GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jesse Winchester reaches out

+3
Cronie
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jesse Winchester reaches out Empty Jesse Winchester reaches out Fri May 08, 2009 11:10 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

From the Standard-Freeholder (Cornwall, ON):

NHL assist

Posted By KEVIN LAJOIE

Posted 3 hours ago

CORNWALL -- A local NHLer is lending his support to help launch the fundraiser for Cornwall's new multi-sports centre.
Long Sault native and Ottawa Senators forward Jesse Winchester will be the guest speaker at the Project 3 + 1 2010 kick-off breakfast on May 27 at the Cornwall Golf and Country Club.
The Project 3 + 1 2010 team is hoping to raise $2 million for the planned $30-million multi-sports centre, which will consist of three NHL-sized ice pads and an indoor soccer fieldhouse and tennis court.
Winchester admitted he's not familiar with all of the details of the planned arena project in Cornwall, but on the surface, he feels a new facility would represent a big step forward for the city.
"A new arena in the Cornwall area would be a great thing if it can be done," he said. "We have a few arenas, but not any that are comparable to other cities."
Winchester - who played his junior hockey with the Colts at the Si Miller Arena - said the old arena on Water Street was "the best," but it's starting to show its age.
Project 3 +1 2010 president Scott Lecky - who announced the kick-off breakfast Thursday - said Winchester has built a career on hard work and dedication, and he is the perfect candidate to help launch the fundraiser.
Lecky said officials hope to make the fundraiser a community-wide event, and contributions of any amount will be welcomed.
"We really feel confident that the community is going to adopt it," he added.
Pledge forms will be made available at the kick-off breakfast, and the fundraiser website will also be unveiled at the event. Lecky said the group is also hoping to make some announcements about donations at the breakfast meeting.
The fundraiser already has some $300,000 in pledges, including $250,000 from the Destination Marketing Fee (DMF), a new hotel room tax in Cornwall.

On a personal note, Jesse Winchester was in Morrisburg to sign autographs at a local trade show. My son got my jersey signed as well as his hat and took a photo. My son described Jesse as "huge".

2Jesse Winchester reaches out Empty Re: Jesse Winchester reaches out Fri May 08, 2009 11:19 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

good on Jesse for stepping up in the community, can imagine this guy is huge, he hits like a mack truck.

3Jesse Winchester reaches out Empty Re: Jesse Winchester reaches out Fri May 08, 2009 11:22 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Atta-boy Winchester!

I am SO glad Murray brought this kid into the fold. He is and will continue to be a fantastic addition to the Senators!

4Jesse Winchester reaches out Empty Re: Jesse Winchester reaches out Fri May 08, 2009 11:25 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:good on Jesse for stepping up in the community, can imagine this guy is huge, he hits like a mack truck.

I'm around minor hockey kids quite a bit. Make no mistake, they take notice when a local guy who walked in their shoes once makes it.

Also, Morrisburg is a rural anglophone community. Which hateful team do you think has a foothold there?

Winchester is accelerating the pace of growing the Ottawa fanbase along the Seaway. Believe it.

5Jesse Winchester reaches out Empty Re: Jesse Winchester reaches out Fri May 08, 2009 11:40 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:good on Jesse for stepping up in the community, can imagine this guy is huge, he hits like a mack truck.

I'm around minor hockey kids quite a bit. Make no mistake, they take notice when a local guy who walked in their shoes once makes it.

Also, Morrisburg is a rural anglophone community. Which hateful team do you think has a foothold there?

Winchester is accelerating the pace of growing the Ottawa fanbase along the Seaway. Believe it.

I am guessing that team you were referring to rhymes with "beefs" eh? glad to see a fine young man like this can diversify the fan base in your area, plus he gives the kids hope that if they work hard, they can make it just like he did.

6Jesse Winchester reaches out Empty Re: Jesse Winchester reaches out Fri May 08, 2009 12:51 pm

Great to see another community guy and someone who cares about others. Looks like Murray is putting the right people in the right places in Ottawa.

Fisher, Phillips, and now you can add Winchester to the list of guys that care about the Senators and the community surrounding them, even if it is an hour away!

7Jesse Winchester reaches out Empty Re: Jesse Winchester reaches out Fri May 08, 2009 12:52 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Great to see another community guy and someone who cares about others. Looks like Murray is putting the right people in the right places in Ottawa.

Fisher, Phillips, and now you can add Winchester to the list of guys that care about the Senators and the community surrounding them, even if it is an hour away!

IMO, these are the kind of guys you can NEVER have too many of.

Kudos to Winchester (I refuse to call him the Rifleman).

8Jesse Winchester reaches out Empty Re: Jesse Winchester reaches out Fri May 08, 2009 2:20 pm

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:From the Standard-Freeholder (Cornwall, ON):

NHL assist

Posted By KEVIN LAJOIE

Posted 3 hours ago

CORNWALL -- A local NHLer is lending his support to help launch the fundraiser for Cornwall's new multi-sports centre.
Long Sault native and Ottawa Senators forward Jesse Winchester will be the guest speaker at the Project 3 + 1 2010 kick-off breakfast on May 27 at the Cornwall Golf and Country Club.
The Project 3 + 1 2010 team is hoping to raise $2 million for the planned $30-million multi-sports centre, which will consist of three NHL-sized ice pads and an indoor soccer fieldhouse and tennis court.
Winchester admitted he's not familiar with all of the details of the planned arena project in Cornwall, but on the surface, he feels a new facility would represent a big step forward for the city.
"A new arena in the Cornwall area would be a great thing if it can be done," he said. "We have a few arenas, but not any that are comparable to other cities."
Winchester - who played his junior hockey with the Colts at the Si Miller Arena - said the old arena on Water Street was "the best," but it's starting to show its age.
Project 3 +1 2010 president Scott Lecky - who announced the kick-off breakfast Thursday - said Winchester has built a career on hard work and dedication, and he is the perfect candidate to help launch the fundraiser.
Lecky said officials hope to make the fundraiser a community-wide event, and contributions of any amount will be welcomed.
"We really feel confident that the community is going to adopt it," he added.
Pledge forms will be made available at the kick-off breakfast, and the fundraiser website will also be unveiled at the event. Lecky said the group is also hoping to make some announcements about donations at the breakfast meeting.
The fundraiser already has some $300,000 in pledges, including $250,000 from the Destination Marketing Fee (DMF), a new hotel room tax in Cornwall.

On a personal note, Jesse Winchester was in Morrisburg to sign autographs at a local trade show. My son got my jersey signed as well as his hat and took a photo. My son described Jesse as "huge".
Great kid him and Carkner down in bingo cark,s older brother is a legend in my home town. Jesse has a lot of friends here too, both are stand up guys for sure Smile

9Jesse Winchester reaches out Empty Re: Jesse Winchester reaches out Fri May 08, 2009 2:49 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

top shelf15 wrote:On a personal note, Jesse Winchester was in Morrisburg to sign autographs at a local trade show. My son got my jersey signed as well as his hat and took a photo. My son described Jesse as "huge".
Great kid him and Carkner down in bingo cark,s older brother is a legend in my home town. Jesse has a lot of friends here too, both are stand up guys for sure Smile[/quote]

My son plays against a female Carkner. She's a lotta woman... lol

As you know, Jesse played for the Winchester Hawks. Apparently, he couldn't make the Morrisburg Lions so he ended up there.

10Jesse Winchester reaches out Empty Re: Jesse Winchester reaches out Fri May 08, 2009 3:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That is absolutely fantastic. Good for him.

11Jesse Winchester reaches out Empty Re: Jesse Winchester reaches out Fri May 08, 2009 5:17 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Good stuff.... I always like to hear of professional athlete's givin back to the community!

12Jesse Winchester reaches out Empty Re: Jesse Winchester reaches out Fri May 08, 2009 5:28 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

definately the kind of guy the team needs always greta to have guys who give back to the comunity

13Jesse Winchester reaches out Empty Re: Jesse Winchester reaches out Sat May 09, 2009 2:37 pm

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:
top shelf15 wrote:On a personal note, Jesse Winchester was in Morrisburg to sign autographs at a local trade show. My son got my jersey signed as well as his hat and took a photo. My son described Jesse as "huge".
Great kid him and Carkner down in bingo cark,s older brother is a legend in my home town. Jesse has a lot of friends here too, both are stand up guys for sure Smile

My son plays against a female Carkner. She's a lotta woman... lol

As you know, Jesse played for the Winchester Hawks. Apparently, he couldn't make the Morrisburg Lions so he ended up there.[/quote]Are you implying that the lions are better than the hawk,s lol 🇬🇬 :^^^^: Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum