GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Great Deals to see the future of the NHL

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Great Deals to see the future of the NHL Empty Great Deals to see the future of the NHL Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:56 pm

I just talked to Dawg and let him know that I got tickets to take the kids to several WJHC games. As you can imagine he gets in free, (he'll be working the games) but family has to pay. So I checked out the site for buying tickets. Well just to let you know that games at the SBP are expensive, essentially 100.00 a game or more for 2 tickets and team Canada games are even more.

I did get several tickets to games at the Civic Centre and I didn't see a single game there that was more than 35.50 for 2 tickets (that's after taxes and charges). In fact I bought 2 tickets for Sweden vs. Latvia in row A on the glass for my son and I to see his new fav playor (Karlsson) for 35.50.

I also got 4 tickets for Sweden v Russia on New Year Eve (afternoon) for 71.00. Considering that in that group you have Finland, Russia, Sweden there are some great games, and truly great players you can see for very cheap.

Just some thoughts. The future of the Sens and the NHL are playing in a couple of weeks and the tickets are almost as cheap as the 67's.

Dawg's Wife.

http://www.capitaltickets.ca/WJCticketmarketplace/

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Too bad I'll be overseas, would have snatched up some Sweden tickets to see Karlsson and co.

Out of curiosity: Have you and Dawg discussed Karlsson? Has he given you his personal opinion of his peak potential? Does he believe he is one of the players likely to ever reach that potential? If so, would you mind sharing it?

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

What is Dawg's affiliation with the team?

COLLAR UP wrote:What is Dawg's affiliation with the team?

I can't tell you that. He was requested to stay off the boards shortly after he started his new job, more because of the conflict it causes by commenting on players. He does primarily Junior and College Scouting, but from time to time is asked to look at some pro players. I will say that it's a Western Conference team.

With all that said I've discussed Karlsson with him several times. His opinion of him prior to drafting was that he was a very good offensive defenseman who could move the puck and run your power play. His shot is excellent in both accuracy and also power. The downside is his size, however Dawg says the jury is still out on that. You can't teach size, but the heart of a player is something that can make up for size. From everything we've heard he is fearless. That's mostly the reason we want to see him play in Ottawa. His ability to throw his weight around (what weight he does have) is incredible.

Dawg has always said to me it's not the thundering checks that matter, huge hits are nice, but sometime simply getting in the way or stopping the players forward momemtum is enough. If that's true then Karlsson doesn't have to hit like Stevens, more just hit to stop the players progress.

Dawg's Wife

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Thank to your input, we're going to enjoy a very nice family day while we go out and watch Latvia vs Sweden for 8 (for about $130). I'm not sure how good the Hockey will be but it will be great fun with the in-laws and young (not small) nephews and so on.

Thanks for posting this dawg.

TA

TheAvatar wrote:Thank to your input, we're going to enjoy a very nice family day while we go out and watch Latvia vs Sweden for 8 (for about $130). I'm not sure how good the Hockey will be but it will be great fun with the in-laws and young (not small) nephews and so on.

TA

Team Sweden should be fun to watch for sure.

TheAvatar wrote:Thank to your input, we're going to enjoy a very nice family day while we go out and watch Latvia vs Sweden for 8 (for about $130). I'm not sure how good the Hockey will be but it will be great fun with the in-laws and young (not small) nephews and so on.

TA
Is Daugvins still eligible?

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Dawg's Wife wrote:
COLLAR UP wrote:What is Dawg's affiliation with the team?

I can't tell you that. He was requested to stay off the boards shortly after he started his new job, more because of the conflict it causes by commenting on players. He does primarily Junior and College Scouting, but from time to time is asked to look at some pro players. I will say that it's a Western Conference team.

With all that said I've discussed Karlsson with him several times. His opinion of him prior to drafting was that he was a very good offensive defenseman who could move the puck and run your power play. His shot is excellent in both accuracy and also power. The downside is his size, however Dawg says the jury is still out on that. You can't teach size, but the heart of a player is something that can make up for size. From everything we've heard he is fearless. That's mostly the reason we want to see him play in Ottawa. His ability to throw his weight around (what weight he does have) is incredible.

Dawg has always said to me it's not the thundering checks that matter, huge hits are nice, but sometime simply getting in the way or stopping the players forward momemtum is enough. If that's true then Karlsson doesn't have to hit like Stevens, more just hit to stop the players progress.

Dawg's Wife

Thanks for the info...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum