GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Luongo talking extension

+2
SensFan71
PKC
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Luongo talking extension Empty Luongo talking extension Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:39 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Per TSN.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=282927

Looks like he's seeking a contract extension in the 5 year range worth at least $8 million per season.

Hmmm, with the Sedins looking for about 10-12 million combined and several key UFAs and RFAs on the roster, can they fit him in at that price tag, especially if the cap experiences any drop.

2Luongo talking extension Empty Re: Luongo talking extension Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:50 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

this is a must for the Nucks, best goalie out there besides brodeur.

3Luongo talking extension Empty Re: Luongo talking extension Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:55 am

Thats debatable for me, Luongo has shown he has trouble winning big games... I would take Lundqvist over Luongo at this point.

4Luongo talking extension Empty Re: Luongo talking extension Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:00 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely4Life wrote:Thats debatable for me, Luongo has shown he has trouble winning big games... I would take Lundqvist over Luongo at this point.

Lundqvist didn't exactly get past the first round this year. To me, they are both unproven in the post-season, to some extent.

5Luongo talking extension Empty Re: Luongo talking extension Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:02 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Thats debatable for me, Luongo has shown he has trouble winning big games... I would take Lundqvist over Luongo at this point.

Lundqvist didn't exactly get past the first round this year. To me, they are both unproven in the post-season, to some extent.

both are game stealers though, seeing Lundqvist beaten by a rookie though doesn't help him, Luongo at least was outdueled by the Bulin wall.

6Luongo talking extension Empty Re: Luongo talking extension Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:04 am

Lundqvist has a nice, shinny, gold medal on his shelf. He also plays in front of a team with zero offence. Only reason NYR has mad the playoffs the last 3 years is strickly Lunqvist.

Luongo failed to even do that last year. Right now, at this point in time, Lunqvist is ahead of Luongo I believe.

7Luongo talking extension Empty Re: Luongo talking extension Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:06 am

SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:

both are game stealers though, seeing Lundqvist beaten by a rookie though doesn't help him, Luongo at least was outdueled by the Bulin wall.

No way you can compare that NYR team to Vancouver. It's not even close.

8Luongo talking extension Empty Re: Luongo talking extension Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:07 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Goalies are a gamble. Even "proven" ones. A decent goalie for a fair price is the way to go, IMO.

9Luongo talking extension Empty Re: Luongo talking extension Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:08 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

$8 million for a goalie who hasn't won much in the NHL seems a little high.

10Luongo talking extension Empty Re: Luongo talking extension Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:08 am

I would say a goalie who steps up in big games, or has a history of it is the way to go.

That's why I like the Lecaire deal so much, so much potential and we didnt give up anything, PLUS a 2nd round pick, haha.

11Luongo talking extension Empty Re: Luongo talking extension Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:10 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

These are going to be interesting times in Vancouver... between the Sedins and Luongo... something's gotta give...

12Luongo talking extension Empty Re: Luongo talking extension Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:12 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Goalies are a gamble. Even "proven" ones. A decent goalie for a fair price is the way to go, IMO.

we are paying less for our 3 goalies than that for Luongo, depending on what the offer is to Elliott that he is due.

13Luongo talking extension Empty Re: Luongo talking extension Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:14 am

Elliott shouldnt get over a mil if he gets that one way contract.

14Luongo talking extension Empty Re: Luongo talking extension Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:18 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:These are going to be interesting times in Vancouver... between the Sedins and Luongo... something's gotta give...

Which is why I'm surprised there's not more talk about Heatley to Vancouver. Maybe that'll end up being the deal from out of nowhere.

15Luongo talking extension Empty Re: Luongo talking extension Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:18 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wait, strike that. Vancouver doesn't have what we need -- a high draft pick. They are more likely to go after UFAs. Gaborik, perhaps?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum