GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: SCP '09, SATURDAY JUNE 6, STANLEY CUP FINAL--PITTSBURGH AT DETROIT, 800 PM ET

+7
Cronie
PTFlea
LethalLehner
wprager
beerandsens
shabbs
davetherave
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

WHO WINS GAME 5?

GAME DAY: SCP '09, SATURDAY JUNE 6, STANLEY CUP FINAL--PITTSBURGH AT DETROIT, 800 PM ET - Page 5 Vote_lcap244%GAME DAY: SCP '09, SATURDAY JUNE 6, STANLEY CUP FINAL--PITTSBURGH AT DETROIT, 800 PM ET - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 44% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: SCP '09, SATURDAY JUNE 6, STANLEY CUP FINAL--PITTSBURGH AT DETROIT, 800 PM ET - Page 5 Vote_lcap256%GAME DAY: SCP '09, SATURDAY JUNE 6, STANLEY CUP FINAL--PITTSBURGH AT DETROIT, 800 PM ET - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 56% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

LethalLehner

Sophomore
Sophomore

That would be the Wings Smile

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

The opening ceremonies at Joe Louis Arena tonight were all about Courage Under Fire. The Courage of the Men who served in the last World War.

The second period has been a display of what Mike Babc0ck has called "Will" in the war on ice.

They're hurt...they're exhausted...they're coming off losing two in row.

The fickle fulminations of the Media Mutts are ringing in their ears.

But the Red Wings have a weapon in their arsenal called Will.

Will To Win.

That Will enables Pavel Datysuk to play with a broken foot, and, his skating compromised, still use his extraordinary playmaking talent.

That Will enables Dan Cleary, suffering from the flu, to score.

That Will gives the Wings, well wings in the 2nd, and fuel Valteri Filppula's motor as he starts The Surge.

That Will gives Niklas Kronwall the presence of mind to burst into the Pens' zone, outmaneuver the opponent and whack a shot past MAF.

That Will enables Brian Rafalski, labouring with who knows what injury, to dig down and find his PP rifle shot.

That Will enables Chris Osgood to forget how many games he's played, how many goals he let in, leave it all behind, zero in, on the Now...and keep the zero on the board.

That Will is why Henrik Zetterberg can retort, "Tired? If you're not tired, you're not working hard enough" as he hammers the nail that chases Fleury.

That Will stokes the Killer Instinct that is endemic to the Big Red Machine.

The Penguins are getting a lesson...in just one period of hockey...in why the Red Wings are World Champions.

You don't have to be a Detroit fan to see it...and to know what it means.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Pens :fighting: The Wings

Slow, methodical punches to the soul of the Pens in that 2nd period. Datsyuk is so sick. Diddle that, I actually forgot how good he was. Damn.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

One more game after this tilt, assuming the Wings don't have a colossal meltdown in the 3rd.

Get it done Wings... Let Sydney have to be in 'that' photo for yet another time! LOL

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:One more game after this tilt, assuming the Wings don't have a colossal meltdown in the 3rd.

Get it done Wings... Let Sydney have to be in 'that' photo for yet another time! LOL

Yeah, I was never a fan of those commercials.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

What about the one where the bus breaks down and Crosby gets off and plays hockey with the kids. They should have pelted him with Timbits... Laughing3

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Well, Ladies and Gentlemen, we saw a Championship quality hockey game tonight.

The Champions schooling the challengers.

The Red Wings fans were chanting "We Want The Cup"...another performance like this on Tuesday...and they'll get their wish.

In the meantime...the Pingu Posse will try to wipe the memory card clean.

Back to Pittsburgh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really incredible performance. Pretty diddling mind-boggling actually.

I'll guess the Wings. I didn't look at tsn.ca already i swear!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:I'll guess the Wings. I didn't look at tsn.ca already i swear!

:^^^^: Yeah.

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

ElliottRules wrote:What about the one where the bus breaks down and Crosby gets off and plays hockey with the kids. They should have pelted him with Timbits... Laughing3

The children skating with Crosby were lucky they were on a soundstage, else their virgin ears would be scarred for life.

The Wings deserve this Cup and they're going to get it.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

In the euphoria that surrounds the result for Wings fans and those who ride their coattails, Mike Babc0ck would probably be the first one to remind all that the lopsided score means nothing come Tuesday night.

Which is why hockey is THE BEST GAME YOU CAN NAME.

So many were writing off the Wings...and last night the Champs shocked even their own most ardent advocates.

It will be fascinating to see the response of the Penguins back in their own building.

Have a great Sunday, everyone.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Penguins are going to have to forget this one and bounce back. Should be interesting.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, if the Penguins pack it in then caissie_1 takes the bracket pool, pushing me to second. I think Pittsburgh will not want to lose, yet again, on home ice, so they'll give it all they've got on Tuesday. That extra day's rest will probably temper the momentum shift a bit, although it will also give the banged-up players an extra day to recover.

My prediction is that we'll finally get to see an OT in Game Six. If Pittsburgh takes it, though, they'll have nothing left (emotionally) for Friday night (interesting, why did they space out the last games?) and Detroit will put them away like the Pens had done to the Capitals.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

both teams will be bringing it Tuesday, Detroit rather win it on the road than risk a game 7 against a very pesky, very dangerous Pingu squad.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:both teams will be bringing it Tuesday, Detroit rather win it on the road than risk a game 7 against a very pesky, very dangerous Pingu squad.

When Detroit wasn't playing very well, the Penguins still lost 3-1 in the first two games. With the lineup at nearly 100% Detroit blanked them 5-0. If nothing else, we can clearly see that Osgood delivers when it's on the line, while Fleury seems to lay an egg, instead.

While I would not want the Wings' players to look at it this way, I feel very confident that, if it gets to Game Seven, Detroit will win it pulling away.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:While I would not want the Wings' players to look at it this way, I feel very confident that, if it gets to Game Seven, Detroit will win it pulling away.

Fortunately, they are experienced enough for you not to have to worry about that. cool)

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

As this SCF has, so far, been a series which favours the home team, the possibility of that trend continuing promises much excitement for those who would love to see a seven game affair.

And we haven't had the pleasure of OT yet...

:##:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum