GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans

+9
andyman998
shabbs
Cronie
caissie_1
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
The Silfer Server
SensGirl11
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:03 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

Cronie wrote:Oh, and idiots who take yelling to the refs or coaches a LITTLE too far... I mean, you want to make one wise-crack or yell something like YOU MORON or IDIOT, to me fine, if you must, but to go on a 10 minute tirade about how effin' inept they are and they should do them and the entire league a favor and go home and eat a gun ought to be pushed down a banister coated with razor blades and soaked in lemon juice... Seriously, I was at a midget AAA playoff game last year and at least 3 Hockey Dads and one Hockey mom after the final buzzer had sounded went on a tirade about the Ref about how good did he feel that he singlehandedly f**ked his son's life and aspirations! and they ALL called him names that made my George Carlin, Denis Leary, The Diceman (among others favorites) desensitized ears blush!! Seriously, sit the F**k down!!

That especially pisses me off when they have other children sitting next to them. Children learn to socialize from their parents, what exactly do these parents think they are teaching them in this situation?

17Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:09 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:
Cronie wrote:Oh, and idiots who take yelling to the refs or coaches a LITTLE too far... I mean, you want to make one wise-crack or yell something like YOU MORON or IDIOT, to me fine, if you must, but to go on a 10 minute tirade about how effin' inept they are and they should do them and the entire league a favor and go home and eat a gun ought to be pushed down a banister coated with razor blades and soaked in lemon juice... Seriously, I was at a midget AAA playoff game last year and at least 3 Hockey Dads and one Hockey mom after the final buzzer had sounded went on a tirade about the Ref about how good did he feel that he singlehandedly f**ked his son's life and aspirations! and they ALL called him names that made my George Carlin, Denis Leary, The Diceman (among others favorites) desensitized ears blush!! Seriously, sit the F**k down!!

That especially pisses me off when they have other children sitting next to them. Children learn to socialize from their parents, what exactly do these parents think they are teaching them in this situation?

oh I agree with you on all counts Bass, its a shame that anyone can be a parent, but you have to pass a test to have a driver's license, there are a lot of bad parents out there and the only ones that suffer are the kids. Now I am not saying I am perfect, I never will be the perfect parent, but I never make a scene in front of my son, or even in front of my wife for that matter, and I especially do not swear in front of them. Now if I was on my own, different story and the person coming at me better shut the Diddle up. 🇬🇬

18Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:51 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Cronie wrote:Ole chanting when I'm NOT watching an actual football game in Europe for one...

Drunken fans who spill their brew or food on you and act like it's perfectly o.k. in these tight quarters... no, it's not o.k. plus, if you weren't jumping up and down so much that your man-tits are stealing the show, perhaps your nachos and cheese would not have flown across a row of seats and landed smack-dab in some poor kids lap who's parents now have put her on a therapist's couch twice a week because she's unable to comprehend how a man has bigger breasts than she does...

Oh, and idiots who take yelling to the refs or coaches a LITTLE too far... I mean, you want to make one wise-crack or yell something like YOU MORON or IDIOT, to me fine, if you must, but to go on a 10 minute tirade about how effin' inept they are and they should do them and the entire league a favor and go home and eat a gun ought to be pushed down a banister coated with razor blades and soaked in lemon juice... Seriously, I was at a midget AAA playoff game last year and at least 3 Hockey Dads and one Hockey mom after the final buzzer had sounded went on a tirade about the Ref about how good did he feel that he singlehandedly f**ked his son's life and aspirations! and they ALL called him names that made my George Carlin, Denis Leary, The Diceman (among others favorites) desensitized ears blush!! Seriously, sit the F**k down!!

I could go on, but I need to take a breath!!

I nominate this as post of the day! :^^^^: Ahhhhh!

19Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:02 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Fans yelling instructions to the players.
HA HA! Oh man... like on the PP..

"SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!"

"SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!'

"Why aren't they SHOOTING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

Good times.

20Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:04 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

^ that's a good one. I do that quite a bit. Sarcasm

21Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:22 pm

andyman998

andyman998
Prospect
Prospect

People who wear Leaf jerseys and try to start a "Go Leafs Go" chant at a Sens-Panthers game

22Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:28 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

andyman998 wrote:People who wear Leaf jerseys and try to start a "Go Leafs Go" chant at a Sens-Panthers game

People who wear any Jersey of a team not playing at that game.

- Unknown Author

23Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:47 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

andyman998 wrote:People who wear Leaf jerseys and try to start a "Go Leafs Go" chant at a Sens-Panthers game

OMG, yes! Those are the worst. They seem quite confused.

Anyone wearing any kind of jersey of another team that isn't playing that night, even if they don't chant, is sad.

I saw a guy at the Washington/NYR game last night with a bright orange Philly jersey on. Very confusing.

24Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:53 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:

OMG, yes! Those are the worst. They seem quite confused.

Anyone wearing any kind of jersey of another team that isn't playing that night, even if they don't chant, is sad.

I saw a guy at the Washington/NYR game last night with a bright orange Philly jersey on. Very confusing.

Wasn't there a guy in a Leafs jersey at the Sens Skills Competition a year or so ago? :^^^^: Shrug

25Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Totally. Or any jersey of a team not playing. Dumb.

26Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:01 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:

Totally. Or any jersey of a team not playing. Dumb.

What's even worse, is the jersey of another sport! GO Yankees.

27Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:10 pm

maybe this is a Sault thing, but the drunk guy trying to start a fight with a player as they are tryin to leave. Also people who enjoy blaring the music on their cell phones...no one gives a Dung about the Jonas brothers song you downloaded last night and felt we should all hear.

kill yourself...NOW!!

28Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:13 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:maybe this is a Sault thing, but the drunk guy trying to start a fight with a player as they are tryin to leave. Also people who enjoy blaring the music on their cell phones...no one gives a Dung about the Jonas brothers song you downloaded last night and felt we should all hear.

kill yourself...NOW!!

I bet your opinion of them would change if they grew mustaches!!! Hahaha. ugh, they are so bad.

29Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:27 pm

Bass Destruction wrote:
The Guy With The Mustache wrote:maybe this is a Sault thing, but the drunk guy trying to start a fight with a player as they are tryin to leave. Also people who enjoy blaring the music on their cell phones...no one gives a Dung about the Jonas brothers song you downloaded last night and felt we should all hear.

kill yourself...NOW!!

I bet your opinion of them would change if they could grow mustaches!!! Hahaha. ugh, they are so bad.

Fixed Sarcasm

But seriously, they're so deep in the closet there having adventures in Narnia. cool)

30Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:29 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:

kill yourself...NOW!!

I bet your opinion of them would change if they could grow mustaches!!! Hahaha. ugh, they are so bad.

Fixed Sarcasm

But seriously, they're so deep in the closet there having adventures in Narnia. cool)

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

31Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:

People who talk about BS when they come to a game. How much their house costs, how much their groceries are, what they're doing Saturday night. And they WANT you to hear it, they talk loud. How can you talk about BS at a game? Aren't you into it? I don't get it. 🇬🇬

My brother in law gave me his tickets (level 200, row-B) to a Leafs game last year, for my kid's birthday present. These two guys in row A ahead of us, obviously well-off (judging from their clothes) and obviously a little inebriated from downing a few before the game, stood and talked through both National Anthems. When O Canada came up and they were *still* talking I started singing louder and louder, leaning in closer and closer to them. By the time we came to the last couple of bars I was about 4 inches from the guy's ear and I went for the high note.

Too bad he was too drunk to notice.

32Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You just don't get their sense of humour! :D:

33Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Pet Peeves about Hockey Fans Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

People who wear any Jersey of a team not playing at that game.

Fans of any team that don't even play hockey ... like the Leafs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum