GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion?

+3
davetherave
shabbs
dennycrane
7 posters

Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion?

Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Vote_lcap250%Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Vote_rcap2 50% [ 5 ]
Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Vote_lcap230%Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Vote_lcap20%Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Vote_lcap210%Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Vote_lcap210%Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Vote_lcap20%Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Empty Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:29 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

My vote is San Jose over Pittsburgh in the final.

Dark Horse: Anaheim

Now we can look back in two months to see who was right.

2Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Empty Re: Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:06 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

My prediction:

East: Boston
West: Detroit

Winner: Detroit

3Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Empty Re: Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:49 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

denny, appreciate your enthusiasm, but...

Isn't this jumping the gun a little?

:KJK:

The matchups aren't set.

Also, you've omitted SEVEN of the teams from your poll.

Which seems to indicate you've already decided Carolina, Rangers, Montreal, Calgary, Columbus, Anaheim and St. Louis have no chance.

And what about the fans of these teams...including those on this site?

Isn't that a little presumptuous? Especially if there's an upset in the first round?

4Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Empty Re: Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:07 am

dave, you can only put 10 options in a poll :KJK:

5Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Empty Re: Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:22 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gonna need an East and West poll to start...

6Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Empty Re: Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:25 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:dave, you can only put 10 options in a poll :KJK:

Exactly...which is why I say maybe it's too early to do this poll. Too many teams.

And especially don't want to diss our declared Blues, Jackets, Canes and Flames fans--not to mention those who cheer for the Habs, Ducks, Rangers--here...

...do we?

7Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Empty Re: Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:27 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Gonna need an East and West poll to start...

Shabbs, once again The Voice of Hockey Reason.

Makes sense...great idea.

As soon as the matchups are set, I can also put up the snapshot JPG with the matchups and records.

cool)

8Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Empty Re: Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:08 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

[quote="davetherave"]denny, appreciate your enthusiasm, but...

Isn't this jumping the gun a little?

No
The matchups aren't set.

So what. Your pick is for who will WIN the cup. Therefore, it doesn't matter what the matchups are.
Also, you've omitted SEVEN of the teams from your poll.

Ten picks max. You can also choose Other and enter your pick in the text area.
Which seems to indicate you've already decided Carolina, Rangers, Montreal, Calgary, Columbus, Anaheim and St. Louis have no chance.

And what about the fans of these teams...including those on this site?

Isn't that a little presumptuous? Especially if there's an upset in the first round?
This is a fun poll I tried to start. Feel free not to participate.

9Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Empty Re: Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So hard.

The obvious are Boston, Washington and I still think NJ from the East and SJ and Detroit from the West. The rest are a crapshoot.

Someone mentioned Anaheim and Pittsburgh - maybe it was Denny.

I see both of these teams wreaking havoc in their conferences. I think Anaheim has a legit shot at taking out San Jose. Then, if it's Detroit, the pressure is all on the Wings.

I'll prematurely say Anaheim vs. Pittsburgh

With Anaheim winning in 7 games.

But I'd like another day or so to think about it. Washington doesn't need Theodore to make the Finals, the need him to stand in net, but nothing more.

Boston has all the pieces in place to do it (although, I'm afraid I'm still wary of Thomas - Vezina or not).

Look out if NJ gets back to where they should be, they could waltz out of the East - and probably win the Cup.

The same equations apply to SJ, Detroit, Vancouver and Calgary.

10Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Empty Re: Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I went with Boston, even though my gut still says Thomas isn't up for it.

11Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Empty Re: Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I went with Boston, even though my gut still says Thomas isn't up for it.

Odd. I feel the same way, can't shake it.

I want to go with the Anaheim Ducks, I feel it for them, but the flip side is that if SJ gets by Anaheim, they'll either be completely beat to Dung, or they'll be prepared for whatever comes at them.

Damn conventional pick which I'll vote for: San Jose
What I feel in my gut: Anaheim

12Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Empty Re: Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:06 pm

San Jose. I can't find one hole in their line up. well, except lemieux, but we're not counting A-holes. Sarcasm

13Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Empty Re: Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:San Jose. I can't find one hole in their line up. well, except lemieux, but we're not counting A-holes. Sarcasm

Laughing3

14Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Empty Re: Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:56 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I think people will be surprised how good Thomas will be...
Conn Smythe if they wiin the cup.

15Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Empty Re: Who Is Your Stanley Cup Champion? Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:41 pm

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

Originally I was going with NJ over Vancouver in the finals but now I think Vancouver will win over NJ.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum