GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray on Nycholat and one way deals

+6
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
Mojo
rooneypoo
jamvan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Murray on Nycholat and one way deals - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray on Nycholat and one way deals Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:34 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:I doubt we'd scout him for a year, sign him to a 1-way contract out of college despite about 20 other teams trying to do likewise and then just turn around and trade him after training camp.

PS. I assumed you were talking about Winchester.

I took that as Jamvan being facetious and actually implying that Murray does exactly what he says (although he usually doesn't say anything until after it's done). Which means Winchester is close to a lock to get a spot.

Which makes me wonder why we still have Neil, McAmmond and Donovan. Or are we going to carry a 22 or 23-man roster?

"Hey, Mr. Melnyk, remember how I saved you $800K yesterday by trading Nycholat? Well, I think it could be really well spent by keeping an extra player up with the club. "

P.S. I posted elsewhere that I thought it was Murray that gave Nycholat that one-way contract, but then I read somewhere else that that was one of Muckler's parting gifts.

17Murray on Nycholat and one way deals - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray on Nycholat and one way deals Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:41 pm

wprager you should read this article: http://senators.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=381066
(MODs I don't know if this is a problem for anyone else, but I can't post a link without it going to the top of the page...plus you can't cut and paste...its annoying)

18Murray on Nycholat and one way deals - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray on Nycholat and one way deals Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:09 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
P.S. I posted elsewhere that I thought it was Murray that gave Nycholat that one-way contract, but then I read somewhere else that that was one of Muckler's parting gifts.

It was Muckler.

Hahaha 'parting gifts'. I left a couple of those at work when I was leaving. :bom:

19Murray on Nycholat and one way deals - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray on Nycholat and one way deals Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:wprager you should read this article: http://senators.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=381066
(MODs I don't know if this is a problem for anyone else, but I can't post a link without it going to the top of the page...plus you can't cut and paste...its annoying)

Huh..I wonder why that's happening for you. I did it when I was making this topic.

http://www.sportscity.com/NHL/NHL-Free-Agents-by-Position-2008/#Right%20Wing

20Murray on Nycholat and one way deals - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray on Nycholat and one way deals Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Can someone else try other than Cash, so we can see what's happening?

21Murray on Nycholat and one way deals - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray on Nycholat and one way deals Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:01 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

cash wrote:wprager you should read this article: http://senators.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=381066

Interesting article. Interesting because it was posted on the Senators' website, yet it is quite frank in its assessment of current players (as well as the dearly departed). Written by an "NHL.com Staff Writer" no less.

Lots of parts to like, for instance:
He may test individuals' commitment right off the bat by breaking up the first line and playing centres at wing.

Anyone in particular?

I'm not sure what your posting/cutting/pasting problem is, as there is a link in your post. Do you mean that, when you paste in a link, it goes to the top of your post? Over on HB I was annoyed that whenever you inserted an icon it always went to the bottom of the post (annoying when you inserted your reply *above* the quoted text). Is it similar to that problem?

22Murray on Nycholat and one way deals - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray on Nycholat and one way deals Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:32 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
That I don't mind but, if it starts to be a regular thing for Winchester to spend time in the press box then he'd be better off playing in Bingo IMO.

The seasons are 40 games in the NCAA. They only play 2 games per week. I'd be OK with Winchester only playing 2 games per week while he develops.

That's kinda my point wprager. He's only played 40 games a season. How does that prepare him for a season that's more than DOUBLE that?? He needs to get used to the schedule as well as playing quality minutes. I think if he's going to play 40 NHL games this year (Only a Hypothetical here) then he should spend the other 42 in Bingo and not in the press box.

- Unknown Author

23Murray on Nycholat and one way deals - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray on Nycholat and one way deals Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:44 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
That I don't mind but, if it starts to be a regular thing for Winchester to spend time in the press box then he'd be better off playing in Bingo IMO.

The seasons are 40 games in the NCAA. They only play 2 games per week. I'd be OK with Winchester only playing 2 games per week while he develops.

That's kinda my point wprager. He's only played 40 games a season. How does that prepare him for a season that's more than DOUBLE that?? He needs to get used to the schedule as well as playing quality minutes. I think if he's going to play 40 NHL games this year (Only a Hypothetical here) then he should spend the other 42 in Bingo and not in the press box.
Wen looking at the lineup it's almost necessary for Murray to make another move. We went from thin to extremely deep in a New York minute. I don't see room for either McCammond, Neil or Donovan.

24Murray on Nycholat and one way deals - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray on Nycholat and one way deals Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:33 am

wprager wrote:

Interesting article. Interesting because it was posted on the Senators' website, yet it is quite frank in its assessment of current players (as well as the dearly departed). Written by an "NHL.com Staff Writer" no less.

Lots of parts to like, for instance:
He may test individuals' commitment right off the bat by breaking up the first line and playing centres at wing.

Anyone in particular?

I'm not sure what your posting/cutting/pasting problem is, as there is a link in your post. Do you mean that, when you paste in a link, it goes to the top of your post? Over on HB I was annoyed that whenever you inserted an icon it always went to the bottom of the post (annoying when you inserted your reply *above* the quoted text). Is it similar to that problem?
Yeah its just like that.

25Murray on Nycholat and one way deals - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray on Nycholat and one way deals Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:01 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
wprager wrote:

It was Muckler.

Hahaha 'parting gifts'. I left a couple of those at work when I was leaving. :bom:

HAHA! I've done the same!
Hey Stacey, how's that Coffee mug of yours?! LOL Coffee still tate not-quite-right??! LMAO!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum