GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME OF THE NIGHT: New York Rangers at Washington Capitals, Tuesday April 28 2009, 700pm ET

+7
shabbs
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
Cronie
SensFan71
PTFlea
davetherave
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Prince Simeon is the New King.

:%%:

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

And the victory is thanks to the first goal in the series of 20-year veteran 40-year old Sergei Viktorovich Fedorov...perhaps the sweetest goal of his career.

Na zdarovye!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I'm in first!

All this series proves to me is that the Caps aren't as good as many think they are. Matched up against Boston....lites out Caps...and very quickly. The Rangers aren't anywhere close to as good as Boston and they took the Caps to the brink.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:All this series proves to me is that the Caps aren't as good as many think they are. Matched up against Boston....lites out Caps...and very quickly. The Rangers aren't anywhere close to as good as Boston and they took the Caps to the brink.

Well, we will see what The Red Army is made of when they meet The Pingu Posse.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:All this series proves to me is that the Caps aren't as good as many think they are. Matched up against Boston....lites out Caps...and very quickly. The Rangers aren't anywhere close to as good as Boston and they took the Caps to the brink.

I think you are greatly underrating Lundqvist's role in this series. Almost to the point of disrespecting his effort.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:

Well, we will see what The Red Army is made of when they meet The Pingu Posse.

What a great series this should be. Two exciting young teams with some feuds between them:

Crosby not liking OV's antics
OV saying Crosby should talk less
The on-ice Ovechkin - Malkin feud
Semin asking what's so special about Crosby

Should be a fast-paced, high-scoring, heated series, although I think the Pens will probably pull it out.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Also, Nicklas Backstrom is friggin' awesome.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

They're good. May be you underestimate Lundqvist and Tortorella?

asq2 wrote:Also, Nicklas Backstrom is friggin' awesome.

Absolutly insane how good that kid is going to be, and surprisingly physical.

marakh wrote:

They're good. May be you underestimate Lundqvist and Tortorella?

No I appreciate Lundqvist's efforts. I just don't think Washington is as good as people want to believe. If Washington think they can get away with the effort they showed for almost half of this series, they have little chance to beat a team like Boston. The Rangers PP was brutal. Simply Brutal.

For the record, I think the Pens will beat them. Talk about a dream matchup for the league for sure.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

A Pens-Bruins final? Battle of Black & Gold...

IMHO the key to the second round is goaltending, goaltending, goaltending.

Marky Flowers Vs Crown Prince Varlamov.

:##:

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

shabbs wrote:I think the Caps are going to light up the Rags tonight...
Well, they didn't light 'em up but they got the win and were the better team.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:

I think you are greatly underrating Lundqvist's role in this series. Almost to the point of disrespecting his effort.

I took it in the opposite way PKC. I took it as suggesting that the team as a whole weren't great and if not for outstanding early play by Lundqvist this series would have been done sooner and in favour of the Caps.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy Dung, Drury played the entire series with a broken hand. Ahhhhh!

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
asq2 wrote:Also, Nicklas Backstrom is friggin' awesome.

Absolutly insane how good that kid is going to be, and surprisingly physical.

Every time I watch him, I see Peter Forsberg...it's uncanny.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum