GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington

+19
LeCaptain
Cronie
SensGirl11
Acrobat
Mariposa Belle
Hockeyhero22000
sennies1980
dennycrane
SensFan71
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
LethalLehner
shabbs
beedub
davetherave
Nasty Nas
caissie_1
asq2
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington

Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Vote_lcap20%Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Vote_lcap20%Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Vote_lcap215%Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 3 ]
Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Vote_lcap215%Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 3 ]
Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Vote_lcap230%Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 6 ]
Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Vote_lcap225%Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 25% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 21]

91Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:12 am

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Holy Moly Theodore SUCKS!!!!!!!
Is Varlamov going to play the next game? They're not going anywhere with Theodore. He was waving at the puck all night.

92Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:26 am

beedub

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
davetherave wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Ov had 2 A 13 shots and had a good game but couldnt get one by king henrik who stole this game for the rags if not for him the score would have been run up he made amazing saves

King Henrik IS the Rangers...night in, night out, their best player.

What'll be interesting now is how guys like Gomez--who has shown he can play HUGE in key games, i.e. when he was in New Jersey--has a chance to prove everyone who dissed him, wrong.

BTW Caps have some real issues on D IMO...it's not all Theo...you could see their defensive breakdowns were brutal.

Boudreau's gonna be rippin 'em a new one right now.

Avery tripped up Green on the first goal. There is no excuse for no penalty being called on the play. The refs *will be* seeing this one on game disc and Avery will have a much tougher time "hiding" next game.

And what were the shot totals? Unless you're suggesting that they should not have let any shots through at all? With Theo in goal, that's probably what they will need to do.

Don't know that I'd call Avery on Green tripping, but he looped in behind him, made contact, causing Green to fall on his Donkey. Questionable interference call. Classic Avery. This guy is a guy who rides the line of acceptiblility all the time. It makes him the player he is. You need any edge you can find in the playoffs.

93Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:34 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
davetherave wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Ov had 2 A 13 shots and had a good game but couldnt get one by king henrik who stole this game for the rags if not for him the score would have been run up he made amazing saves

King Henrik IS the Rangers...night in, night out, their best player.

What'll be interesting now is how guys like Gomez--who has shown he can play HUGE in key games, i.e. when he was in New Jersey--has a chance to prove everyone who dissed him, wrong.

BTW Caps have some real issues on D IMO...it's not all Theo...you could see their defensive breakdowns were brutal.

Boudreau's gonna be rippin 'em a new one right now.

Avery tripped up Green on the first goal. There is no excuse for no penalty being called on the play. The refs *will be* seeing this one on game disc and Avery will have a much tougher time "hiding" next game.

And what were the shot totals? Unless you're suggesting that they should not have let any shots through at all? With Theo in goal, that's probably what they will need to do.

No excuse. Exactly. There are no excuses for Washington losing this one. Can't blame the officials...Bruce Boudreau certainly doesn't.

...and you don't think the refs let a lot of things go? cool)

The Caps have defensive issues. That was obvious last night. If a low scoring team like the Rangers can get four on them, Washington is in trouble. With a Capital T.

94Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:57 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Holy Moly Theodore SUCKS!!!!!!!
Is Varlamov going to play the next game? They're not going anywhere with Theodore. He was waving at the puck all night.

Varlamov is amazing, but a little green for this. Don't they have Brent Johnson?

95Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:17 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

Varlamov is amazing, but a little green for this. Don't they have Brent Johnson?

Brent Johnson:
2/03/2009Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 GifHip surgery, sidelined indefinitely.

96Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:18 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:

Brent Johnson:
2/03/2009Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 GifHip surgery, sidelined indefinitely.

They're dead.

97Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:23 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

oh yeah, Theodore is the weakness of the Caps for sure, so am hoping that team scores lots of goals in order to keep pace with the Rangers.

98Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:36 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:

oh yeah, Theodore is the weakness of the Caps for sure, so am hoping that team scores lots of goals in order to keep pace with the Rangers.

The Caps will have to solve Lundqvist first...Ovechkin didn't last night. 13 shots, no goals.

And Washington has one of the weaker team defenses in the league. 10th in East, 20th overall.

Rangers are 3rd in the East and 6th overall in that department.

99Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:49 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SensFan71 wrote:

I think they can do it personally, 3 goals on Lundqvist isn't all that great either. The difference is that he made the saves when he needed to and his team came out with the win.

I really don't know what's going to happen here at all...

100Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:53 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

I think they can do it personally, 3 goals on Lundqvist isn't all that great either. The difference is that he made the saves when he needed to and his team came out with the win.

I think we agree the pressure is all on the Capitals now.

They've lost home ice, and they couldn't stop a low scoring Rangers team from taking the lead twice and putting four in on them.

You don't win many games when you give up four goals.

Even if the Caps win the next one, the odds have already been evened.

101Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:59 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

I think we agree the pressure is all on the Capitals now.

They've lost home ice, and they couldn't stop a low scoring Rangers team from taking the lead twice and putting four in on them.

You don't win many games when you give up four goals.

Even if the Caps win the next one, the odds have already been evened.

And in a situation like this, the guy they look to is Sergei Fedorov, he has to rally these kids and tell them its not the end of the world, if they panic, they are done.

102Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No need to panic, just make sure you outscore the Rangers - and make sure you insulate Theodore.

103Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I won't lie, I feel badly for Jeff Shultz. I keep seeing the replay over and over and over and over. And he looks absolutely terrible. Probably the worst an NHL player can look. Facepalm

104Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Facepalm

105Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:17 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:I won't lie, I feel badly for Jeff Shultz. I keep seeing the replay over and over and over and over. And he looks absolutely terrible. Probably the worst an NHL player can look. Facepalm

Dang it... I can't see the video you posted...

Can someone send a link?

106Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:17 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:I won't lie, I feel badly for Jeff Shultz. I keep seeing the replay over and over and over and over. And he looks absolutely terrible. Probably the worst an NHL player can look. Facepalm

am sure he took a good ribbing on that one, either that or a good tongue lashing from the coach, play the man, not the puck, simplest principle for a D man, and in the playoffs, any mistake is amplified tenfold.

107Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:

Dang it... I can't see the video you posted...

Can someone send a link?

I can...you want the youtube link PMed to you?

108Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 7 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:

am sure he took a good ribbing on that one, either that or a good tongue lashing from the coach, play the man, not the puck, simplest principle for a D man, and in the playoffs, any mistake is amplified tenfold.

Laughing3 Totally!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum