GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm SHOCKED!!

+7
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
Jordo
PTFlea
LethalLehner
Cronie
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16I'm SHOCKED!! - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:00 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronie wrote:that was my thought too Shabbs. Either way, it's a gamble.
Yeah, he's in a tight spot. Neither goalie has shown any "fire" of late so he's going with his choice. But, Halak has been the better goalie for a while. He's clearly gambling that he can get Price to heat up. We'll see..

17I'm SHOCKED!! - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:02 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know I'm evil (Evil, coincidently is simply live spelled backwards), but I'm hoping Kovi and company just light him up and by the time Gainey has to pull him, the Habs won't be able to recover.

Now, I suppose there is a chance Price finds his MOJO and stands on his head...who knows...

18I'm SHOCKED!! - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:09 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well see how hungry the Thrashers are for a win. If Kovalchuck gets on a roll... look out.

19I'm SHOCKED!! - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:13 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

ElliottRules wrote:I am not. Gainey loves Price. If Price looks awful tonight, you have to wonder if this will wreck his confidence further into the future. He is already shakey and lacking confidence.
It's only a prelude until he enters rehab. They are trying to conceal some real issues in that room. What we hear about is only half the story.

Wasn't it Habs fans making fun of our demise last year, when the story was eerily similar in the Sens camp? Karma is a biatch! Sometimes.

20I'm SHOCKED!! - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:16 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Well see how hungry the Thrashers are for a win. If Kovalchuck gets on a roll... look out.

Too true, Shabbs, if Kovalchuck catches fire, as he is very capable of doing, it will get ugly for 'les habitants'

21I'm SHOCKED!! - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Again - if he's fixed his issue of going down too early 99% of the time, he's gonna be fine.

But the likelihood of him having fixed that in 5 days is reeeeeeeealy slim. Just take the extra second as a shooter and wait until you see him drop, then roof it. It sounds easy, but for an NHLer, they can do it with little to no problems.

22I'm SHOCKED!! - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:42 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

jamvan wrote:
ElliottRules wrote:I am not. Gainey loves Price. If Price looks awful tonight, you have to wonder if this will wreck his confidence further into the future. He is already shakey and lacking confidence.
It's only a prelude until he enters rehab. They are trying to conceal some real issues in that room. What we hear about is only half the story.

Wasn't it Habs fans making fun of our demise last year, when the story was eerily similar in the Sens camp? Karma is a biatch! Sometimes.

I am in agreement Jamvan. I think there is more going on than we know or may ever know. There have been stories of Price and alcohol that I have heard and it is apparently common knowledge in Montreal. You think if this is the case that they would want to send him rehab and try to get back on track. I really hope they didn't decide to keep him up here just because it is their centennial year.

23I'm SHOCKED!! - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:42 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:
shabbs wrote:Well see how hungry the Thrashers are for a win. If Kovalchuck gets on a roll... look out.

Too true, Shabbs, if Kovalchuck catches fire, as he is very capable of doing, it will get ugly for 'les habitants'

I would be more scared about Little if I'm the Habs. I predict a 2-3 point night for him.

24I'm SHOCKED!! - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm SHOCKED!! Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Gainey has no choice. Halak didn't play well last time out and has shown over his career that he's streaky. Looks like his win streak is over for whatever reason (yeah, he could have lost confidence) so playing him tonight would have been unwise. But Price could be just as bad. Really, it's the team that needs to rally, but they have no rallying point. Maybe someone will put out Koivu's other eye and that'll get them going.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2