GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Jesse Winchester Recognition Thread

+3
SensFan71
Hayden
PTFlea
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Jesse Winchester Recognition Thread Empty The Jesse Winchester Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:55 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The one guy that I always thought did a lot better under a defense first system of Hartsburg has started to show signs of life under Clouston.

He is a big, sturdy kid who doesn't mind taking a hit to make a play - and certainly doesn't mind dishing out a hit to make a play. No further evidence is required than the 3rd period of the Sens/Habs tilt last night. First he corals the puck, gets it to Fisher who gets it to Heatley for a tie game, then he blast Janik into the boards and it produces a 2 on 1 - with Heatley burying the winning goal.

Not done there though, was he? :D: He absolutely outmatched and destroyed Koivu at the side of the net in the dying seconds of the game - something that will not go unnoticed is that Clouston was willing to put him out there in the final seconds to begin with.

Heatley - Fisher - Winchester might read as a welfare version of Nash - Getzlaf - Heatley, but it's still 3 big, big dudes who love to create havoc. Now, granted, this is the first time we've seen any sustained time with this line, but it's a fun line to watch against smaller oppositions.

Whether or not Jesse stays there, or if he's put back on 3rd and 4th line duty - he doesn't complain, he comes to play every night and he's a great checker.

So with that, I salute you Jesse. :KKK:

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

So glad someone finally posted one of these for him. He hasn't got enough credit for how much he's grown as an NHLer this year.

Last night was a great night for him - looking forward to more from him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hayden wrote:So glad someone finally posted one of these for him. He hasn't got enough credit for how much he's grown as an NHLer this year.

Last night was a great night for him - looking forward to more from him.

Me too. He can certainly do it - just ask Koivu and Janik :D:

PS, anyone can make one of these threads at any time. Feel free!

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

he was a monster last night, and you know, I criticize this guy way too much for not being offensive enough, but you know, he is much better at the banging the opposing D senseless, so my criticism was really unfair and unfounded, shame on me. keep it up jesse.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's a cheaper Schubert, with better puck-handling skills, especially on the boards. And I don't mean "Schubert the defenseman"; I mean "Schubert the nasty 4th line banger". With better skills he can play regularly on the third line and once in a while slum it in the top-six. Smile

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was in AWE of his shifts last night. You know how some players have that natural ability to read plays, follow the flow of the game and pounce with cat-like reflexes to anticipate a move? Well, it suddenly dawned on me that Jesse is getting better and better at choosing when and where to smack the s**t out of a player... He seems to be getting or developing a keener eye to knowing when to lay the body and when to just move them aside...

Last night, his hits looked thought-out and yet punishing and spontaneous all at once. Great Job Jesse. I hope you dorn a Sens Jersey for quite some time...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:The one guy that I always thought did a lot better under a defense first system of Hartsburg has started to show signs of life under Clouston.

Good observation. I noticed that Clouston didn't seem to like Winchester at first, but he just can't help warming up to him I suppose.

I'm biased because he's local, but he's a good player. Still some untapped potential or upside, if you will, to look forward to. He can literally gift-wrap a goal for his linemates from time to time.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Good observation. I noticed that Clouston didn't seem to like Winchester at first, but he just can't help warming up to him I suppose.

I'm biased because he's local, but he's a good player. Still some untapped potential or upside, if you will, to look forward to. He can literally gift-wrap a goal for his linemates from time to time.

I wonder why he didn't react as well to Clouston? Perhaps Clouston wanted a more all-out attack and Winchester had settled into his defensive forward role by then?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Bryan Murray sure look better and bertter after every game under Clouston. Shannon, Ruutu, WInchester, Campoli...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:Bryan Murray sure look better and bertter after every game under Clouston. Shannon, Ruutu, WInchester, Campoli...

Clouston the Job-saver?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Certainly. I mean, cmon, the guy makes every damn coach that he faces look like a rookie, and he is supposed to be the underdog...

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I wonder why he didn't react as well to Clouston? Perhaps Clouston wanted a more all-out attack and Winchester had settled into his defensive forward role by then?

not certain, but I always say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, you do what you do Jesse and we will love the hits for years to come, he's his own rock em sock em highlight reel.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum