GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First?

+46
ddt
jawal
spader
notch_4077
4077notch
Hoags
Tuk Tuk
Number Twenty Nine
LethalLehner
Vandelay
COLLAR UP
pgood
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Havlat9
Sp00nz
Urkie
Sens4thecup
Snuh
beerandsens
SDH89
Cronie
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
TeamRenzo
The Silfer Server
shabbs
SensFan71
Hockeyhero22000
strachattack
beedub
asq2
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
Phoenix30
PKC
rooneypoo
jamvan
Mojo
PTFlea
Acrobat
LeCaptain
dennycrane
wprager
davetherave
50 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 51 ... 68  Next

What Should Bryan Murray Do About Dany Heatley?

Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 34 Vote_lcap211%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 7 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 34 Vote_lcap28%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 5 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 34 Vote_lcap253%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 53% [ 33 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 34 Vote_lcap28%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 5 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 34 Vote_lcap22%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 34 Vote_lcap23%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 2 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 34 Vote_lcap23%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 2 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 34 Vote_lcap210%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 6 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 34 Vote_lcap22%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 62

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 68]

TeamRenzo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Kesler is untouchable in a deal for Heatley.

They have nothing Ottawa needs.

There are only a handful of players that are untouchable in this league, Kesler is not one of them.

So we are a bottom cellar team and they are a very solid team yet they could not offer anything we need...ridiculous statement!

Ya, there is a reason they are a solid team and we are a bottom feeder.

Anyways I know you like to challenge my opinion but face it buddy, you have nothing here and probably know less about The Canucks then you do The Sens.

strachattack

Rookie
Rookie

^^ True enough ^^

However, if I were a King's fan who just found out they acquired Heatley in a trade I would want my GM to explain in very real terms what it was that calmed their concerns. That's some pretty strong language to use. If I had the smallest idea of dealing for him I would have chosen my words alot more carefully than that knowing full well they could be used against me after the deal.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Basically Hextall is mentally challenged. That's the long and the short of those remarks.

I dunno, I thought it was pretty candid of Hextell to be honest. He didnt really hide his feelings on Heatley but also said he is basically the player we need on the ice, but he might not be the person we want in the dressing room around a young team.

If Heatley would have kept his trade demand private he would be in LA or NYR by now, good job.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:I dunno, I thought it was pretty candid of Hextell to be honest. He didnt really hide his feelings on Heatley but also said he is basically the player we need on the ice, but he might not be the person we want in the dressing room around a young team.

If Heatley would have kept his trade demand private he would be in LA or NYR by now, good job.

Yeah, I doubt I've seen a situation handled this badly in a long, long time.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Edmonton are holding a 5:45 press conference, but FH is still undecided. I guess it's to show their intentions and address the fact that Cogliano, Penner and SMid were all told they were traded. Things are started to unfold.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

The reason that he used those words is because there is no deal. I think it became clear after reading this that unless someone unexpected comes forward, it is either Edmonton or no one. Given the comments from some of the Edmonton fans, I think Heatley might have burnt that bridge too. Heatley have a big ego but it has got to be a firm kick in the junk when GMs are speaking about you and none of it is good. If this keeps up I don't see you having a trade partner this season or even in the forseeable future.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

strachattack wrote:^^ True enough ^^

However, if I were a King's fan who just found out they acquired Heatley in a trade I would want my GM to explain in very real terms what it was that calmed their concerns. That's some pretty strong language to use. If I had the smallest idea of dealing for him I would have chosen my words alot more carefully than that knowing full well they could be used against me after the deal.

He definitely could have chosen certain words better, and maybe omitted other phrases. But what I got from what he said wasn't that he'd be completely against a trade, more that he would require clarification from Heatley. Also I think he figured it would cost too much from an LA point of view. But if you translate what Penner, Smid, and Cogliano would be to an LA perspective, then Frolov pretty much equals Penner and Smid, and then they'd have to throw in a solid prospect on top of that, like a Moeller or Teubert or Hickey; prior to July 1st that is. Now it'll probably be Frolov, plus one of the afformentioned 3, and a lesser prospect like Quincey, Simmonds, or maybe Purcell, not sure how highly they value him.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:Edmonton are holding a 5:45 press conference, but FH is still undecided. I guess it's to show their intentions and address the fact that Cogliano, Penner and SMid were all told they were traded. Things are started to unfold.

Sorry, who's FH?? F***ing Heatley is the only thing I can come up with.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I thought it might stand for F*** head.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

ElliottRules wrote:I thought it might stand for F*** head.
That's right. cheers

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Damnit!!! I was so close.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:LA at this point is at best 3rd in that division and I would say a healthy Stars team is a lot better then The Kings are at this point. The Yotes are going to be better as well, they added a little leadership on the blueline with Aucion, and havign Jovo there as well, its not a bad situation. That trade for Jokinen helped with their depth. LA might be the worst team in that division.

That being the story in LA, where does that put them in the conferance? 12th, maybe... at best... LA has to do something or soon all those young stars are going to be UFA's that are sick of losing. Frolov is first up.

Maybe Lombardi thinks that a good fit as a scoring left-winger might be Taylor Hall, Kirill Kabanov or John McFarland.

Im sure he does, he doesnt think anyone over 25 is worth having.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Eugene Melnyk speaks...

Heatley deal in 'no man's land': Melnyk
Allen Panzeri, The Ottawa Citizen, July 3, 2009

OTTAWA — Eugene Melnyk’s voice sounded pleasant, as it most often does.
But there was no hiding the anger behind his words.

The owner of the Ottawa Senators is still shaking his head in disbelief over disgruntled winger Dany Heatley’s refusal to waive his no-movement clause and accept a trade to the Edmonton Oilers.

He is clearly furious on many levels: from having to write a $4-million U.S. bonus cheque for Heatley, to the suggestions from agents that general manager Bryan Murray didn’t work hard enough to arrange options for Heatley, to Heatley’s gall in asking for a trade, yet refusing to accept one to the Oilers.

“I’ve never, ever seen something like this in my life,” Melnyk said during an interview on The Fan 590 in Toronto, “where somebody says, ‘I want to be traded,’ but … ‘No, I don’t want to be traded to them.’

“I’ve never seen anything like this in my life.”

The situation is now in what Melnyk called “no man’s land.”

Melnyk is particularly angry at whoever leaked Heatley’s trade request. He said he has a good idea who did it, but says all it did was make everyone’s life miserable, “including Dany’s.”

He’s equally irritated that Heatley’s agents, J.P. Barry and Stacey McAlpine, have suggested that Murray didn’t work hard enough to arrange other possible trades.

That’s ridiculous, said Melnyk, who himself stayed up until midnight on both Tuesday and Wednesday, waiting to see if the Heatley deal would get done.

“The only thing that really inflames you is the suggestion … that Bryan didn’t work hard enough to get a trade done,” said Melnyk.

“You know the show, Who Wants To Be a Millionaire? I mean, (Murray) did 29 phone-a-friend help lines. That’s the equivalent. Then multiple calls and multiple calls, and multiple calls, and what he came up with was a deal, finally at the end.”

The Heatley camp was silent on Friday.

When reached on his cellphone, McAlpine said he would call back momentarily, that he was on another call.

He never called back. Nor did he return messages.

Melnyk said the Oilers did all they could to convince Heatley that Edmonton, which wasn’t one of his preferred destinations, would be a good place for him to play hockey.

“How far can you go?” asked Melnyk. “You’ve got the president (Kevin Lowe) and the general manager (Steve Tambellini) flying out (to Kelowna, B.C.) in a private jet to see him.

“What’s wrong with Edmonton? The organization is putting itself out. You can’t have your cake and eat it, too.”

Melnyk said the bottom line right now is that Heatley remains an Ottawa Senator and the team expects him at training camp.

The longer the situation goes on, the more the leverage begins to shift to the Senators. If Heatley wants to make Canada’s Olympic team, he’ll have to be playing for a team in October. He has been told he’s not an automatic choice because of past service.

It was otherwise quiet on all other fronts Friday. There was no word from Murray and none from Tambellini, his counterpart in Edmonton.

Writing a $4-million cheque for Heatley wasn’t fun, Melnyk said, but he had no other choice.

The NHL has left open the door for the Senators to file a grievance, but so far that hasn’t been done.

“When I do a deal on a napkin or a handshake, or a 150-page document, it doesn’t matter,” Melnyk said.

“I stick by my word, I stick by my signature, I stick by my handshake, and you go ahead and do it, and you expect the other side to be there because you’ve done your side of the bargain.

“You just bite your tongue and you sign the cheque, and let it play out.”

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Tambellini was interviewed today re: trade with Heatley. Audio can be found on the Edmonton Oilers web site.

http://oilers.nhl.com/

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Ball's in Heatley's court, says Oilers GM
Joanne Ireland, edmontonjournal.com, July 3 2009

EDMONTON - Edmonton Oilers general manager Steve Tambellini has talked to his counterpart in Ottawa, but says that, for the time being, Dany Heatley is a Senator.

The sniper and the Sens have to make the next move.

"There's not a lot to say at the point," said Tambellini during his first public statement in the wake of the scuttled trade.

"It will be up to Bryan and Dany as to what steps they want to take."

The Oilers and Sens had hammered out a trade that would have seen Edmonton reportedly ship Dustin Penner, Ladislav Smid and Andrew Cogliano for the scorer.

Tambellini would not confirm the three players in light of the fact that Heatley had nixed the deal when he refused to waive his no-trade clause. After the Senators paid out a $4-milllion contractual obligation on Wednesday, Murray said the deal was off the table.

"Any type of player movement takes time. It's expected," said Tambellini.

"We're trying to better our hockey club .... Where this goes is up to Bryan and Dany Heatley."

Heatley had recently requested a trade.

jireland@thejournal.canwest.com

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:Eugene Melnyk speaks...

Aargh! I realize it's his money and his right, but I just wish he wouldn't. I can't see anything good come out of it, no matter how well-intentioned or well-said.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 51 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum