GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Avalanche fire GM/V.P. Francois Giguere

+2
asq2
Riprock
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Avalanche fire GM/V.P. Francois Giguere Empty Avalanche fire GM/V.P. Francois Giguere Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:59 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=274901

The goalie situation killed them I think... next year is going to get even worse if and when Sakic retires, which is likely.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Well, if Stastny can return to form, I think they'll be alright.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Are they gonna put in a serious bid for Khabby or someone....I dunno...good?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

They should land a true # goalie, though anything can happen year to year or team to team.... hard to follow when you used to have Patrick Roy.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Or we can trade them Auld for Cameron Gaunce

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

WEll, DUchene/HEdman/Tavares, it's gonna help for sure.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Raaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Emerrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

come on down.

Budaj is a good #2 and has been ok for the Avs over the years. He may benefit from a change in scenery, but they could do worse than him as a backup. Raycroft just sucks.

Emery/Khabibulin/Anderson/Biron are all possible. Getting a top goalie will require a trade, but the Avs have a lot of money committed already, so I don't know how big a splash they can make, factoring in a drop in the cap.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=274901

The goalie situation killed them I think... next year is going to get even worse if and when Sakic retires, which is likely.

What 'killed them'--in terms of costing Giguere his job--was that the Avs' attendance, once some of the strongest in the NHL, has dropped off alarmingly in the last several years. This according to Dan Rosen of NHL.com, interviewed on Team 1200 Healthy Scratches today.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum