GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pfft...salary cap isn't going down, it's going up 100K...

+2
SensFan71
PTFlea
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Posted by TSN and Team 1200.

56.8 million.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

well I guess the recession never hit the NHL as bad as originally thought.

With the Canadian dollar getting close to the American Dollar again, the NHL might have avoided a big land mine there.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The CAD will be the driver for overall NHL revenues. I just heard an economist last night state that Canada will outperform the US economy next year.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Posted by TSN and Team 1200.

56.8 million.
Is this due to the "5%" clause that can be actioned to add to the Cap if they think it's going to dip down?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:The CAD will be the driver for overall NHL revenues. I just heard an economist last night state that Canada will outperform the US economy next year.

kudos to our strong industry and banking system, the US is a joke right now, have fun with the mess Obama.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Posted by TSN and Team 1200.

56.8 million.
Is this due to the "5%" clause that can be actioned to add to the Cap if they think it's going to dip down?

Some players vote to add on 5%, I actually didn't read too much more than that. I just needed the cap number. :^^^^:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Too bad hockey is not an export industry for us. With the loonie climbing back within striking distance of the greenback all of our export industries are suffering.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

The 5% was added by the NHLPA, which made the cap about the same as 08-09, where this 5% bonus was not in effect. In short, revenues are down.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum