GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alfie to Retire??

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alfie to Retire?? Empty Alfie to Retire?? Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:12 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

Just found this on a pretty legitimate website

IF he did retire at the end of this season, where does this team go moving forward?

Who is the captain? Phillips, Fisher, Spezza?

It would be another 4.8 million to spend on an UFA-who do we target?

Are any of us ready for this??

Let the rumours of Alfie's retirement commence.
by dzuunmod on Sep 8, 2010 5:10 PM EDT 4 comments

It's starting to show up in some other Sens blogs now, so we might as well discuss it here: Erin Nicks (Sens blogger at the Universal Cynic and former MSM scribe) has made mention on her Twitter account of the possibility that Alfie could retire at the end of this season.

She cites unnamed sources that claim #11 has been discussing it with his friends.

Nicks isn't known for peddling ridiculous rumours, so this seems worth throwing out there.

Silver Seven Website.

2Alfie to Retire?? Empty Re: Alfie to Retire?? Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:12 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Unfortunately his cap hit will remain as he signed after 35. I will not be putting any stock into it until the day it happens. If he does then good for him and if stays on great for the team.

3Alfie to Retire?? Empty Re: Alfie to Retire?? Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:02 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Just a week ago, he was on the radio and said he would take it year by year...

4Alfie to Retire?? Empty Re: Alfie to Retire?? Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If he retires, he retires -- we'll take it as it comes. His contract situation is interesting to say the least -- what with the "buy out" and all. I have to trust him to not do anything that would put the team in a bad situation. Maybe if he retires it will be from a chronic condition or injury that would allow the team to clear the cap.

Plus the CBA expires after this season and we're facing a strike or another lockout for 2012.

Hey, didn't the Mayans predict the end of the world in 2012? Never knew they were hockey fans.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum