GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Grabovski FLEECES the Leafs for 3mil per.

+2
PTFlea
Jordo
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

The Leafs just resigned Grabovski for 3 years, 2.9 per.

Just incredible.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, that seems pricey and dangerous to me.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

He's a good player. I don't think it's that bad a deal.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nothing wrong with him, but it certainly seems like a risk at this stage of his career. Would have made it shorter - and I would presume cheaper.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Let me put it this way: it's 900K more than Neil got and 700K more than Kelly got, and Grabo just put up 20 goals and ~50 points in what was his first full season in the NHL.

With Heatley gone, he'd be our third-leading scorer. $2.9 million for that doesn't seem way too much, does it?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Nothing wrong with him, but it certainly seems like a risk at this stage of his career. Would have made it shorter - and I would presume cheaper.

I wouldn't say that either. He's a pretty questionable team-mate, apparently.

As a hockey player, though, he's quite good.

Anyway, the Leafs needed to re-sign him. They're anaemic offensively even with him.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think he fleeced the Leafs to be honest. I don't see how he can't improve on his point totals next season and get closer to the 60 point mark.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Maybe actually. Assuming he can play hard for the entire year and mature a little, this is pretty par for the coarse. Still, I really expected 2 max.

Wait till we get a hold of you Grab, and your little puassy friend komi too! he he he ...

sung to michael jackson : "I want to Laroque with you, all night, laroque the night away, sunlight, I want to Laroque with you, all night, Laroque the night away!"

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Let me put it this way: it's 900K more than Neil got and 700K more than Kelly got, and Grabo just put up 20 goals and ~50 points in what was his first full season in the NHL.

With Heatley gone, he'd be our third-leading scorer. $2.9 million for that doesn't seem way too much, does it?

I tend to agree with ASQ...Grabovski was ready to go to arbitration I think...and Burke couldn't afford to lose a player, who, while he's called 'difficult', was a relatively consistent producer.

Of course, the fireworks that one expects when the Leafs visit the Habs will now be stoked by The Grabber and Mikey Komo...with Colton Orr on tap.

As they say, "there will be blood"...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Burke likes him and said he's part of the future of the Leafs, so...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum