GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Isbister signs 1 year 2 way deal with sens

+9
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
Phoenix30
PKC
beerandsens
shabbs
Money Farmer
PTFlea
Snuh
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
PKC wrote:He's just a big body for Binghamton, and he brings some NHL experience if we ever have an emergency call-up need, not that I think he'd be first in line to get called up.

LOL. Not exactly a glowing endorsement for Brad.

He's this year's edition of Niko Dimitrakos.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

the mystery winger solved. case closed.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Snuh wrote:Just heard it on Team 1200

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/09/04/isbister_senators_signing/

Man, I gotta get me one of those rare AM radios. I'm commuting right during TGOR and the More-Ons (if they're still on?) Why don't any of the MP3 players have an AM tuner.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:the mystery winger solved. case closed.
Nope, the mystery winger in a Right Winger not a Left Winger. THis is a good depth signing for sure.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

jamvan wrote:
Nope, the mystery winger in a Right Winger not a Left Winger. THis is a good depth signing for sure.

6'4" 225 left winger? This guy got 42 points in 62 games playing for the Islanders. The Islanders! You've got to have some skill to do that. Imagine how much room he could clear for Speatley? Did I mention he's a *left* winger?

OK, I can dream, no? If Fisher/Foligno/Winchester don't work out on the top line, why not give Brad a few games?

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
jamvan wrote:

6'4" 225 left winger? This guy got 42 points in 62 games playing for the Islanders. The Islanders! You've got to have some skill to do that. Imagine how much room he could clear for Speatley? Did I mention he's a *left* winger?

OK, I can dream, no? If Fisher/Foligno/Winchester don't work out on the top line, why not give Brad a few games?
I hope Vancouver was just a bad situation for him, cause he has certainly lost a step.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:

LOL. Yes he is.

504Heater wrote:
PKC wrote:

LOL. Yes he is.

MEH, I would have liked him about 4 years ago. Now he is fodder for Bingo. Maybe push the young guys at camp but in the end I agree with Heater... nice pickup for Bingo. I am open to pleasant surprises however.

AlfieforPM

AlfieforPM
Prospect
Prospect

The first thought that comes to mind when I think about Isbister is Ewww. He's a pretty awful NHLer but at the AHL level he could be valuable with all the young guys expected to play in Bingo. I think this move means that Murray is expecting a young bingo player to make the team (Zubov maybe :D ) and he simply wants that player's spot filled while he is in the NHL. Bingo must make the playoffs this year for the fans sake. The forward lines in the AHL look like they'll be very potent offensively but the D is a little suspect. Hopefully they can shore that up and compete for a playoff spot or maybe a championship this year. It will be great experience for guys like Elliot.

wprager wrote:
jamvan wrote:

Suspect uhhhh that was in 2000......there is no way he is repeating that performance now. He is Bingo-bound - no doubt in my mind.

AlfieforPM

AlfieforPM
Prospect
Prospect

cash wrote:
wprager wrote:
jamvan wrote:

Suspect uhhhh that was in 2000......there is no way he is repeating that performance now. He is Bingo-bound - no doubt in my mind.
Totally agree. Unless we are completely ravaged by injuries he will not play in the NHL this year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

AlfieforPM wrote:The first thought that comes to mind when I think about Isbister is Ewww. He's a pretty awful NHLer but at the AHL level he could be valuable with all the young guys expected to play in Bingo. I think this move means that Murray is expecting a young bingo player to make the team (Zubov maybe :D ) and he simply wants that player's spot filled while he is in the NHL. Bingo must make the playoffs this year for the fans sake. The forward lines in the AHL look like they'll be very potent offensively but the D is a little suspect. Hopefully they can shore that up and compete for a playoff spot or maybe a championship this year. It will be great experience for guys like Elliot.

Bell and Picard should help the defense. As for the forwards, how many do they have on the roster now? Foligno and Winchester appear to be on the big club roster, and Bass and Zubov have a good chance to make it, too. The there's Regin, who may be more ready than we thought. What happens if Bass and/or Zubov pass the test along with Foligno and Winchester? We already have more forwards than we can carry, and Bingo probably not enough. We can't send McAmmond or Donovan or Neil to the AHL. I think the Murrays have some interesting choices to make in the next 4 weeks.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
AlfieforPM wrote:The first thought that comes to mind when I think about Isbister is Ewww. He's a pretty awful NHLer but at the AHL level he could be valuable with all the young guys expected to play in Bingo. I think this move means that Murray is expecting a young bingo player to make the team (Zubov maybe :D ) and he simply wants that player's spot filled while he is in the NHL. Bingo must make the playoffs this year for the fans sake. The forward lines in the AHL look like they'll be very potent offensively but the D is a little suspect. Hopefully they can shore that up and compete for a playoff spot or maybe a championship this year. It will be great experience for guys like Elliot.

Bell and Picard should help the defense. As for the forwards, how many do they have on the roster now? Foligno and Winchester appear to be on the big club roster, and Bass and Zubov have a good chance to make it, too. The there's Regin, who may be more ready than we thought. What happens if Bass and/or Zubov pass the test along with Foligno and Winchester? We already have more forwards than we can carry, and Bingo probably not enough. We can't send McAmmond or Donovan or Neil to the AHL. I think the Murrays have some interesting choices to make in the next 4 weeks.

This is the first year in a long while that I can remember that we have had some really, really strong competition for roster spots all across the board. By all accounts, most are saying Elliott could be ready sometime mid-season, that's another thing to think about. Even in case of injury this year, I don't feel so concerned knowing that we have quite a decent talent pool to draw from if need be.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Snuh wrote:Just heard it on Team 1200

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/09/04/isbister_senators_signing/

Man, I gotta get me one of those rare AM radios. I'm commuting right during TGOR and the More-Ons (if they're still on?) Why don't any of the MP3 players have an AM tuner.

If you have an iPod (the real Apple ones, not the Zune, or Zen, or whatever else is out there), you can get these little radio attachments at BestBuy. They definitely have FM; I am fairly sure they do AM as well. Belkin makes decent ones, other companies I'm not sure as I haven't tried. You can also get them from the Apple store. Tons of stuff there (best to figure what you want, then go to Best Buy or Future Crap, though, so you can return it if it turns out it's really a piece of dog poop.)

Also check what kind of cell phone you have. You might be surprised to find that it has radio capability, if its a newer one.

BTW More-Ons are trying to change their name - so far Sleepy Jeff has the best suggestion with 2-4-sports. They want a better name by Friday. I don't know what the prize is.

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

Snuh wrote:
Money Farmer wrote:Great signing! Big body for the front of the net Puking2

It's hard to say with this guy. He's never really lived up to his full potential IMO. Guess it's a low risk, high reward signing.

I can't see him suddenly living up to his potential. I see him either in the Bing or riding the pine most of the game. Depth signing only IMO.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

What I would like to see is how he plays with Hartsburg as a coach and on the top line in pre-season. Hopefully with his big body he can pick up the garbage goals that Heately doesn't score on. If he doesn't do well then you move him down the lines until he ends up in Bingo. The 2 way deal and low salary gives us that luxury. Low risk, High reward.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Isbister shouldn't get anywhere close to the top line. He doesn't have enough skill to stick up there. He's an emergency call-up, best case scenario for him.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:Isbister shouldn't get anywhere close to the top line. He doesn't have enough skill to stick up there. He's an emergency call-up, best case scenario for him.
Exactly, he just bolsters teh bingo lineup that should be pretty good this year

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum