GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME OF THE NIGHT: Carolina Hurricanes at Boston Bruins, Sunday, May 3, 2009, 730pm ET

+2
Hockeyhero22000
davetherave
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

The Canes have slain the Bruins in their lair...3-nothing.

:****:

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

BS non-goal call, but besides that, Cam Ward may have 'officially' arrived in my books. I know he won the Conn Smythe and was amazing, but he struggled for seasons after that - and I never really took him too seriously.

But this post-season (and down the stretch), I've seen some incredible things from him.

Not completely sold yet, but this might be a real good sign for Carolina.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:BS non-goal call, but besides that, Cam Ward may have 'officially' arrived in my books. I know he won the Conn Smythe and was amazing, but he struggled for seasons after that - and I never really took him too seriously.

But this post-season (and down the stretch), I've seen some incredible things from him.

Not completely sold yet, but this might be a real good sign for Carolina.

Gee Heater, I guess the fact Ward's a Stanley Cup Champion goalie doesn't impress you either.

Wink

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Pfft, any goalie can win the Cup in their rookie season when they have a star-studded blue-line like he had.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Now all teams that went 5-0 to start the playoffs have lost their game 6.

Detroit probably came closest to winning it, though. Razz

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
Gee Heater, I guess the fact Ward's a Stanley Cup Champion goalie doesn't impress you either.

Wink

No, that was amazing, but I need to see the rigours of a full schedule of being 'the man', then coming into the playoffs as 'the man'. A lot of things can happen when you throw someone that young into a playoffs and tell him to do his best. He can do what Ward did - albeit very rarely - or he can be average and get better - or he can go on to be nothing special.

Frankly, for me anyway, up until this stretch drive from Carolina, Ward was in the 'nothing special' books for me. This is just a big, big opportunity for Cam Ward to be legitimized as a Grade A goalie - first he guides his team into the playoffs, then he raises his game even higher when the playoffs arrive.

This series will be a true test as to whether or not Ward's got the tools to put everything together consistently and start to become a rock back there for the Canes.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Wink

No, that was amazing, but I need to see the rigours of a full schedule of being 'the man', then coming into the playoffs as 'the man'. A lot of things can happen when you throw someone that young into a playoffs and tell him to do his best. He can do what Ward did - albeit very rarely - or he can be average and get better - or he can go on to be nothing special.

Frankly, for me anyway, up until this stretch drive from Carolina, Ward was in the 'nothing special' books for me. This is just a big, big opportunity for Cam Ward to be legitimized as a Grade A goalie - first he guides his team into the playoffs, then he raises his game even higher when the playoffs arrive.

This series will be a true test as to whether or not Ward's got the tools to put everything together consistently and start to become a rock back there for the Canes.

Well if Ward posting his second shutout in the playoffs so far--against two of the league's top teams--and having four career playoff goose-eggs so far doesn't impress you...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That was the "Ward show" last night for sure. But, can he keep it up?

Wink

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:That was the "Ward show" last night for sure. But, can he keep it up?

Wink

shall be interesting to see, and big bonus, more coverage of the "Storm Squad" for the next two, if the games are boring, at least looking at them might help a bit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum