GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spezza won't be traded.

+17
NEELY
Ev
Cronie
shabbs
shield4life
Flo The Action
asq2
mattshock
SeawaySensFan
davetherave
PKC
jamvan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SensFan71
wprager
Phoenix30
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

151Spezza won't be traded. - Page 11 Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Thu May 01, 2014 7:21 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

sandysensfan wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Price and Weber have won on the international stage. Hard for a d-man and a goalie to win a cup on their own.

It's hard for ANY player to win a Cup on their own ..

Winners are winners, Sandy. No one wins it on their own but one player has the ability to lift a team. Spezza is not that, has never been that player, and never will be that player. The fact some people still believe in him as a player is not only naive it's pathetic because he's shown his faults for 15 years now. Same critiques when he was 15 are the same at 31.

152Spezza won't be traded. - Page 11 Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Thu May 01, 2014 8:06 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Price and Weber have won on the international stage. Hard for a d-man and a goalie to win a cup on their own.

It's hard for ANY player to win a Cup on their own ..

Winners are winners, Sandy.  No one wins it on their own but one player has the ability to lift a team.  Spezza is not that, has never been that player, and never will be that player.  The fact some people still believe in him as a player is not only naive it's pathetic because he's shown his faults for 15 years now.  Same critiques when he was 15 are the same at 31.

Easy there cowboy. Man, you just love to use inflated language to make your point. We get it, Spezza is a one-way player who doesn't have what it takes to lead a team to victory. Calling anyone who believes in him as a player pathetic is a little much.

The fact is, he's a good player, but we want him to be great. The fact that he doesn't live up to expectations (or demands) doesn't make him terrible, it just makes him less than you think he could/should be. Luke Schenn is a player like that. Toronto wanted him to be great. He isn't great. He's good, and that's ok (just not in Toronto).

153Spezza won't be traded. - Page 11 Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Fri May 02, 2014 7:25 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

It's like believing in Santa, it's not real.  If you are a full grown adult that believes in Santa, yah, pathetic is the word.

154Spezza won't be traded. - Page 11 Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Fri May 02, 2014 7:29 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Whoever resurrected all these threads is a troll and should be banned as such.

Also, Neely picking and choosing his old statements to prove how smart he is...lol.

155Spezza won't be traded. - Page 11 Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Fri May 02, 2014 9:21 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Whoever resurrected all these threads is a troll and should be banned as such.  

Also, Neely picking and choosing his old statements to prove how smart he is...lol.

I didn't pick and choose any statements...

156Spezza won't be traded. - Page 11 Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Fri May 02, 2014 11:51 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Price and Weber have won on the international stage. Hard for a d-man and a goalie any one player to win a cup on their own.

You're welcome.

157Spezza won't be traded. - Page 11 Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Fri May 02, 2014 8:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:
On the positive side, the fact that he's able to produce as much as he does without needing to blow by defenders or overpower them suggests that his production levels won't necessarily go down with age.

That's right, we're basically looking at what Heatley can do at age 35 right now.  And it's pretty diddling good IMO!   Ahhhhh!

So yeah, what you see is what you get for the next 6 years.  Perhaps if his knee gets better (I doubt it), he will excel even more, but 180 goals in the past 4 years is alright I guess.   Sarcasm

That was bang on. That was Heatley at age 35 we were seeing basically. He's having a slight comeback in these playoffs, but damn...the league changed and he was rendered useless.

158Spezza won't be traded. - Page 11 Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Fri May 02, 2014 9:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What are you talking about?  You were so completely wrong it's not funny.  You basically said that, because his game does not depend on speed he will continue scoring at this pace until his mid thirties.

159Spezza won't be traded. - Page 11 Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Fri May 02, 2014 9:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:What are you talking about?  You were so completely wrong it's not funny.  You basically said that, because his game does not depend on speed he will continue scoring at this pace until his mid thirties.

I said we're seeing Heatley at age 35 and I said that unless something went further wrong with him - which it obviously did - that was gonna be what you get. ie not a 50 goal guy anymore, but still someone who can put the puck in the net.

Which is exactly what happened. He never got close to 50 again, but he scored 25+ in SJ a couple of times.

160Spezza won't be traded. - Page 11 Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Fri May 02, 2014 9:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

In fact, it's so bang on it's not even funny lol.

39 goals in his last year in Ottawa, 39 goals the next year in SJ, 26 goals the next, 24 goals the next and a pace for ~24 in the lockout shortened season.

This was the year that he fell off the face of the earth, so sorry, I guessed 6 years and he did it for 4.

161Spezza won't be traded. - Page 11 Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Fri May 02, 2014 9:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

180 goals in 4 years is 45 goals a year. He wasn't close to that again.

Anyhow your comment was in reply to a poster who was said Heatley would not deteriorate, but he most certainly did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum