GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm SHOCKED!!

+7
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
Jordo
PTFlea
LethalLehner
Cronie
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1I'm SHOCKED!! Empty I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:40 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

According to RDS.ca; Gainey has chosen to go with Price tonight against the Thrashers...

Does he WANT the Habs to win?!

2I'm SHOCKED!! Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:45 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I am not. Gainey loves Price. If Price looks awful tonight, you have to wonder if this will wreck his confidence further into the future. He is already shakey and lacking confidence.

3I'm SHOCKED!! Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:54 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

great points ER. Loyalty aside, Gainey surely must put the team's interests FIRST. Now, if he's putting Price in there to hopefully gain more confidence, that's one thing, but with the way he's looked lately, I think he's one crack shy of completely shattering personally and it's a BIG risk on Gainey's part.

Now, RDS sometimes has misleading info; TSN has yet to update Ice chips, but their last entry says that no decision has been made on their starting goalie.

4I'm SHOCKED!! Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As long as Price has magically found the answer for the rest of the league knowing his tendancies (wait for him to go down and roof it) - then I would say, this is going to be an ongoing problem. The TSN panel suggest that Price be send back down to Hamilton to rectify the issue - and I have to agree. This kid is young, he's got enormous upside, but he cannot fool NHL shooters. They'll wait all game if they have to until he goes down early, then they'll score on him at will. We saw Ruutu do it - and he's not even a sniper. Imagine a guy like Kovalchuk - who despite his care-free kind of attitude - would definitely know about the weaknesses and exploit them with his awesome snap shot.

5I'm SHOCKED!! Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:04 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I can't see them sending him down again. They had to do this last season when he lost his confidence. If they have to do it again, they might start questioning when he will be ready and tough enough to stay up for a full year. I agree that he is still young but I am not sure the fans or media in Montreal will be that easy on him. I think Price was pumped so high (as being the new messiah) that he has been showing the cracks of being under immense pressure and scrutiny. No player can be expected to thrive under pressure like that especially when Price does not have a goalie mentor to help him through it.

6I'm SHOCKED!! Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:21 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Corus has Price getting the start tonight as well.

Looks like it's legit.

I've heard that this was the reason Carbo got canned- because he wanted to play Halak down the stretch.

7I'm SHOCKED!! Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:22 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

When will be the next time we see him cry? Tonight maybe? I don't know why Gainey is doing this, the best thing to do at this point in time would be to hand the job to Halak, who has clearly been the stronger of the two. If that shatters Price's confidence more, so be it. I would be more comfortable with Halak if I was a player on the team, Price has the Gerber Mojo going for him, and the team has zero confidence in him, and I can almost guarantee that they will play that way. Look for many, many defensive mistakes tonight and for a high score if they open the game up. Habs can't score right now and they have no goalie, what will happen?

8I'm SHOCKED!! Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:Corus has Price getting the start tonight as well.

Looks like it's legit.

I've heard that this was the reason Carbo got canned- because he wanted to play Halak down the stretch.

You'd think they would have learned their lesson with Julien and the Huet/Theodore fiasco. Go with the goalie that deserves the starts.

- Unknown Author

9I'm SHOCKED!! Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:32 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

he has no mentor, but a two-pack of DuMaurier habit doesn't seem to be helping either! LOL

10I'm SHOCKED!! Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:34 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Jordo wrote:Corus has Price getting the start tonight as well.

Looks like it's legit.

You'd think they would have learned their lesson with Julien and the Huet/Theodore fiasco. Go with the goalie that deserves the starts.

If only Gainey could see things that clearly. I have heard the same thing about Carbo. Pretty sad really!!

11I'm SHOCKED!! Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:43 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Link to Corus article: http://www.corussports.com/canadiens/autre_chance_pour_price-20090324-1479341.html

Gainey's bias or trying to get him going? Hmmmm...

12I'm SHOCKED!! Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:46 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

that was my thought too Shabbs. Either way, it's a gamble.

13I'm SHOCKED!! Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:00 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronie wrote:that was my thought too Shabbs. Either way, it's a gamble.
Yeah, he's in a tight spot. Neither goalie has shown any "fire" of late so he's going with his choice. But, Halak has been the better goalie for a while. He's clearly gambling that he can get Price to heat up. We'll see..

14I'm SHOCKED!! Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:02 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know I'm evil (Evil, coincidently is simply live spelled backwards), but I'm hoping Kovi and company just light him up and by the time Gainey has to pull him, the Habs won't be able to recover.

Now, I suppose there is a chance Price finds his MOJO and stands on his head...who knows...

15I'm SHOCKED!! Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:09 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well see how hungry the Thrashers are for a win. If Kovalchuck gets on a roll... look out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next