GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite Ottawa Eateries.

+18
Acrobat
davetherave
Phoenix30
smash88
LethalLehner
Riprock
Jordo
wprager
ddt
SensGirl11
shabbs
SensFan71
strachattack
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
jamvan
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Empty Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:46 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Can you all tell I'm bored? Seriously though here is my list of restaurents based on what I'm looking for that day.

Good Steak with money to burn! - Prime 360 in the Minto plaza

Good Ribs - Baton Rouge

Good Sushi with money to burn - Festival Japan on Kent.

Good Burger with money to burn - The Works Gourmet Burger Bistro

On the Cheaper side of things:

Good Steak - Montana's has a surprisingly good steak for the price

Good Ribs - Again Montana's

Good Sushi - Thousand Sushi Islands on Carling has a good selection and it's all you can eat!

Good Burger - Don't know I always go to The Works now for Burgers.

- Unknown Author

2Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:48 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'd say the ribs at Montana's might be the best in the city. And yes I have tried the ones at Baton Rouge and I find that the ribs, shrimp and chicken all taste the same because they put the same sauce on them.

3Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:52 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Can you all tell I'm bored? Seriously though here is my list of restaurents based on what I'm looking for that day.

Good Ribs - Baton Rouge

Good Sushi - Thousand Sushi Islands on Carling has a good selection and it's all you can eat!

Have you ever had the Peanut Butter burger? It's awesome!!!

There also great sushi in Kanata called Hockey Sushi which is also all you can eat.

Steak - The Keg
Veal- Cobatto's

4Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:03 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

The best Shwarma is definitely at the Shawarma Palace on Rideau st.

The best drunken shawarma goes to that 'New' shawarma place where nickel's used to be on, i believe it is Dalhousie st.

For wings i always like going to Wild Wing in the complex that has Bouclair across from St Laurent shopping centre.

The Montana's in Halifax always overcooks their food, I'm boycotting it now.

And pizza, I would have to say the Colonade.

5Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:12 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not a bigshot like you guys.

Gaetan's Chip Stand, Alexandria, ON

Alexandria Pizzeria, Alexandria, ON

Cathy's BBQ, Alexandria, ON

Cedar's Shawarma, Cornwall Square Food Court, Cornwall, ON

Centennial Pizza and Family Restaurant, Morrisburg, ON

McIntosh Inn, Morrisburg, ON

Dockside (Ice Cream), Morrisburg, ON

6Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:18 pm

Fun Upscale Eatery (with hottest staff) - Moxie's
Best Italian - La Strada (highly recommended although I haven't been in a couple of years - damn being the parent of young kids...)

Most over rated Italian - Fratelli's. I had two horrible experiences there. First one, I took another couple out for dinner. We had apps, meal, wine, dessert, and special coffees (4 bills total). When they brought the special coffees the bar tender salted the rim rather than sugar it, we pointed it out, they brought new ones and still charged us for them. Shoddy. I worked in the service industry through college, no chance would I have done that. Second, we had reservations and had to wait (I understand that) The hostess then had a couple of friends come in (unexpected I over heard) and got our table of four before us. Two strike system plus there are plenty of better eateries, like La Strada, Tratoria Italia...

Best Shwarma IMO has to be Marroush.... unless it has gone down hill

7Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:28 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fratelli's is not even a real restaurant. It's just an "in" for access to Senators players.

Frank Vetere's is 100 times better.

8Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:28 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have to agree with Wild Wing having some great wings.

I'll also add Really Lebonese (sp) ( The Garlic King) as my favourite place for Lebonese food.

- Unknown Author

9Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:30 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

The thing I miss most has to be Lorenzo's pizza. God, you cannot find a good pizza in Toronto. It's either gourmet or Pizza Pizza. Nothing compares to the dressing under a heart attack's worth of greasy cheese.

I also miss a good shawarma and donair. You can't find a good place like that in Toronto either.

For sentimenal reasons I miss the Manx Pub on Elgin. The food was decent and cheap. Great for a poor student. I remember it being a great little pub.

10Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:31 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Can you all tell I'm bored? Seriously though here is my list of restaurents based on what I'm looking for that day.

Good Ribs - Baton Rouge

Have you ever had the Peanut Butter burger? It's awesome!!!

There also great sushi in Kanata called Hockey Sushi which is also all you can eat.

Steak - The Keg
Veal- Cobatto's

I find the Keg Manor is the only decent one of all the Kegs and I still find Prime 360 trumps them all.

As for the Peanut Butter burger I can't bring myself to try it. I always get sucked in by the RoughRider Comeback because I love BBQ sauce, Sauteed Onions, Bacon and cheese on burgers.

- Unknown Author

11Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I had a poutine once that used strips of processed cheese. That sucked.

12Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:38 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I had a poutine once that used strips of processed cheese. That sucked.

Seriously? If so did you actually eat it? Puking2

- Unknown Author

13Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:41 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I had a poutine once that used strips of processed cheese. That sucked.

Seriously? If so did you actually eat it? Puking2

Not the cheese. It was especially disappointing because I was starving at the time.

14Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:52 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:Fun Upscale Eatery (with hottest staff) - Moxie's
Best Italian - La Strada (highly recommended although I haven't been in a couple of years - damn being the parent of young kids...)

Most over rated Italian - Fratelli's. I had two horrible experiences there. First one, I took another couple out for dinner. We had apps, meal, wine, dessert, and special coffees (4 bills total). When they brought the special coffees the bar tender salted the rim rather than sugar it, we pointed it out, they brought new ones and still charged us for them. Shoddy. I worked in the service industry through college, no chance would I have done that. Second, we had reservations and had to wait (I understand that) The hostess then had a couple of friends come in (unexpected I over heard) and got our table of four before us. Two strike system plus there are plenty of better eateries, like La Strada, Tratoria Italia...

Best Shwarma IMO has to be Marroush.... unless it has gone down hill

You've gotta be kidding me. If I wanted microwaved food, I'd walk down the street to the Loeb and pick up a Michelina's chicken and rice.

Shawarma Palace on Rideau St. is by far the best shawarma. By miles.

15Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:54 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

you guys are making me jealous and hungry with talking about all these good places to eat, all we have in Moncton is a keg and a montana's, the rest are garbage fast food.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum