GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SCP '09 GAME DAY: TUESDAY MAY 12--BOSTON AT CAROLINA, 7PM ET

+3
shabbs
SensFan71
davetherave
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

smart move by julien thinks he has the game under control and try to make sure savard is healthy for next game.....bruin take a penalty chance for the canes to pull into one

dave clobbers threads again Sad

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

boston back to the sin bin with 9 minutes left in the period canes are out shooting the bruins 11-3

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

HowieMorenz wrote:dave clobbers threads again Sad

Just adding some fresh input to keep the discussions moving... :D:

One of the perks of being semi-retired is disposable time to pursue your passions...

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

10 seconds left 4-2 bruins this series is going to a game 7

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:10 seconds left 4-2 bruins this series is going to a game 7

Interesting isn't it how Carolina outshot Boston 33-19?

The Canes came on very strong in the third period...wonder how they'll come out in Boston.

Should be an excellent Game 7.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

hopefully with some OT

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Didn't get to see much. How was Staal vs Chara? In the highlights they showed one play where Staal tried to hit Chara but Big Z just plowed him down behind the goal. Or did they try to keep Staal away from Chara?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Didn't get to see much. How was Staal vs Chara? In the highlights they showed one play where Staal tried to hit Chara but Big Z just plowed him down behind the goal. Or did they try to keep Staal away from Chara?

Staal and Chara pretty much went at it...Bruins were very well prepared--and of course motivated--to win this one.

What Paul Maurice said about this series is unfolding.

So glad we chose Reddn...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Check the shots tonight... 33-19 for Carolina. Wow!

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

boston was content to let carolina take the third period to them the seemed (now well justified) confident that thomas and the defense would not let the game slip away

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:boston was content to let carolina take the third period to them the seemed (now well justified) confident that thomas and the defense would not let the game slip away

As someone who picked Boston in the pool I'm a little concerned about the SOG discrepancy. They started out fast (7-4 SOG and 2-0 lead) but then let it slip away as Carolina raced to an 11-9 advantage by the end of the 1st, then 5-0 in the second, as they cut the lead to a single goal.

I can rationalize that, with a 3-1 lead the Hurricanes were throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Thomas, so some of those shots were probably not of the highest caliber. As a rationalization, that works. Still, I feel a little uneasy.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely4Life wrote:So glad we chose Reddn...

You should get a keyboard macro for that. We all should. Me, I was never a Redden fan, never saw anything special in him, and always wondered what I was missing. So for me it was not even a no-brainer to pick the biggest player in the league. I just can't figure out what Muckler was thinking, especially if what Murray has said since is even remotely close to what happened.

Last edited by wprager on Wed May 13, 2009 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

If I was a suicidal person, that very well could put me over the edge. Dumbest decision any team in the NHL has made in the last 10 years. That makes the Thornton trade (what they got back) look like a kings ransom.

Losing Chara put the Sens back 5-10 years, good for Boston though. They have a leader, the best D in the league, the best shot in the NHL, and a great person away from the rink.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum