won't have Avery dancing like a retard in front of him! LOL

LOL... yeah that was good... I still have to laugh every time I see that clip...

6New Jersey will be a top team again? Empty Re: New Jersey will be a top team again? Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As if the Devils need a little more, Shanahan scores his first goal of the year tonight.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore;_ylt=AgLQnwX1z0.DNlJpyFUBjgIJfwM6?gid=2009011927

7New Jersey will be a top team again? Empty Re: New Jersey will be a top team again? Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:24 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:As if the Devils need a little more, Shanahan scores his first goal of the year tonight.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore;_ylt=AgLQnwX1z0.DNlJpyFUBjgIJfwM6?gid=2009011927

I still doubt how much of an effect he can have.

Parise and to a (much) lesser extent Zajac are dang fine players though.

8New Jersey will be a top team again? Empty Re: New Jersey will be a top team again? Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would say they're a 'Sheldon Souray' away from giving the East a really, really serious run.

EDIT: If they settle for a 'Kuba', then we can be of service. Smile

9New Jersey will be a top team again? Empty Re: New Jersey will be a top team again? Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:30 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, the scary thing is this is without Brodeur.

Of course, he could screw things up on his return a la Luongo. Wink

Their forward corps is remarkably deep. Parise, Gionta, Elias, Zajac, Zubrus, Langenbrunner, Rolston, the checkers and now Shanahan.

Not half bad.

10New Jersey will be a top team again? Empty Re: New Jersey will be a top team again? Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:31 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Man, is Patrik Elias having the most quietly awesome season or what?

11New Jersey will be a top team again? Empty Re: New Jersey will be a top team again? Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Man, is Patrik Elias having the most quietly awesome season or what?

Is he ever. Lucky for him getting over the Hepatitis enough to play NHL hockey and lucky for the Devils that he's paying off now.

12New Jersey will be a top team again? Empty Re: New Jersey will be a top team again? Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:37 pm

If only he was having the kind of season that Kovalev was, he'd be able to go to the Popularity All-Star Game. Err...wait. NM

13New Jersey will be a top team again? Empty Re: New Jersey will be a top team again? Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:42 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:

If only he was having the kind of season that Kovalev was, he'd be able to go to the Popularity All-Star Game. Err...wait. NM

Actually, I have no real respect for the All-Star game and so I'm kind of happy that Kovalev is in. He's a tremendous talent and a joy to watch (when he wants to be), so he'll probably put on a show.

Komisarek was a terrible choice though. I like him as a defenceman, but I wouldn't put Volchie in the All-Star game either. It's just awkward. And I don't want tell Volchie not to try to destroy every bone in his opponent's body.

14New Jersey will be a top team again? Empty Re: New Jersey will be a top team again? Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:04 am

asq2 wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Actually, I have no real respect for the All-Star game and so I'm kind of happy that Kovalev is in. He's a tremendous talent and a joy to watch (when he wants to be), so he'll probably put on a show.

Komisarek was a terrible choice though. I like him as a defenceman, but I wouldn't put Volchie in the All-Star game either. It's just awkward. And I don't want tell Volchie not to try to destroy every bone in his opponent's body.

Pretty much sums up my feelings. I don't think it should be All-Stars when clearly it's popularity (the starters anyway).

Komisarek is a joke of a pick, and I am having a hard time with Price being the starter there as well. I wasn't watching it anyway though.

15New Jersey will be a top team again? Empty Re: New Jersey will be a top team again? Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:12 am

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

Was this ever a question?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum