GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burke Speaks Out on Heatley

+11
SensFan71
Riprock
rooneypoo
Mojo
shabbs
PKC
dennycrane
asq2
wprager
LeCaptain
Havlat9
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Burke Speaks Out on Heatley - Page 3 Empty Re: Burke Speaks Out on Heatley Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:54 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No worries. The only GMs running their mouths are those who have no chance of getting Heatley anyhow.

32Burke Speaks Out on Heatley - Page 3 Empty Re: Burke Speaks Out on Heatley Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:56 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Well, if this continues and it actually goes all the way down the line and nobody wants him, it looks like he will have to swallow his pride and play here next season. (which I highly doubt by the way, I'm sure even the GM's saying they don't want him, do want him)

Good job Heater! Your big mouth may have gotten you in more trouble than you thought.

Russia?

33Burke Speaks Out on Heatley - Page 3 Empty Re: Burke Speaks Out on Heatley Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:02 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'm not sure heatley is going anywere before draft day. even before july 1st. first the 4 million thing, next it will depend on lecavalier, Jay bo and gaborik... whoever were the losers in those will probably show an interest...

34Burke Speaks Out on Heatley - Page 3 Empty Re: Burke Speaks Out on Heatley Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:09 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

noy forgetting Hossa, the sedins... then heatley.

35Burke Speaks Out on Heatley - Page 3 Empty Re: Burke Speaks Out on Heatley Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:No worries. The only GMs running their mouths are those who have no chance of getting Heatley anyhow.

Thankfully, that's true so far.

36Burke Speaks Out on Heatley - Page 3 Empty Re: Burke Speaks Out on Heatley Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:35 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:No worries. The only GMs running their mouths are those who have no chance of getting Heatley anyhow.

well I have only heard of one running his mouth, so that's down to 28 other GM's, scratch Detroit, they shouldn't be interested, so then 27 GM's to work with to get a deal done.

37Burke Speaks Out on Heatley - Page 3 Empty Re: Burke Speaks Out on Heatley Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:59 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensFan71 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

well I have only heard of one running his mouth, so that's down to 28 other GM's, scratch Detroit, they shouldn't be interested, so then 27 GM's to work with to get a deal done.
The Cap's GM has commented as well...

38Burke Speaks Out on Heatley - Page 3 Empty Re: Burke Speaks Out on Heatley Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:02 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

The Cap's GM has commented as well...

oh never heard that one, well then 26, still not bad odds.

39Burke Speaks Out on Heatley - Page 3 Empty Re: Burke Speaks Out on Heatley Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:44 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Just to further prove Burke's hypocrisy:

http://www.tsn.ca/story/?id=169528&hubname=main

When asked if Pronger had asked to be traded, Lowe responded: "He hasn't' asked me. I'll just leave it at that."

"We just got over a seven-game series in the Stanley Cup finals and there seems to be a lot of discussion about this and I'm not sure where it's coming from," added Lowe. "Let's put it this way. Why would we want to trade Chris Pronger?"

"One thing I've learned in my five or six years as a manager is that stuff tends to out of right field for whatever reasons. It can be agendas, hidden agendas, certain motivations, so nothing surprises me."

However, agent Pat Morris told TSN a trade request has now been made on behalf of his client.

Found that link at HB in a post by "Halibut." I don't see how the Pronger situation is different. While appreciate what you're saying, Burke, you must also walk the walk.

As we say, "Talk is cheap!"

40Burke Speaks Out on Heatley - Page 3 Empty Re: Burke Speaks Out on Heatley Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:08 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Just to further prove Burke's hypocrisy:

http://www.tsn.ca/story/?id=169528&hubname=main

When asked if Pronger had asked to be traded, Lowe responded: "He hasn't' asked me. I'll just leave it at that."

"We just got over a seven-game series in the Stanley Cup finals and there seems to be a lot of discussion about this and I'm not sure where it's coming from," added Lowe. "Let's put it this way. Why would we want to trade Chris Pronger?"

"One thing I've learned in my five or six years as a manager is that stuff tends to out of right field for whatever reasons. It can be agendas, hidden agendas, certain motivations, so nothing surprises me."

However, agent Pat Morris told TSN a trade request has now been made on behalf of his client.

Found that link at HB in a post by "Halibut." I don't see how the Pronger situation is different. While appreciate what you're saying, Burke, you must also walk the walk.

As we say, "Talk is cheap!"

would love a member of the media or anyone to throw this is burke's face, see him back pedal then, for sure TSN wouldn't, they would lose their funding from the center of the universe leafs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum