GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The disaster that is Redden

+6
LeCaptain
Nasty Nas
Cronie
PTFlea
SensFan71
SensGirl11
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31The disaster that is Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: The disaster that is Redden Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:14 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:
Karlsson runs the powerplay with Wiercioch as his trigger man. Meanwhile Cowen and elder statesman Volchekov form a rock-solid PK tandem.

8)

Oh yeah, does it ever. Any of the 6 - Cowen or Schroeder paint a very pretty picture.

Little Schroeder manning the RW of line 3 right off the bat with Regin and Zubov/Comrie, whomever, Kelly I guess. Don't give me the weight thing, he's quick as a bunny, this kid.

But...the top 4 of Karlsson/Wiercioch, Volchenkov/Cowen is absolutely stunning to think of. Wow*.

*If they all made it to the NHL that is.

I'd be a bit concerned about team size.

Campoli, Karlsson, Schroeder, Shannon, potentially Caporusso, Zubov....

32The disaster that is Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: The disaster that is Redden Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:I'd be a bit concerned about team size.

Quite true. Mind you, guys like Schroeder and Duchene don't play their size - I assume the way Kane doesn't play his size, but it would still be a legitimate concern.

33The disaster that is Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: The disaster that is Redden Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:18 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:I'd be a bit concerned about team size.

Quite true. Mind you, guys like Schroeder and Duchene don't play their size - I assume the way Kane doesn't play his size, but it would still be a legitimate concern.

Duchene's much stronger than Schroeder. Not quite at Crosby level, but he's got great lower-body strength. Also, he's got 3 inches on Schroeder.

Some scouts are unsure if Schroeder's game will translate well when he gets less space than he's used to. He's an absolute demon along the wall in terms of setting up plays/shooting, a la Tavares, but he doesn't have Tavares strength.

Kane will be about 6-3 and an absolute wrecking ball by the time he's done, FWIW.

His potential is pretty amazingly high. Although I see more a Bill Guerin than a Jarome Iginla in him. I think people play the race card too much.

Last edited by asq2 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

34The disaster that is Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: The disaster that is Redden Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Duchene's much stronger than Schroeder. Not quite at Crosby level, but he's got great lower-body strength.

Kane will be about 6-3 and an absolute wrecking ball by the time he's done, FWIW.

His potential is pretty amazingly high.

I was talking about Patrick Kane, but are you saying that Evander Kane is potentially going to grow to 6-3!!?

35The disaster that is Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: The disaster that is Redden Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:20 pm

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

asq2 wrote:
top shelf15 wrote:I think putting karrlson with a hammer like cowen or a volchenkov, would be like a new version of the thunder and lightning pairing of neidermyer and stevens.Neidermyer would angle forwards to their doom ,stevens would do the rest.Man dont wake me iam dreaming of smashed leaf forwards at our blueline :$$:

At even strength, sure. Cowen and Karlsson, in terms of playing style (and they fact that they shoot on different sides) are pretty much made for each-other.

But powerplay-wise, Wiercioch is Souray to Karlsson's Markov.
I have defended our GM from tsn to hb ,this man has shed deadwood and returned hope to me after the cup finals ,i thought we were finished there was no prospects,or money to sign players to come close to take on the bigger teams in the west,and in less than two years he has put us back on the rails. Losing this year sucks but i think its something he knew we had to do to get the impact players we need in order to win it all :D

36The disaster that is Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: The disaster that is Redden Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:21 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:
Duchene's much stronger than Schroeder. Not quite at Crosby level, but he's got great lower-body strength.

I was talking about Patrick Kane, but are you saying that Evander Kane is potentially going to grow to 6-3!!?

I edited my post.

OK, 6-3 is perhaps over-optimistic, but he's one of the younger prospects out there and pretty much everyone agrees he'll be a big kid when all's said and done.

37The disaster that is Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: The disaster that is Redden Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:24 pm

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:

6.3 wrecking ball shelfie likee,big mean team him and cowen, man cup team written all over that :D

38The disaster that is Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: The disaster that is Redden Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
I edited my post.

OK, 6-3 is perhaps over-optimistic, but he's one of the younger prospects out there and pretty much everyone agrees he'll be a big kid when all's said and done.

Yikes, if he gets to 6-3 and fills out properly, he might be the steal of the early round.

39The disaster that is Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: The disaster that is Redden Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:31 pm

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Anything with the words wrecking ball ,and 6.3 iam all over ,defense man ,forward hell i would want the water boy to be a SOB, iam tired of being a nice team they never win at anything

40The disaster that is Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: The disaster that is Redden Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:13 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

top shelf15 wrote:Anything with the words wrecking ball ,and 6.3 iam all over ,defense man ,forward hell i would want the water boy to be a SOB, iam tired of being a nice team they never win at anything

Then out of this draft, Schenn, Kane, Cowen and Kassian later on are your best bets. :D

41The disaster that is Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: The disaster that is Redden Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:24 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

The concept of Brayden Schenn going to the Leafs terrifies me. I really believe he's the type of player you win with.

His Wheatkings have swept their first round opponents, and he has led the way with 4 goals (including the series-clincher) and 8 points.

Meanwhile, Kane produced a measly 2 goals and 5 points ( Sarcasm ) as the Giants swept their first-round opponents.

42The disaster that is Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: The disaster that is Redden Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:23 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:The concept of Brayden Schenn going to the Leafs terrifies me. I really believe he's the type of player you win with.

His Wheatkings have swept their first round opponents, and he has led the way with 4 goals (including the series-clincher) and 8 points.

Meanwhile, Kane produced a measly 2 goals and 5 points ( Sarcasm ) as the Giants swept their first-round opponents.

my goodness, what an intriguing draft this is going to be, not only do you want to improve your own team, you don't want the other teams around you (especially division rivals) get better, is it possible to get all top 10 picks in the draft? lol.

43The disaster that is Redden - Page 3 Empty Re: The disaster that is Redden Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:13 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

asq2 wrote:
top shelf15 wrote:Anything with the words wrecking ball ,and 6.3 iam all over ,defense man ,forward hell i would want the water boy to be a SOB, iam tired of being a nice team they never win at anything

Then out of this draft, Schenn, Kane, Cowen and Kassian later on are your best bets. :D

WOW! That looks like one mean mofo! Man, I hope we get a kick-Donkey pick at the draft. Oh what a draft it will be!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum