GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

IIHF: Semi-Finals: Canada vs Sweden - 2:15pm EST - Fri. May 8th, 2009

+6
pgood
Cronie
SensGirl11
Phoenix30
SensFan71
shabbs
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It could have been. Seriously, it's like 'they' were bouncing in bullet-time or something! LMAO!!

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Uh-OH!

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

my stream froze, so now relying on that stupid updating box the IIHF gives, just tells me Oshie got a penalty.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

one minute left empty net for USA

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

ruskie win

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:ruskie win

wow am hoping now we get past the Swedes so it will be a rematch of last year, bring it on Sweden so we can face the Russians.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Can Canada not only bring it to defeat the Swedes but also redeem their loss from last year (stupid penalty from NASH 🇬🇬 ) and bring home the gold??

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:Can Canada not only bring it to defeat the Swedes but also redeem their loss from last year (stupid penalty from NASH 🇬🇬 ) and bring home the gold??

we have to be that monster goalie from Sweden first, he was lights out against the Czechs, should be interesting how he will be able to handle our offense, St. Louis, Stamkos, Heater, and Spezz are all up there in scoring in the tourney.

IMO, today does not look good for Canada... Unless they Canadians can stay on the PP I think they are going to struggle to put forth a consistant forcheck against a very defensivly frustrating team.

We'll see how this team respondes if there is a little adversity thrown their way.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely4Life wrote:IMO, today does not look good for Canada... Unless they Canadians can stay on the PP I think they are going to struggle to put forth a consistant forcheck against a very defensivly frustrating team.

We'll see how this team respondes if there is a little adversity thrown their way.
I think we'll see a whole different Canadian team today.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:IMO, today does not look good for Canada... Unless they Canadians can stay on the PP I think they are going to struggle to put forth a consistant forcheck against a very defensivly frustrating team.

I think we'll see a whole different Canadian team today.

am agreed on that one, they know what is at stake, lose, you play for the bronze, no one wants the bronze, except maybe the US now.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:they made an announcement for the fans to put away a whistle someone was using to disrupt the players

:^^^^: That's hilarious! I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. Talk about a great way to change a game. Wink

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

lindy has made line changes
Heater-SPezz-Doan
ST louis-Stamkos-Roy

Doan with Spezza and Heatley, an extremely smart move on Ruff's part. We all know exactly why is he playing with those two and could very well turn out to be a move that makes the difference in the game.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Roloson is in net.

The line changes are to give each line a "defensive" quality and it looks like Ruff isn't going to match lines. Just roll 'em.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

they did come out and say that it was for defensive responsibility

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:lindy has made line changes
Heater-SPezz-Doan
ST louis-Stamkos-Roy