GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Markus Naslund To Retire

+6
caissie_1
pgood
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Nasty Nas
dennycrane
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Markus Naslund To Retire Empty Markus Naslund To Retire Sun May 03, 2009 12:19 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Allegedly...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/thewire/hockey/2009/05/03/naslund_to_skate_off/

2Markus Naslund To Retire Empty Re: Markus Naslund To Retire Sun May 03, 2009 12:21 pm

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

damn lucky Sather. Now he just has to hope Redden does the same
and 2 of his biggest mistakes will have been taken care of.

Talk about a player who dropped off Substantially. He was pretty awesome with Vancouver for a while.

3Markus Naslund To Retire Empty Re: Markus Naslund To Retire Sun May 03, 2009 2:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He turned it up pretty big for the Rangers down the stretch. 4.5 million is a lot for a 50 point guy, but it's certainly not one of four or five contracts the Rangers would prefer to see disappear.

4Markus Naslund To Retire Empty Re: Markus Naslund To Retire Sun May 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

if it is true then the rangers get more cap space which makes life q little easier for them.....to bad Naslund had such a bad year he was pretty great player back when he was in Vancouver

5Markus Naslund To Retire Empty Re: Markus Naslund To Retire Sun May 03, 2009 3:11 pm

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

At what age does your cap hit still apply even if you retire. I thought it was around 35, but evidently its not 35. So anyone know what the magic number on that is?

edit: Evidently the magic number is 35. But it is only if the player is 35 or older when they sign the contract. The age at which you retire has nothing to do with the situation.

6Markus Naslund To Retire Empty Re: Markus Naslund To Retire Sun May 03, 2009 3:42 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

So is that gonna count against the cap??? If not the Rangers get some much needed cap releif.

7Markus Naslund To Retire Empty Re: Markus Naslund To Retire Sun May 03, 2009 3:57 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

The Rangers will free up 4 million in cap space for next season. If they have a rookie take Naslund's spot at around 1 million, that frees up 3 mil to spend on another overpriced defenceman in July.

8Markus Naslund To Retire Empty Re: Markus Naslund To Retire Sun May 03, 2009 3:59 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Ohh you know the Rangers will overspend that extra money :D:

9Markus Naslund To Retire Empty Re: Markus Naslund To Retire Sun May 03, 2009 4:02 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

they may not be able to get a free agent since they still have a lot of players to sign

10Markus Naslund To Retire Empty Re: Markus Naslund To Retire Sun May 03, 2009 4:53 pm

This seems fishy to me. :??:

11Markus Naslund To Retire Empty Re: Markus Naslund To Retire Sun May 03, 2009 5:21 pm

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:This seems fishy to me. :??:

Fishy indeed tuk ... i think naslund still has a few years in the tank ... a good defensive forward if anything ...

12Markus Naslund To Retire Empty Re: Markus Naslund To Retire Sun May 03, 2009 6:06 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

could just be he doesnt want to play some guys do just lose the love to play after so long...everyone is not like chelios who plays while he is 47

13Markus Naslund To Retire Empty Re: Markus Naslund To Retire Sun May 03, 2009 8:00 pm

A player needs to be 35 or older when he signs in order for his salary to count on the cap after he retires.

14Markus Naslund To Retire Empty Re: Markus Naslund To Retire Sun May 03, 2009 8:06 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

My bet is he plays in the Swedish Elite League and goes to Vancouver with the national team.

15Markus Naslund To Retire Empty Re: Markus Naslund To Retire Mon May 04, 2009 8:34 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:My bet is he plays in the Swedish Elite League and goes to Vancouver with the national team.

you may very well be right on this one, he probably will make oodles of money in his homeland, more than he would get here due to the taxation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum