GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans

+9
andyman998
shabbs
Cronie
caissie_1
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
The Silfer Server
SensGirl11
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:38 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:

People who talk about BS when they come to a game. How much their house costs, how much their groceries are, what they're doing Saturday night. And they WANT you to hear it, they talk loud. How can you talk about BS at a game? Aren't you into it? I don't get it. 🇬🇬

My brother in law gave me his tickets (level 200, row-B) to a Leafs game last year, for my kid's birthday present. These two guys in row A ahead of us, obviously well-off (judging from their clothes) and obviously a little inebriated from downing a few before the game, stood and talked through both National Anthems. When O Canada came up and they were *still* talking I started singing louder and louder, leaning in closer and closer to them. By the time we came to the last couple of bars I was about 4 inches from the guy's ear and I went for the high note.

Too bad he was too drunk to notice.

32Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:41 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

andyman998 wrote:People who wear Leaf jerseys and try to start a "Go Leafs Go" chant at a Sens-Panthers game

You just don't get their sense of humour! :D:

33Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:41 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
andyman998 wrote:People who wear Leaf jerseys and try to start a "Go Leafs Go" chant at a Sens-Panthers game

People who wear any Jersey of a team not playing at that game.

Fans of any team that don't even play hockey ... like the Leafs.

34Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Mon May 24, 2010 3:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

People who say, "It's just a game."

Yes, I understand that, it is just a game, but I'm very passionate about this game and I choose to go batsh*t sometimes. The people who say this are 'casual' fans and could never 'get' the die-hards like me, my wife and most of the people on this site I would reckon.

Gag

35Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:39 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have some pet peeves:

-people referring to players as "pieces"
-people spelling lose with two o's
-Dean Brown's voice

36Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:50 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Referring to a goalie or goaltender as one of - goaler, goal keeper or net minder

- Unknown Author

37Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Referring to a goalie or goaltender as one of - goaler, goal keeper or net minder

"Backstop" -- used as both a noun and a verb.

38Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:51 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

How about fans who act like a former player meant nothing to the team and the mere mention of his name is like you committed the most horrible crime to think of?

A guy on my hockey team is also a Sens fan and if I even bring up Heatley he acts like he has never heard of the guy before. Kind of silly if you ask me, and to deny that when he was on our team that we were a better offensive team than when what we are now is crazy.

39Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Who? Shrug

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum