GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Questions Heading into the Stanley Cup Playoffs

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

[quote="504Heater"][quote="davetherave"]

- Lastly, which team will win the Cup? Why? Vancouver. Goaltending, depth, skill at forward.

^ Good answer! :D:

Speaking of Vancouver, is Sundin even playing? If he is, he could be the difference in these playoffs too, the further they get, the more hungry he will be.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:Hiller would also be a good choice for Goaltender and Rookie of the Playoffs.

totally never considered hiller honestly for goalie, but I don't know if that is part of me thinking SJ will wake up or if its because I never see many Anaheim games, they always start late for me, so never see any of them.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SensFan71 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Hiller would also be a good choice for Goaltender and Rookie of the Playoffs.

totally never considered hiller honestly for goalie, but I don't know if that is part of me thinking SJ will wake up or if its because I never see many Anaheim games, they always start late for me, so never see any of them.

I didn't really think of him until I finished filling it out. I still would have chosen Luongo for goaltender though. I might have changed my rookie to Hiller.

Talk about standing on your head and taking a game on the road. That is unbeleivable for a rookie goaltender. He's got great numbers this year too.

I just never thought San Jose would lose this series either. It's very possible that they will though, I know it's only one game, but it's the 1 team that nobody wants to play against in the playoffs (Anaheim). They're going to hurt them regardless of what happens at the end of the series.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I didn't really think of him until I finished filling it out. I still would have chosen Luongo for goaltender though. I might have changed my rookie to Hiller.

Talk about standing on your head and taking a game on the road. That is unbeleivable for a rookie goaltender. He's got great numbers this year too.

I just never thought San Jose would lose this series either. It's very possible that they will though, I know it's only one game, but it's the 1 team that nobody wants to play against in the playoffs (Anaheim). They're going to hurt them regardless of what happens at the end of the series.

Yeah, he was unreal last night. Unflappable too, hard to say, a lot of great rookies. I still think Mason will be good, Versteeg, Ryan is killer.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:- Who will lead the playoffs in goals scored? Kessel (picking a somewhat darkhorse because who figured Franzen would lead the SCP in goals last year?)

- Who will lead the playoffs in assists? Savard

- Who will lead the playoffs in points? Savard

- Which player will have the biggest impact in the playoffs? Chara

- Who will be the best rookie in the playoffs? Versteeg looked damn good last night, he's my bet.

- Who will be the best goalie in the playoffs? Luongo

- Which team will have the best power play? Boston or Jersey

- Which team will have the best penalty killing? Jersey

- Which team will get eliminated first? Montreal

- Which four teams will be in the Conference finals? Boston Vs Jersey, Chicago vs Detroit

- Which two teams will meet in the Stanley Cup Finals? Boston vs Detroit

- Lastly, which team will win the Cup? Why? Boston, is full of depth, and if they don't get rattled by the Wings, they will win.

Crazy SF71!! Good choices, IMO. We almost chose the same in the end, and I didn't even see your choices. Kinda strange since I haven't really heard of anyone else but me choosing Chicago in the CF.

It's really tough to choose though for sure. Some teams really surprised me so far. I have a feeling about Chicago this year...they could make it really deep in the playoffs.

smart minds think alike, fools seldom differ, too early to tell what side of the coin we fall on, but anything can happen in the SCP and the Hawks definitely can make it to the Western final, they have a team that matches up with any of the rest, plus a cup winner in net.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm surprised more people didn't do this. It's pretty fun and challenging. Smile

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:I'm surprised more people didn't do this. It's pretty fun and challenging. Smile

no kidding, I am highly anticipating to see if I look like a chump or a champ with my picks once the post season is done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum