GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pronger extended

+4
Riprock
Phoenix30
asq2
rooneypoo
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Pronger extended - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger extended Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:38 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:From Darren Dreger at TSN:

"If Chris Pronger retires with term and salary remaining on his contract after next season, does his money stay on the Flyers' cap?

There's some confusion today in Philadelphia over that simple question.

According to the NHL, the answer is yes. The seven-year, $35 million extension Pronger agreed to on Tuesday doesn't commence until after June 30, 2010. Pronger will be 35 at that point and any remaining salary will remain on the cap.

The Flyers disagree and interpret the CBA language governing the "over 35" clause differently.

Sources say the Flyers' lawyers are now aware of the league's stance and are debating this issue.

Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, in response to the debate over Pronger's contract, told TSN, "We are prepared to deal with any and all ramifications, positive or negative, that come with any long-term contract."

Chris Pronger turns 35 on October 10, almost a full year before his seven-year extension with the Flyers kicks in."

Oops!!! I believe the contract has gone through the league office already, so HA! HA! HA!

hope pronger doesn't get a huge injury just shortly into his extension, or the Flyers are pooched.

17Pronger extended - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger extended Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:39 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:

"If Chris Pronger retires with term and salary remaining on his contract after next season, does his money stay on the Flyers' cap?

According to the NHL, the answer is yes. The seven-year, $35 million extension Pronger agreed to on Tuesday doesn't commence until after June 30, 2010. Pronger will be 35 at that point and any remaining salary will remain on the cap.

The Flyers disagree and interpret the CBA language governing the "over 35" clause differently.

Sources say the Flyers' lawyers are now aware of the league's stance and are debating this issue.

Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, in response to the debate over Pronger's contract, told TSN, "We are prepared to deal with any and all ramifications, positive or negative, that come with any long-term contract."

Chris Pronger turns 35 on October 10, almost a full year before his seven-year extension with the Flyers kicks in."

Oops!!! I believe the contract has gone through the league office already, so HA! HA! HA!

hope pronger doesn't get a huge injury just shortly into his extension, or the Flyers are pooched.

Actually I kind of hope he does... It will re-instill my faith in karma.

18Pronger extended - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger extended Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:43 pm

If he is seriously injured he would be placed on LTIR. I want him to retire in 4 years so they have 4 years of 5M cap hits to eat.

19Pronger extended - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger extended Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:47 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Actually I kind of hope he does... It will re-instill my faith in karma.

Dean McAmmond would be happy, and any other victim of his vicious elbows, not sure would man up to take the big guy down though, maybe Gill is stupid enough to do it, but I am betting on Gill not being as tough as Pronger.

20Pronger extended - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger extended Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:26 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

This is funny. Maybe they intend to play him until he's 41?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum