GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First?

+46
ddt
jawal
spader
notch_4077
4077notch
Hoags
Tuk Tuk
Number Twenty Nine
LethalLehner
Vandelay
COLLAR UP
pgood
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Havlat9
Sp00nz
Urkie
Sens4thecup
Snuh
beerandsens
SDH89
Cronie
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
TeamRenzo
The Silfer Server
shabbs
SensFan71
Hockeyhero22000
strachattack
beedub
asq2
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
Phoenix30
PKC
rooneypoo
jamvan
Mojo
PTFlea
Acrobat
LeCaptain
dennycrane
wprager
davetherave
50 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

What Should Bryan Murray Do About Dany Heatley?

Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 67 Vote_lcap211%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 7 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 67 Vote_lcap28%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 5 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 67 Vote_lcap253%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 53% [ 33 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 67 Vote_lcap28%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 5 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 67 Vote_lcap22%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 67 Vote_lcap23%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 2 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 67 Vote_lcap23%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 2 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 67 Vote_lcap210%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 6 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 67 Vote_lcap22%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 62

Go down  Message [Page 67 of 68]

cas wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:If Sykora costs 2 million let's say, then we still would be hovering around the cap. I wouldn't do it as much as I want him to round out our top 9. Regin needs an opportunity. So does Zubov actually. We're all really hard on him, but he had a better season that Regin when you extrapolate it. Zubov had 4 points in his final 20 games or something unheard of like that, if he had maintained his pace from the first 50 games, we'd be talking about him right now as if he's the second coming of Mogilny.

As in Jimmy Mogilny - the guy that never stood a chance??

:KJK: Am I reading that right?

ah Facepalm I just re-read it and I missed the word first in "pace from the first 50 games"

What was he on pace for at that point? 80? 90?

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:If Sykora costs 2 million let's say, then we still would be hovering around the cap. I wouldn't do it as much as I want him to round out our top 9. Regin needs an opportunity. So does Zubov actually. We're all really hard on him, but he had a better season that Regin when you extrapolate it. Zubov had 4 points in his final 20 games or something unheard of like that, if he had maintained his pace from the first 50 games, we'd be talking about him right now as if he's the second coming of Mogilny.

Mogilny?

Spez> watch out for that premature extrapolation...
:^^^^:

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

But you've got to look at the whole season, not just the first 60 games. That drop off at the end is an alarm. The pace just gets faster and heavier in the NHL -- if he could only play 60 at full speed in the AHL, maybe in the NHL he runs out of gas after 40.

He needs to put together a solid, full season. Even if the numbers are not as flashy overall, consistency has to be there.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Good comment from Fisher on Heatley if he returns from the Citizen.

"If he plays the way he can play and he feels like he can contribute, and he plays hard and plays within the system, and accepts whatever role he's given and is happy with it, then that's what we have to do to be successful," Mike Fisher said. "And we saw that at the end of last year. We were successful because it was team-first. We changed a few things and it wasn't about individuals. It was about the team, and that's why we were winning."

Will Heatley follow this if he returns, now that is a different story, it goes against everything it seems that Heatley stands for, not team first, but me first.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Fish could not have said it any better. I hope those words make their way to Heatley. Nicely done.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Fish could not have said it any better. I hope those words make their way to Heatley. Nicely done.

Way to go Fish! Apply that wisdom to yourself next time you're asked to play a role other than center or the point on the power play! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

So as The Heatley Saga comes to a close with 67 threads devoted to DH, and almost 1000 posts on several of these threads, and countless page views, Ottawa says 'hasta la vista, baby' to The Heater.

Did anyone, in the end, blink?

Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 67 Heatle12

davetherave wrote:So as The Heatley Saga comes to a close with 67 threads devoted to DH, and almost 1000 posts on several of these threads, and countless page views, Ottawa says 'hasta la vista, baby' to The Heater.

I think Murray blinked. I imagine Murray spoke to Alfie and Phillips after their meeting with Heatley and decided he had to take the SJ offer. I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't exactly what SJ was offering the whole time.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

@Robby> from Murray's presser:

“I talked to Dany at length yesterday ... he was adamant that he wanted to be moved and we felt, based on that more than anything, that we should get the fair value we could get for him and move on. When I looked him in the eye and talked to him, I knew the minute he walked out the door that I had to trade him.”

Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 67 Murray10

RobbyJ wrote:
davetherave wrote:So as The Heatley Saga comes to a close with 67 threads devoted to DH, and almost 1000 posts on several of these threads, and countless page views, Ottawa says 'hasta la vista, baby' to The Heater.

I think Murray blinked. I imagine Murray spoke to Alfie and Phillips after their meeting with Heatley and decided he had to take the SJ offer. I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't exactly what SJ was offering the whole time.

I don't think so. I would bet money that Wilson was offering Cheechoo, Erhoff and picks/prospects. Once Erhoff was out of the picture, I think Wilson had to shift towards Cheechoo and another forward.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Here's something interesting:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Heatley+insists+loved+playing+Ottawa/1988415/story.html

Since Heatley’s trade demand became public, the two sides have blamed each other for leaking it. Murray
got a little satisfaction on Saturday when he could show Heatley that
he was not the one who leaked news of Heatley’s trade to the Sharks. The
deal had been speculated all afternoon, but TSN’s Bob McKenzie
announced it at least 10 minutes before Murray appeared to tell
reporters. “I just wanted him to know we weren’t the leak all the time,” said Murray. “He
kind of thought we leaked some information that shouldn’t have been
leaked. A minute after I hung up the phone, I got an email from a media
person saying ‘I understand this is the trade.’ “So I just pointed that out to him.” The implication, of course, is that Heatley’s agents leaked the deal to TSN.

It's been implied numerous times that BM leaked the trade. Nice to see him vindicated.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:

I don't think so. I would bet money that Wilson was offering Cheechoo, Erhoff and picks/prospects. Once Erhoff was out of the picture, I think Wilson had to shift towards Cheechoo and another forward.

BM said flat out that he'd been talking to SJS all summer, but that Michalek was a "late, very late" addition to the conversation. Just heard him say it on TSN or Sportsnet an hour ago.

Guaranteed it was Wilson holding this thing up, refusing to add one of Michalek or Clowe to the discussion for all this time.

Daaaaah, I dunno if I believe that totally, I think Murray is trying to save face a bit.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Daaaaah, I dunno if I believe that totally, I think Murray is trying to save face a bit.

I think SJ was trying to make Cheechoo + Ehrhoff work forever. When it was clear it wouldn't work, they moved Ehrhoff to VAN for prospects. Then the talk would have shifted to a guy like Michalek, I imagine.

Seems pretty clear to me that Wilson wanted Heatley for nothing all along. I bet Wilson didn't serious toss Michalek's name into the ring until after the VAN deal.

Perhaps, I just dont know if I buy the "last minute" thing. San Jose has lost basically all of it's depth now as well. Basically they gave up 2 D men, 2 wingers, and a 2nd round pick for Heatley.

If they dont get past the 2nd round Wilson is gone for sure, along with Marleau. Chicago, Detroit, Anahiem, Vancouver, Calgary.... They are still in tough, SJ isnt a better team today then they were yesterday.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

@Rooney, N4L> my take on the deal is on the Murray thread. You may find it of interest.

http://www.gmhockey.com/ottawa-centaurs-f31/what-s-murray-s-next-move-t3307-45.htm#102006

N4L wrote:Perhaps, I just dont know if I buy the "last minute" thing. San Jose has lost basically all of it's depth now as well. Basically they gave up 2 D men, 2 wingers, and a 2nd round pick for Heatley.

If they dont get past the 2nd round Wilson is gone for sure, along with Marleau. Chicago, Detroit, Anahiem, Vancouver, Calgary.... They are still in tough, SJ isnt a better team today then they were yesterday.

wow...good point. Risky business for Wilson.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

CCgotITcovered wrote:
N4L wrote:Perhaps, I just dont know if I buy the "last minute" thing. San Jose has lost basically all of it's depth now as well. Basically they gave up 2 D men, 2 wingers, and a 2nd round pick for Heatley.

wow...good point. Risky business for Wilson.

@N4L, CC> you are both underestimating Doug Wilson and the Sharks' prospect depth.

Wilson has some very strong young players in Torrey Mitchell and Jamie McGinn, among others who he wants to integrate. He has a acquired DH who is a fit with Thornton and Marleau, especially on the PP.

That will easily compensate for the depature of Michalek and Cheechoo.

Erhoff was moved to give kids like Derek Joslin and Nick Petrecki a shot.

Wilson has already stated his changes are part of the turnover of personnel necessary to maximize his assets and keep the team moving forward.

Say all you want about the Sharks' post season 'difficulties'...the Flames and Canucks have done no better since the lockout.

Todd McLellan is an excellent coach and you can expect the Sharks to be a top team again this season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 67 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum