GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington

+19
LeCaptain
Cronie
SensGirl11
Acrobat
Mariposa Belle
Hockeyhero22000
sennies1980
dennycrane
SensFan71
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
LethalLehner
shabbs
beedub
davetherave
Nasty Nas
caissie_1
asq2
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington

Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Vote_lcap20%Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Vote_lcap20%Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Vote_lcap215%Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 3 ]
Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Vote_lcap215%Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 3 ]
Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Vote_lcap230%Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 6 ]
Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Vote_lcap225%Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 25% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 21]

196Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:26 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Varlamov with a Lundqvist impression.

197Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:29 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Avery just punched Varlamov in the face. A 4th minor for him tonight, while the Rags were on the powerplay.

198Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:30 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Avery gets a game misconduct.

What a stupid play. I don't even know what the point of getting in Varlamov's face is: Varlamov can't even speak English.

199Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:32 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Backstrom schools Redden and then makes an unbelievable pass to Poti.

4-0.

Backstrom's been the best skater on the ice tonight.

Poti's first career play-off goal.

200Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:36 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Varlamov gets the 33-save shut-out! cheers

I wonder if Theodore gets the next game. Sarcasm

201Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:39 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Simeon Varlamov, who has allowed only one goal in his first two playoff games, is the new goaltending star for the Washington Capitals.

Na zdarovye!
:KKK:

202Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:55 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And we have a series...

203Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:Simeon Varlamov, who has allowed only one goal in his first two playoff games, is the new goaltending star for the Washington Capitals.

Na zdarovye!
:KKK:

Don't you mean molodetz?

204Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:And we have a series...

Well, there's still another game to play at the MSG. Lundqvist could steal a second game.

But just imagine if they had started with Varlamov, or at least pulled Theodore after the 2nd bad goal.

205Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:21 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:And we have a series...

Well, there's still another game to play at the MSG. Lundqvist could steal a second game.

If the Caps continue this kind of play, I don't know that that's possible. Lundqvist made some saves he ha no business making tonight as it is.

Caps can't take their foot off the gas, though.

206Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Don't get me wrong. I already have Sharks and Canes in round 1. Not that I'd gain/recover any ground on anyone. I don't know if *anyone* picked the Rangers. I want the Caps to win, but I'm not ready to call it yet.

207Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:48 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

I picked the rangers... I migth be a little scared now.

208Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:55 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

caissie_1 wrote:I picked the rangers... I migth be a little scared now.

And Carolina, and Calgary, and San Jose. I picked Chicago/Washington, you Cakgary/New York. Both series are 2-1. And ... I thought I had something to say but I guess I don't.

Nothing's over yet. Except St. Louis and the Habs, and very likely San Jose.

209Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:57 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, Avery punches Varlamov in the head, with a stick in his hand, at the end of the game. Surely Coli has to look at this and compare it to Lucic's actions. Although Lucic was more or a cross-check, Coli himself did say the key factors were that he had a stick in his hand and he has a history. I don't see much difference with what Avery did save for the actual cross-check motion and the force of the hit. We'll see...

210Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:10 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And who said OV can't play D?

Wink

211Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:23 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
caissie_1 wrote:I picked the rangers... I migth be a little scared now.

And Carolina, and Calgary, and San Jose. I picked Chicago/Washington, you Cakgary/New York. Both series are 2-1. And ... I thought I had something to say but I guess I don't.

Nothing's over yet. Except St. Louis and the Habs, and very likely San Jose.

I think the Rangers will be fine. And don't forget Columbus in the almost dead category

212Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:18 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

can Varlamov keep up the magic? quite a 2 game spectacle so far for him, and to get a shut out at the Garden, not bad rook, but the job is far from over.

213Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington - Page 14 Empty Re: Round One: NY Rangers @ Washington Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:32 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

John Tortorella said it all in his post game interview:

"We stunk."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum