GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is your favourite defunct team?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who is your favourite defunct team? Empty Who is your favourite defunct team? Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:57 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Out of all the former NHL teams, including the ones that have moved, which is your favourite? Weird question I know.

I like the old Whalers and Nordiques but don't ask me why Smile

- Unknown Author

2Who is your favourite defunct team? Empty Re: Who is your favourite defunct team? Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:01 am

The New York Islanders, oh wait...

3Who is your favourite defunct team? Empty Re: Who is your favourite defunct team? Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:08 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's harsh MOI. You'll have to wait to pick them though Wink Who is your team or do you have one MOI?

- Unknown Author

4Who is your favourite defunct team? Empty Re: Who is your favourite defunct team? Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:12 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Are you going to include ALL the defunct teams (going back to the contraction in the 1940s)? Maybe this should be a poll IMHO.

5Who is your favourite defunct team? Empty Re: Who is your favourite defunct team? Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:16 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:Are you going to include ALL the defunct teams (going back to the contraction in the 1940s)? Maybe this should be a poll IMHO.

We can make it a poll just give me all the team names because I don't know them all. Yes every team since the NHL became the NHL including teams like the Whaler who became the Canes and the Jets who became the Coyotes etc... If you want to do the research and give me the list of team names I'll make this a poll.

- Unknown Author

6Who is your favourite defunct team? Empty Re: Who is your favourite defunct team? Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:20 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:That's harsh MOI. You'll have to wait to pick them though Wink Who is your team or do you have one MOI?

j/k I would have to say the Nordiques. Some of the best hockey I ever watched were Nordiques/Bruins or Nordiques/Habs playoff games. True Hatred, True Rivalries, Great Hockey...

The Stastny's, Goulet, Bouchard, Hunter and that weird dude who played the trumpet... what a shame then they moved to Colorado and won a cup?! Slap in the face to Nordique fan, one of the first places I would like to see a team relocated to personally.

7Who is your favourite defunct team? Empty Re: Who is your favourite defunct team? Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:21 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I loved to hate the Nordiques being a Habs fan in the day. Now the Habs have morphed into the Nordiques somehow. Funny how that goes.

8Who is your favourite defunct team? Empty Re: Who is your favourite defunct team? Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:27 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:I loved to hate the Nordiques being a Habs fan in the day. Now the Habs have morphed into the Nordiques somehow. Funny how that goes.

Oh I am sure you hated them but I would suggest that if you were a Habs fan you would have looked forward to nothing more than a Nordiques/Habs tilt...

9Who is your favourite defunct team? Empty Re: Who is your favourite defunct team? Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:28 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
davetherave wrote:Are you going to include ALL the defunct teams (going back to the contraction in the 1940s)? Maybe this should be a poll IMHO.

We can make it a poll just give me all the team names because I don't know them all. Yes every team since the NHL became the NHL including teams like the Whaler who became the Canes and the Jets who became the Coyotes etc... If you want to do the research and give me the list of team names I'll make this a poll.

Here you go cool)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_NHL_teams

Defunct teams before the Original Six Era
TeamSeasonsRelocated to
Montreal Wanderers1917–1918
original Ottawa Senators
1917–1934St. Louis Eagles
Quebec Bulldogs1919–1920Hamilton Tigers
Hamilton Tigers1920–1925
Montreal Maroons1924–1938
New York Americans1925–1942
Pittsburgh Pirates1925–1930Philadelphia Quakers