GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Intense Battles Highlight Playoff Matchups

+5
beedub
SensFan71
Cronie
SensGirl11
davetherave
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Must...work...until...9.... Tantrum

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Must...work...until...9.... Tantrum

am done in 20 minutes, whoo hoo lol

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Devils on the board first.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
davetherave wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
davetherave wrote:
504Heater wrote:
beedub wrote:I actually think Montreal will squeek one out here.

A game you mean?

The games in Boston are critical...if Montreal wins one, the dynamic changes...and there's nothing like being an underdog.

Even David beat Goliath.

cool)

Boston has multiple goliaths lol. Tantrum

...LOL... Montreal has an equal number of 'davids'... :pirat:

touche, I just like my odds with more goliaths, one of them falls and takes out all the davids lol. Laughing3

We could take this to ultimate levels of ridiculousness LOL :^^^:

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I am itching for the Montreal Boston to start tonight. And yes, I am calling a Montreal victory. Should they lose to Boston, I think Boston might sweep or win in 5, so Montreal will be playing desparate tonight.

I sure hope the Free Agent line is up to the task .

Yeah me too beedub, prolly wishful thinking, but i still behind them. I don't really like the Markoveless aspect though ... tx Grabovski, wait till we get you!

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:I am itching for the Montreal Boston to start tonight. And yes, I am calling a Montreal victory. Should they lose to Boston, I think Boston might sweep or win in 5, so Montreal will be playing desparate tonight.

I sure hope the Free Agent line is up to the task .

Geez, they haven't even dropped the puck and you're saying it's all over if the B's take their home opener.

Bob Gainey won't be buying you poutine anytime soon LOL.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

HowieMorenz wrote:Yeah me too beedub, prolly wishful thinking, but i still behind them. I don't really like the Markoveless aspect though ... tx Grabovski, wait till we get you!

The only reason I will even remotely cheer for the Habs (and I mean remotely) is for you Howie.

Good luck man!

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
HowieMorenz wrote:Yeah me too beedub, prolly wishful thinking, but i still behind them. I don't really like the Markoveless aspect though ... tx Grabovski, wait till we get you!

The only reason I will even remotely cheer for the Habs (and I mean remotely) is for you Howie.

Good luck man!

Cheering for the underdog is ALWAYS fun... :pirat:

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:

Oh yeah, for sure, but...I can't help absolutely despising the Habs. Can't help it. Shrug What can I do?

However, I was really, really torn between the Canucks and the Blues. Hard not to like the Blues, they work their little arses off. They just got the wrong round one match up I think.

BUT, tons and tons and tons of hockey to play. :##:

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Oh yeah, for sure, but...I can't help absolutely despising the Habs. Can't help it. Shrug What can I do?

However, I was really, really torn between the Canucks and the Blues. Hard not to like the Blues, they work their little arses off. They just got the wrong round one match up I think.

BUT, tons and tons and tons of hockey to play. :##:

How can anyone who isn't a fan of the Canadiens cheer for them? By far the most overrated team in the league this season with the most obnoxious, Wang and annoying fan base of them all.

As for the Blues, I'm sticking with my initial prediction -- Blues in 6.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Being the underdog is probably the best thing that could happen to the Canadiens...it'll be exciting to see how these two teams come out against each other.

Big Georges has reportedly already thrown down the gauntlet to the Bad B's.

:fight:

Nothing like a classic rivalry!

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:

Being the underdog is probably the best thing that could happen to the Canadiens...it'll be exciting to see how these two teams come out against each other.

Hah...please, what's he gonna do, fight all of them? Laraque is a non-factor in this series. If he even suits up for more than 2 games, I'd be shocked.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:

Classic "never going to happen unless the game is WAY out of reach" scenario. Like Chara would go to the box for 5 minutes in a playoff game to fight Laraque. Laughing3 Same with Lucic.

Thornton is a 4th line grinder, so if they want to go, I'm sure both coaches are happy with that, but I'm sure Julien has told Lucic and Chara to mind their Ps and Qs and focus on winning the game of hockey.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Classic "never going to happen unless the game is WAY out of reach" scenario. Like Chara would go to the box for 5 minutes in a playoff game to fight Laraque. Laughing3 Same with Lucic.

Thornton is a 4th line grinder, so if they want to go, I'm sure both coaches are happy with that, but I'm sure Julien has told Lucic and Chara to mind their Ps and Qs and focus on winning the game of hockey.

Exactly Heater. If the Habs are trying to intimidate the Bruins (I know, it sounds funny even when mentioned half-seriously), then they have a rude awakening waiting for them.

Wait until Lucic puts someone through a pane of glass in his first shift...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
Exactly Heater. If the Habs are trying to intimidate the Bruins (I know, it sounds funny even when mentioned half-seriously), then they have a rude awakening waiting for them.

I love it. :D: This series could be very quick and very painful. Or long (and painful).

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
PKC wrote:

I love it. :D: This series could be very quick and very painful. Or long (and painful).

I'll probably go with the former over the latter.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Let the games begin! (Part Two)
:%%:
:##: :##: :##: :##:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum